Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Disney+

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    X-men 97' is coming back, and this is the only information you should need to know.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Poor Clint. I love him. He was the soul of the original Avengers.

I hope he'll get to spend his retirement in peace with his family.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Saw the trailer for Encanto in front of some movie a month or so ago and it made zero impact on me, like to the point I was almost actively against seeing it because of how generic it looked. After the movie my wife said, "oh that one looked good" and I was flabbergasted. But hey it's on D+ for 'free' so we watched it.

Yeah, that's a big nothing movie. The songs are fine, the messages - and man are there messages! - are fine, and it's pretty unsubtle about most everything it's talking/singing about. The trailer showed almost every good part to the film even. The best thing I can say is that the trailer didn't really spoil anything but I think that's because they didn't know what they were selling.

It looks good though. I mean it's absolutely gorgeous in parts so that was great. The rest? Didn't care. Maybe it was hitting too close emotionally for me? I did feel there were parts where I was mad at the film and what it was doing, so it's possible. Not thinking about it that hard though, it's not really worth it.

Kind of loved how the music was in English and Colombian though, that was a big win for the film.

Also quite surprised to see Fez in the credits because I didn't think he was getting much work lately. Funny side note:
    2021 Encanto Agustín Madrigal (voice)
    2014–16 From Dusk till Dawn: The Series Don Carlos Madrigal

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    echo your sentiments on Encanto. We took our nephews and it was just...fine. Nothing stuck with me.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Looks like a pastiche that might work. Not sure on the Peter Pan though, that thing's a nightmare.

a Smurf hat? what?
    Last edited by allegate; 04-27-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Willow footage.

has anyone read the sequel book series?
    Lucas outlined the Chronicles of the Shadow War trilogy to follow the film and hired comic book writer/novelist Chris Claremont to adapt them into a series of books. They take place about fifteen years after the original film and feature the teenage Elora Danan as a central character.
    They are...something. They kill Madmartigan and Sorsha and basically everyone from the movie in the first chapter and Willow is called something else for like 99.9% of the books.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-26-2022 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Looks like a pastiche that might work.
    We just finished watching it over here... quite enjoyable. Lots of IP to pay attention to. It's "like" Roger Rabbit but a lot less traumatizing. Not sure I'd watch it a second time though...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I read the book so I'm not too excited for this but I'll watch, especially since it's streaming for free.

At least it better be free.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Into the 2nd episode of this. Fascinating stuff.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 09-10-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

]
    The response I was cooking up in my mind to Willow was PURE vitriol, and comparable to how I'd respond to a Back to the Future or Princess Bride remake, until I realized...fuck me: that's the same dude! (Davis, I mean).

I doubt Mad Morrtigan can get down to boxing weight for this one, but, hell- sign me up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    The response I was cooking up in my mind to Willow was PURE vitriol, and comparable to how I'd respond to a Back to the Future or Princess Bride remake, until I realized...fuck me: that's the same dude! (Davis, I mean).

I doubt Mad Morrtigan can get down to boxing weight for this one, but, hell- sign me up.
    It's not a remake, it's a sequel!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It's not a remake, it's a sequel!
    Word. This has the potential to be fucking GREAT.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched Disenchanted. It was disenchanting. There was a story there to be told that would have been great but they muddled it down so much that it was just fine. Adequate even.

Watching Willow. They (the production team) seems to have an issue not showing the transporters that the characters keep using. I mean if you're going to keep having people appear hours away from where they were previously just admit they have transporter tech. It doesn't even have to be Trek levels of tech, it could be magic ffs, but you need to start showing it when it happens.