Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I still will never understand, given how much scrutiny and attention is on Roger Stone right now, WHY THE HELL is his deleted tweet, where he tweeted "never denied perfectly legal back channel to Assange who indeed had the goods on #CrookedHillary" not being brought up? The last news article I can find that even brings it up is from 2017.
    I'd have to imagine that if it's anything, it's probably just that there's so MUCH stuff going on that keeping track of it all is a chore.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

It feels just like yesterday that Steve Apple was killed by Brute et al and Tim crowned the new reigning Apple.

"Beware the iPods of March"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

It feels just like yesterday that Steve Apple was killed by Brute et al and Tim crowned the new reigning Apple.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths"

This is evil shit, man.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    First the funny:

Now the not:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    uh

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Trump told the donors that he actually said "Tim Cook Apple" really fast, and the "Cook" part of the sentence was soft. But all you heard from the "fake news," he said, was "Tim Apple."

https://www.axios.com/trump-rnc-dono...2f3264ef1.html

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump told the donors that he actually said "Tim Cook Apple" really fast, and the "Cook" part of the sentence was soft. But all you heard from the "fake news," he said, was "Tim Apple."

https://www.axios.com/trump-rnc-dono...2f3264ef1.html
    this is some next level gaslighting. Disputing reviewable evidence... seriously fuuuuuuuuuck this

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    this is some next level gaslighting. Disputing reviewable evidence... seriously fuuuuuuuuuck this
    He knows enough of his base won't review it though. Fox won't play the video to dispute him, and they're not watching any other network. He's got nothing to lose by lying.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But even his daughter is laughing about how he screws up names?

Last edited by allegro; 03-10-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    It's okay guys, it was actually an intentional, tactical time-saving move!

Last edited by theimage13; 03-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so... did anyone else watch that maddening press conference with Sarah Sanders, after a record 6-week break? Oh my god, I feel like I just got electro shock therapy.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    so... did anyone else watch that maddening press conference with Sarah Sanders, after a record 6-week break? Oh my god, I feel like I just got electro shock therapy.
    No, what happened?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    No, what happened?
    It was insane... she called Trump "the most transparent president in modern American history" (in the wake of this being the longest break between press conferences in history), when asked if the President really believed Democrats hated Jews she said "that's something you'll have to ask the democrats," and when asked if Trump intends to dial back his divisive rhetoric, she said something about how Democrats want to murder babies. I've never screamed at a tv like this.

Sanders has gone full-Goebbels.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It was insane... she called Trump "the most transparent president in modern American history" (in the wake of this being the longest break between press conferences in history), when asked if the President really believed Democrats hated Jews she said "that's something you'll have to ask the democrats," and when asked if Trump intends to dial back his divisive rhetoric, she said something about how Democrats want to murder babies. I've never screamed at a tv like this.

Sanders has gone full-Goebbels.
    Sanders BEEN Goebbels

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I honestly wonder whether Sanders is a horribly malicious and evil person, or if she's just so fucking stupid that she thought taking a job in the White House would be a dream gig, and is too damn scared to leave because no respectable employer would ever want someone who has been as absolute shit at their job as she's been.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I honestly wonder whether Sanders is a horribly malicious and evil person, or if she's just so fucking stupid that she thought taking a job in the White House would be a dream gig, and is too damn scared to leave because no respectable employer would ever want someone who has been as absolute shit at their job as she's been.
    Just checked and the answer is both. Yep, it's both.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So is nobody going to talk about how Pelosi has said she will not be seeking impeachment of Trump?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    So is nobody going to talk about how Pelosi has said she will not be seeking impeachment of Trump?
    I like how she did it. Acknowledging his unfitness, but saying she won't impeach him. He's not going to know what to do with that.

It's both giving him what he wants while insulting him. How he reacts is going to be a big sign of how important his ego is. He might say "oh, no important enough to impeach? I'll show you!" and then do something even dumber than usual so that even the republicans support his removal.

It was an interesting approach. It should take away his power to use explosive attacks to try and hurt his detractors.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I honestly think it's a good call not to push for impeachment. Not because he doesn't deserve it, but more because the focus for the upcoming election in 2020 should 100% revolve around issues and positive legislation. The "who cares, let's just beat Trump!" approach isn't going to work.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    At this point, practically speaking, let’s just vote him out, throw him and his fucked up kids in jail, and then hope history books teach kids about why he sucked

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It’s a smart call. Yet, she left the door open. Clinton was impeached yet found not guilty of perjury and obstruction by the Senate. Same thing is likely to happen, here, unless (like Pelosi says) there is some HUGE amount of incriminating evidence that brings bipartisan support against Trump in the Senate. Otherwise, it will hurt the 2020 election.

Like you said: Focus on the ISSUES. Healthcare, immigration, jobs, debt, taxes, etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-12-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Besides, if they wait til 2020 and then vote him out, they can easily call it the will of the people, whereas if they impeach him, Republicans can call it the will of the evil Big Government Democrats. It doesn't even matter if it succeeds or not in the second case, they case could be made, and we all know plenty of people would fall for it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Besides, if they wait til 2020 and then vote him out, they can easily call it the will of the people, whereas if they impeach him, Republicans can call it the will of the evil Big Government Democrats. It doesn't even matter if it succeeds or not in the second case, they case could be made, and we all know plenty of people would fall for it.
    Not sure if I ever thought I'd say this, but on this point, agreed 100%

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Literally the only reason I would like to see Trump impeached is because I know it would infuriate him to the point of having a stroke, and add a tarnish to his tenure that would be reported on in history books and documentaries for the rest of time. If he's just a super shitty president who never gets anything done, there's a chance he may fade into obscurity. And that's too good for him.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Literally the only reason I would like to see Trump impeached is because I know it would infuriate him to the point of having a stroke, and add a tarnish to his tenure that would be reported on in history books and documentaries for the rest of time. If he's just a super shitty president who never gets anything done, there's a chance he may fade into obscurity. And that's too good for him.
    No, he will go down in history... historians don't forget shit like this.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    No, he will go down in history... historians don't forget shit like this.
    Historians don't. But 50 years from now he'll be just another shitty president that students don't really learn anything about. General American History textbooks will have him as little more than just another guy who sucked at his job. Impeachment would earn him a more prominent stain that more people would learn about, which his presidency needs. Believe it or not, I wholly believe that students today will see another president of such an awful magnitude, unless we learn from our mistakes. And if we simply dismiss him and move on, then we probably won't learn.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Bill Clinton was impeached and nobody really gives a shit. He still does speaking engagements and did a eulogy for Aretha Franklin.