Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    all the WiiU stuff came out last week... anyone excited?
    I really wanted to be, but I just can't bring myself to throw down the money. I got a Wii day one yet after a year or so it was sitting unused, soon after that I got a ps3, and then that was pretty much it. I think the same is going to happen here. And its not because I think it'll be a bad system in any way, but its just that I only have so much time to game these days and I'd rather do it in one place, and paying £250 odd to play games that are frankly very similar to ones I can already play seems a little steep. I can play touch screen games on my iPad/Vita.. I can play HD games on my Ps3 and PC games on the mac using bootcamp. So yeah.. It looks cool, but maybe not for me.
    In other news I have a burning need to play the original super Mario Brothers on something that isn't a crappy emulator on my phone, I need controls damn it!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I am surprised that this thread never got bumped it being the Wii U release weekend and all. Did anyone get their hands on the new console here?
    I managed to get the 8GB console... yeah, I know 8 GB is kinda inferior to the 32, but when you think about it, will 32 GB even be enough space down the road anyway? I am willing to bet that even the 32 is going to need an external HD eventually down the road. And even after 3-4 years of this systems life span, I bet any money that Nintendo is going to release a new and improved super machine, kinda like what they did with the xbox 360.

Buuuut, all that asside (and I am being brief here as I wrote for 15 mins straight only to have ETS crash on me.... and lost 15 mins worth of typing).
    The new system is AMAZING!!!! holy smokes is this machine ever wonderful. I was skeptial at first, but wow am I ever impressed. Actually, I can't say I am too skeptical, I haven't really been following the news and reviews on the system. I wanted a pure unknown, unbiased, fresh experience to myself without getting people's positive and negative reviews in my head before playing this, and I think it paid off. I love the new system.

This system is a hell of a lot better and more exciting than the wii launch, especialyl the launch lineup. People say the lineup sucks, but compared to the Wii's launch, this is a million times better. I already have Nintendo land, New super mario bros U, Tank! Tank! Tank and Scribblenauts Unlimited. played Nintendo land for about 5 hrs straight on launch day with my girlfriend and we had so much fun. The thing this this game is you can change up your playing style to get a different experience each time. One person can take on the wiimote in one mode, while another uses the tablet. The commands are different depending what device you use, so if you get sick of using one setup in a game, just trade with another person to use a different set of controls. It's alot of fun and keeps things new and exciting.

I don't remember what other points I made before original post crashed, but I think I can live with that. Anyone else get or play the system? Interested in hearing what others here think about it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Nintendo

So far I love my Wii U. The love the gamepad. I haven't had a lot of time to play but I'm going to be playing New Super Mario Bros U and Scribblenauts Unlimited pretty hard today. So far nothing in Nintendo Land has grabbed me like some of the Wii Sports games but I will get to play the multiplayer games for the first time today.

My Nintendo ID is RJK-99 (Damn Nintendo for requiring six letters.) if you want to add me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am debating if I should get the New Nintendo 2DS XL or just the Switch. Which one do you guys think is something worth buying?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    I am debating if I should get the New Nintendo 2DS XL or just the Switch. Which one do you guys think is something worth buying?
    My vote is the Switch. Bigger screen, better graphics, and you can dock it to ta TV. I haven't touched my 3DS since I picked up my Switch back in March.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    My vote is the Switch. Bigger screen, better graphics, and you can dock it to ta TV. I haven't touched my 3DS since I picked up my Switch back in March.
    This. Can't imagine the 3ds/2ds being around for too much longer, tbh. There's no reason to support two handhelds. Figure they will probably start phasing it out in the next year or so. Just a guess.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Are you getting a Nintendo Switch Saturn?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that's pretty cool.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I found out that my sealed copy of Wii U Breath of the Wild is a rare-ish misprint. Should I get it graded? There's a couple copies on eBay, but also none of the graded ones seem to be selling. It's in perfect shape so I could probably get at least $200 for it closer to the holidays. Or maybe wait until the sequel comes out?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I found out that my sealed copy of Wii U Breath of the Wild is a rare-ish misprint. Should I get it graded? There's a couple copies on eBay, but also none of the graded ones seem to be selling. It's in perfect shape so I could probably get at least $200 for it closer to the holidays. Or maybe wait until the sequel comes out?
    What makes it a misprint?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    What makes it a misprint?
    The controller matrix.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The controller matrix.
    Hilarious what will make people shell out hundreds of dollars sometimes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't followed ANYTHING about the Wii U. Some of the questions I would have:

Can I play my wii games on it? Is the Wii U higher resolution than the Wii? If yes to both, how will my Wii games look on it?
    Can I use my existing Wii remotes?

