Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

bought this 8bitdo SF30PRO controller last week and it's honestly one of the best $40 purchases i've ever made.

if you play platformers on ANY system (it'll work with any modern console that uses bluetooth controllers, and it charges with a USB-C cable (included)) it makes such a huge difference having a proper D-pad, and buttons that aren't teeny tiny. i can't tell you how many times my thumb would wear out from using the fake d-pad on the joycon while playing celeste.

this thing is amazing.

and because it has both sets of L+R buttons, as well as a button that gets used as "home" (and another that on the switch is the "screenshot" button), there are literally no games it won't work for. that said, it's a little difficult to play smash bros. with it because you can't use the d-pad. but it was perfect for mortal kombat 11, which we picked up over the weekend along with mario maker 2 (we both had gift certificates from our leftover thinkgeek points).

edited to add: this is a much better investment than whatever controller nintendo is going to roll out officially for playing the SNES online games, because you know theirs isn't going to have both sets of L+R buttons, nor is it going to have a proper home button. plus this was $40; theirs is slated to be $30 but there's probably going to be about $10 shipping (if the NES controllers they released are any indications...kinda wishing i hadn't bought those, now)
I was going to suggest 8BitDo, but you said the Nintendo peripheral was $30, and I knew the cheapest 8Bit was $40. So glad you like it! I have the N30 Arcade Stick, and it’s the best cheap stick I own.