Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    He specifically called out Radiohead as a band he didn't care for, only to tour with Thom Yorke a few years later.
    Wait, when did this happen?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I feel like I'm going crazy. I can't actually find any info on it. I could have sworn that I read about him doing a one-ff DJ set with Thom Yorke, but I can't seem to find any evidence of it. So it looks like I'm wrong twice in a row :/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I feel like I'm going crazy. I can't actually find any info on it. I could have sworn that I read about him doing a one-ff DJ set with Thom Yorke, but I can't seem to find any evidence of it. So it looks like I'm wrong twice in a row :/
    Maybe you're thinking of this?

On Friday, Greenwood premiered his “48 Responses to Polymorphia,” a piece inspired by Penderecki’s 1961 “Polymorphia.” On Saturday, Aphex Twin unveiled his remix of Penderecki’s 1960 “Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima” along with his own “Polymorphia” reworking, titled “Polymorphia Reloaded.” The performances took place as part of the European Culture Congress in Wroclaw, Poland.
    Even the article's title is misleading since they didn't actually play together.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    NIN and TY both played Day For Night as a stand alone festival appearance.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Didn't he once say the rainbows boxset was worthy of beating out Year Zero?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Didn't he once say the rainbows boxset was worthy of beating out Year Zero?
    I have no idea who we are talking about anymore or why. Spot NIN much lately?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I have no idea who we are talking about anymore or why. Spot NIN much lately?
    I remember TRs comment about In Rainbows back in 2008, but I didn't catch on that he was being sarcastic, I guess that's why TR made sure everyone knew how he felt.

https://www.cnet.com/news/trent-rezn...was-insincere/

Yes I "spot" nin lately, ^^^^

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I remember TRs comment about In Rainbows back in 2008, but I didn't catch on that he was being sarcastic, I guess that's why TR made sure everyone knew how he felt.

And this is relevant to the discussion of Aphex Twin dissing Radiohead's music (not their marketing savvy, mind, but being pleb-tier electronic musicians in his assessment)... because reasons?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

The writer of that article is grotesquely naive. There are literally thousands of artists who use the Internet to distribute their music, for free, paid, whatever. It's been like that for years, but no one cares because they're not on mainstream radio or in the shops. If you're on a 'traditional' label, you have a marketing team who gets you on the radio and TV, gets you interviews, gets you tour dates. If you're doing it yourself, it's almost impossible to get recognised unless you build a similar team and have a lot of disposable income. When a 'traditional' band releases an album using a pay-what-you-want model, suddenly that band is doing something iconic, amazing, why has no one done this before? And they're praised for their ingenuity. But all these other thousands of artists who don't have a name are completely ignored. It's sad. /rant