I am thinking about picking one up if I ever see one, but I mainly only play multiplayer games when I have friends over, and really don't want to spend a bunch of money buying 3 more remotes again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just answered some of my questions by going to the Wiki page. Doesn't look like I'd be able to use my old wii remotes as I never got any of the Wii remote Plus ones.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The Wii remote question depends on the game. Some need motion plus some don't.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, the wiimote situation is kind of odd, The old remotes seem to work most of the time, but every now and then a game will tell you to add on the motion plus adapter.

For instance, the regular wiimote works fine for New Super Mario Bros U, and for alot of Nintendoland, but it asked the wii motion plus adaptor to be attatched for the Metroid Blast mini game.

If you look on the back of the gamebox, it should tell you what controls are needed to play the game. The Nintendoland one shows a regular wiimote and then a motion plus icon as well, assuming you can use both.

I only had non motion plus ones as well, and I made the mistake of buying 3 brand new ones as well, and I may not need them. 2 are still in their packaging, so I might return them. You don't need to buy a all new wiimote, you can actually just by the wii motion adapter accessory (if you can find one) they are only $8-12 on eBay. I'm gonna scope out some used game stores around town for some, if I can get a couple cheap ones i'm just gonna use those and return the wii motion plus remotes I got.

Also, regarding friends lists and the "miiverse" Nintendo sure have hard sticks pretty far up their asses. There is a huge list of demands and contidions on what you can and cannot post and do online that if you fuck up, the block you. i was blocked for 2 reasons 1) I wrote a link to my youtube channel in my bio, and 2) apparently my "mii" was inappropriate to show to others... and I'm not sure why. It's a damn cartoon version of myself!! Just a guy with long hair and sunglasses. WTF Nintendo???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just look at this: http://www.nintendo.com/wiimini?country=CA&lang=en/

I don't know why, but I think this looks SO SO good. Shame that it doesn't let you play Gamecube games. And it's Canada-exclusive for now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Just look at this: http://www.nintendo.com/wiimini?country=CA&lang=en/

I don't know why, but I think this looks SO SO good. Shame that it doesn't let you play Gamecube games. And it's Canada-exclusive for now.
    Yeah, it looks pretty sweet, and it's only $99.99, but no Gamecube compatibility nor wi-fi is a little crappy. You could at least let them download old games to a hard drive. They may be missing out on a little money there...

And the Wizard...a full length movie that was a commercial for Nintendo. They really did rule the world back then:
    Last edited by poinoup; 11-27-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Additions and subtractions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Yeah, it looks pretty sweet, and it's only $99.99, but no Gamecube compatibility nor wi-fi is a little crappy. You could at least let them download old games to a hard drive. They may be missing out on a little money there...
    Yeah, would have been pretty sweet to be able to play the Resident Evil 1 Remake on that Wii mini.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The fuckin' Power Glove!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the insight! New Super Mario Bros U looks kind of fun. I really only play with multiplayer. Are the multiplayer features any different?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Trine 2 looks great. I played the first one on the PS3, so I'm looking forward to playing this one.
    The trailer is best watched in 720 or 1080.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    Trine 2 looks great. I played the first one on the PS3, so I'm looking forward to playing this one.
    The trailer is best watched in 720 or 1080.

I downloaded this and it's fun and beautiful on the Wii U. My nine year old daughter played for nearly two hours and seemed to enjoy it as much as I did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone played with the Wii U already and wants to share their thought?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Anyone played with the Wii U already and wants to share their thought?
    I love it. The GamePad is higher resolution and lighter than I expected. My experience with that part of it has been perfect, it's designed very well and I wouldn't change a thing about it. The stereo speakers in it work better than I would have guessed too. I've mostly played the new Mario game and it's a blast. The fact that I can play that game on either the GamePad or the TV is nice for me since others may want to use the TV for other things. That can't be done in all games of course, but I'm playing Mario more on the pad than the TV.

Overall, it's a great system, I do worry about Nintendo's future though. Third party developers didn't give much of a shit about the Wii and I don't think many will care about the additional features of the Wii U. Sad for Nintendo and Nintendo fans. I hope I'm wrong.

Nintendoland is a blast with a room full of people. I can confirm this.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Everything the above poster said is true. Wii U is awesome! I love it and the 2 games he mentioned steal the show and are worth picking up ig you get a wii. Hope they release some new good games soon though, not sure how long these ones will last. I've been trying to take my time with Mario, but i'm already 50% through.

Nintendoland is much better witha group of people than playing alone. The multiplayer games are better than the single player ones, with Yoshi's fruit cart being an exception. That's a fun single player game.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Just to add my two cents I loved being able to play Mario U on the gamepad while everyone was watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Nintendo Land is a blast. I love Pikmin Adventure and Donkey Kong Crash Course.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Orrigional nintendo is where its at Mario/duckhunt combo cart. Too bad duckhunt doesnt work with these newfangeld tvs.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This is epic!

Mega Man VS Street Fighter, an all new 8-bit style mega man game featuring 8 new bosses of... you guessed it, the Street Fighter Characters!
    Releasing as a free download for their 25th anniversary on Dec 17th!!