Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Vice (Dick Cheney movie)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Vice (Dick Cheney movie)

Saw this last night and loved it. It's been getting mixed reviews, but I thought it was great. Christian Bale was so good as Cheney, you would think you were watching the real Dick Cheney. Steve Carell (Rusmsfeld), Amy Adams (Lynne Cheney), and Sam Rockwell (G.W.B.) were also quite good. This film really showed how Cheney was the puppet master during the W. years. It might also surprise people to learn that Cheney and Rumsfeld were around forever, since the Nixon-era.

Also made me remember how awful Bush/Cheney were.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really want to see this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    As do I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My first thought after watching the trailer (well, after "holy shit, that was Christian Bale") was, that guy probably did gain a whole 100 lbs for this role. Looks like a good flick.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I loved it (it made my top five of the year) but it will make you very angry if you have a soul as well as a functional brain. I knew some of the shit he’d done going in but the scope of the awful things he and Rumsfeld did...it just enraged me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Too much bad shit going on with the current admin and other republican ghouls in Congress. Can't watch a look back at other horrible right wing death dealers right now, part. one that is sometimes comedic.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Interesting movie. I enjoy the almost gonzo style of film making that the director started in The Big Short. It's worth the price of admission for Christian Bale's performance alone. Amy Adams does a great job. Bush Jr and Rumsfeld specifically are played almost like cartoon characters. The story is not without its problems. You never really get much insight into what makes Cheney tick. The whole idea that he is obsessed only with power and nothing else seems like it only skims the surface. I get that he is a pretty secretive person and the filmmakers did the best they could and therefore can offer no real alternative there. I don't know if anyone else felt this way but in a parallel universe this could have been a Michael Moore movie.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This interests me but I know how much of a piece of shit Dick Cheney was so it’d be hard to watch seriously. Would I enjoy this? Is this meant to be satire?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I wouldn’t call it satire but there are a good amount of funny parts.