Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ghostemane

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Sure, he's def. growing his sound into something improved from the earlier stuff. That first song is still pretty bad, and his image is goofy as hell. The second song is pretty solid. I dug it. I will give you that. From what I see and where he gets booked, he's still trying to appeal to the mainstream, nu-metal revival type kids. Keep going in the direction of that second track, drop the fucking rapping completely and like start doing stuff with Youth Code or something.

That stuff from FOUR YEARS AGO that is still bothering you IS like ICP nonsense. It's really cringey to me, I'm sorry. Glad he's inching towards respectability though. I know you want vindication haha.

You need to move from bumblefuck Texas and get closer to somewhere where you can catch all these diverse artists you like live. I knwo you can't b/c of health & family reliance factors, but it would do you so good to more easily indulge/support all the music you ride for.

But then you'd be busier & not d/l all those movies we leech off you. So nevermind. Stay put & keep bumpin' the 2023 version of Twizted ;-)
    Twizted. I'm dead. But yeah, we're never gonna agree on this. I think N/O/I/S/E is great industrial hip hop, that the pain is for real, and the ritual magic references are...well, the kid DOES have an obscure hermetic word tattooed on his face. That shit is real, too.

ICP, although I respect their movement, the music is just awful. They're stupid dudes talking about hitting people with hatchets and shit. The production is bad, the rapping is bad, and there isn't much passion.

But there's no more point in arguing. I'm just surprised more NIN fans aren't Ghoste fans. And, yeah...he played at the gathering, once...but not as many times as Danny Brown or Bone.

Trust me, I'd LOVE to get out of here. Remember, I came from Dallas. But you're right...we can't, now. We can't leave my mom all alone: she needs help. AND, my stepson lives here, now, and goes to school here.

Edit: also, THANK you for leeching the flicks. I WANT that work to do some.good for.my friends, for.real. It's SOMETHING I can do.to make a TINY difference for a few people.
    @bobbie solo , we DO take requests, also, if you wanna see anything. Don't be shy.
    @wizfan do you want a plex share, my Greek brother?
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-09-2023 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @wizfan do you want a plex share, my Greek brother?
    I haven't used plex in ages, but okay! pm me the deets, pls

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    industrial hip hop
    that right there is the problem. I can't deal with anything noisy, metal-ish, etc mixed with actually rapping. I'm not talking nu-metal or staccato style singing in hardcore. Shit like this, Death Grips, H09909091H0909 or whatever the fuck it is....all trash to me. I do fuck with JPEGMAFIA though. Maybe b/c he's an actual rapper doing this, and not some white guy playing dress-up.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    that right there is the problem. I can't deal with anything noisy, metal-ish, etc mixed with actually rapping. I'm not talking nu-metal or staccato style singing in hardcore. Shit like this, Death Grips, H09909091H0909 or whatever the fuck it is....all trash to me. I do fuck with JPEGMAFIA though. Maybe b/c he's an actual rapper doing this, and not some white guy playing dress-up.
    See I DO fucks with Death Grips and Ho99o9 and a little City Morgue and such, but they ALL pale in comparison to Ghostemane.

And dude, I discovered ghost around the time I got my RA diagnosis. I was SOOOO fucking depressed.

And man. Hearing that intro when he sings "no one knows what I mean when I say that I'd rather be dead than alive," I was hooked, IMMEDIATELY, because I was constantly telling friends and fam like "fuck this. I don't even wanna be here. No more guitar (which was my therapy: hell, my wife recently told my doctor it.was my LIFE). Very few work options. SSI, maybe, but I gotta fight for it. Go ahead and cut ten years off your lifespan.
    Near constant pain.

So yeah, I think that's part of it. Listening to.N/O/I/S/E...this cat rapping like fucking Bizzy Bone kind of.(i.have on a bone shirt and a bone TL.logo which is super dope.because it stands for.The Life, but it's also my initials...), ANYWAY...
    Hearing the kid rap all.fast about sadness and anxiety and shit, and then the break.where it gets pretty quiet, followed by "im not.gonna MAAAAKE IIIIIIT!!!!" over industrial shit, and "I'm in a million fuCKIN PIEEEEECES! PICK ME UP OFF THE FLOOR!"

It's liek, dude. It connected. It connected much like SICNH connected to me at 12 because of my little unrequited middle school "love".

And then, with Parv0, the REALLY nasty one called "I duckingf hate you" or something like that,it's the part where he says "shouldn't I be healthy shouldn't I be...WHAAAAAAAAAFUUUUUCK...I'M NOT FUCKING HAPPY, I'M NEVER HAPPY !!!! OWAHaHahaaaaaaa" and he sounds like he MEANS it, and then starts whispering and says "what a waste WHAT A WASTE WHAT A WASTE WHAT A WASTE" multiple times over some nasty, hardcore industrial shit, until it sounds like he's collapsing into fucking like, screaming in agony and tears with the droning sound from.Fixed buzzing, the one from the torture part, and, yeah.

I FEEEL it. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't be so in love with it if i.weren't sick, you know?

But you know, even the older shit became far more relatable, like Mercury: Retrograde featuring

"Ask me if I give a fuck about a clique, ay
    Ask me if I give a fuck about a diss, yuh
    Ask me if I give a fuck about fame, hey
    Recently I just don't give a fuck about a thing, yuh
    I'm sick and disownin' all the moments
    And the key components
    That led me to follow hollow promises from empty monads

It's 11 degrees and I can see my breath so I know I'm breathin'
    But I got no pulse I swear to Thelema my heart ain't beatin' ...
    Findin' the silver lining and I'm minin' for hope
    Tryin' to keep my wrists closed"

Now, keep in mind that I'm fairly goddamn spiritual, but I felt abandoned. And I'm into Gnosticism, so I know what a Monad is: true god, Yahweh being evil and Christ being a messenger of the Monad. But being "sick," he feels like the Monad is empty. God, why have you forsaken me, et al. And 11 degrees? Eleven?!
    Or Andromeda, even:
    I don't really want no bitch
    I don't really want no top
    I don't really want no hope
    I don't really want no hoe
    I don't really want no life
    I don't even really wanna die
    I don't really wanna do shit, bitch
    World got me down and I wanna just quit

And in the fast part, shit like "I
    would not be alive if I gave in to one of the times that I wanted to be 6 feet deep beneath all of our feet"

SO yeah. I KIND of dug those old tracks, there, but THEN, suddenly, RIGHT when I got sick, he switched from Suicide Boys vibe to an industrial vibe, with the NOISE album.

So that's a massive part of my love for that shit. I was, and still am, legitimately THAT fucking depressed, due to fucking sickness. AND, I was once WAY too deep into ritual magic, and I still STUDY a whole hell of a lot.of the shit he references, like Hermeticism, Gnosticism, Kabbalah, Enochian magic,, etc. And a good bit of the references, like Kybalion and the Monad and Kali Yuga and John Dee are RIGHT,.and much fucking cooler.to.me than MM going on about "Satan" or whatever.

But at the end of the day? I say all this to say that it's about shared pain and shit, more than anything. It's catharsis for me. All his references to health: idk if he means mental health, or if HE has some sort of actual incurable disease, or what.

I was diagnosed with "bipolar disorder with psychotic features" in 97, WAY before they gave EVERYONE that fucking diagnosis, so my DEFAULT state is kind of fucked up. Used to, though, I could at least pick up my guitar and play, or book a show or hit an open Mic for relief. Now, I can't.

I'm working on open tunings and experimental shit, but I doubt I'll ever be playing a fire Little Wing again, you know?

And THEN, the last album was MORE straight up like, sad, angry industrial than the previous one.

Again, I HIGHLY doubt I'd be THIS big into this shit if I hadn't gotten sick. Hopefully that makes sense.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Also, dude, Ghostemane, believe it or not, HAS been rapping for a long time. He started recording and releasing hip hop as ILL BIZ in like 2014.

Hell, I was writing rap in the eighties, at like fucking seven, eight years old.
    and then my spoken word poetry sort of became a style of rap in the 90s. And I think it's pretty fucking good. It's DIFFERENT.

I've never released any of it, though, and if I do, you'd never know it was me, because I'd never let on. I DID record some of it back in the day, though, and I'm pretty goddamn proud of my poetry and rhyme schemes and shit.
    It's mostly heartbreak related, with like growling whispered vocals here and there, and, industrial noises with like funky drummer type beats and such.

But the 20 or so people who have heard it dig the shit out of it.

I don't have a problem with someone playing rock music AND rapping. In FACT, I sometimes think i could have BEEN this cat, or something similar, because the shit I was recording in 97 or 98 was in the same ballpark, and my pen game was stronger, imho.
    I just didn't wanna be a white rapper of ANY kind in the nineties. He's ten years younger, though. Sometimes I wish I'd have fucking gone for it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-10-2023 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    someone get this man an editor!

you are into Flatbush Zombies right? And Gravediggaz? I feel like they both have skirted that line with a better touch.