Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'll be sure to buy six copies
    It still won't make you as cool as me......

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That vinyl looks awesome. I'd love to have one. Also too bad Coachella is on the other side of the States. One festival I've always wanted to attend, besides Lollapalooza. All we have is Carolina Rebellion, which usually sucks. This year is the first I think that actually has good acts.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    EDIT:

FULL SET - pretty damn surprising to see Nard interacting with the crowd that much.

NOTE: Vocal audio is VERY low.

Last edited by Reznor2112; 04-01-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    EDIT:

FULL SET - pretty damn surprising to see Nard interacting with the crowd that much.

NOTE: Vocal audio is VERY low.

Pretty damn surprising he allowed his set to be filmed professionally.

Great quality and performance. I skimmed around and caught snippets of REV 22:20, Breathe and The Undertaker. Watch the video in full later.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Eddie Vedder walks out and shares a glass of vino at 17:50 and sits on the right side of the stage at 20:39

EDIT: fuck the times, eddie is all over the place after 20:39 haha fuck yeah
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 04-01-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    55:18 holy shit!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    55:18 holy shit!
    What about it? Honestly, I have no idea what you're referring to.

Also, you think the vocal level on this recording is low?! In a concert recording where the vocal level is what I would call "VERY low" you can barely tell there's a vocalist. Here you can hear every note and word he's singing distinctly.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I just meant the volume. And Im referring to him actually belting as apposed to just lightly singing like he has lately.

You tend to like to disagree alot dont you...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I just meant the volume. And Im referring to him actually belting as apposed to just lightly singing like he has lately.

You tend to like to disagree alot dont you...
    Actually, I was authentically curious what you were referring to in the first part, and I just disagree that the vocal level is low at all in that recording.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It would be cool if the 'Nard Dog feigned even half as much enthusiasm during his Tool/APC gigs as he does during Puscifer shows.

Minor QQ aside, the band and new songs sound great. I'll have to snatch up a ticket if they come near me anytime soon.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The vocals seemed horrendously mixed during the first song, but after that it seemed like they caught on and fixed it, because I could hear the vocals just fine afterwards.

This was the first Puscifer live set I've ever watched/listened to, and I was certainly impressed by it. I wasn't expecting Maynard to...well...act like a frontman, I guess.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

This sounds really pretentious, probably, but I like how Maynard acts with the different bands.

With APC, the focus is mostly on Billy and all the members kind of blend together. With Tool, he hangs out in the back with the band spread out individually. With Puscifer, he's front and center and acts like it.

I think each one's a different type of band and he acts like it.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I finally tracked down a physical CD, by getting a store to order one.
    And my initial response is that I like it a lot: much more than Conditions. My fave track so far is Dear Brother "Denton Rework."

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    No time to watch it now - downloaded the 480p version in case he suddenly has a change of heart and requests a takedown. Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    This sounds really pretentious, probably, but I like how Maynard acts with the different bands.

With APC, the focus is mostly on Billy and all the members kind of blend together. With Tool, he hangs out in the back with the band spread out individually. With Puscifer, he's front and center and acts like it.

I don't think that sounds pretentious at all. I'm of the same school of thought - three different bands, three distinctly different identities and personas - and he plays all of them well. Mark of a good artist.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Puscifer's live stream from Coachella is about to start, does anyone know how to rip the audio like someone did for HTDA??

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

I kind of agree really.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    nvm.........

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Puscifer

Wow what a cock block. They are showing the video screens and playing the audio. Lame.

Edit: back to live video. This is weird.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Puscifer's live stream from Coachella is about to start, does anyone know how to rip the audio like someone did for HTDA??
    if nobody grabs it, I'll go in and capture it. I'm pretty sure that somebody will nab it though.

With the commentary about how Maynard functions within his respective groups... the first couple times I saw them (aenima tour), he was very much a front man w/ Tool. He would dress up in outrageous costumes, banter with the audience, stand front and center, tell jokes... He changed that completely when I saw them on the Lateralus tour.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Welp, hopefully someone rips this because I can't get Youtube to, you know, actually stream video AT ALL right now. I either have to refresh it every five seconds or stare at graphics the equivalent of an old Gameboy the entire time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Uber bullshit back and forth from live to video screens. And is it just me or does it seem the band doesnt really care about this performance?

At least CR looks good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Video feed is a coke-fueled disaster, audio mixing is all over the place, not going well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I think it sounds great. And I wouldn't say "the band doesn't care about this performance" but I would say "Maynard chose to have the videos played instead of live footage because he's an asshole."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Welp, hopefully someone rips this because I can't get Youtube to, you know, actually stream video AT ALL right now. I either have to refresh it every five seconds or stare at graphics the equivalent of an old Gameboy the entire time.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Wow...that's the biggest cluster of a live feed I've seen in ages. I can't imagine that's entirely Maynard telling the festival that certain videos had to be played over live footage - a number of those cuts just seemed like mistakes from the video production team. And it's a shame, because I still haven't gotten a chance to see Puscifer live and was looking forward to a professional recording. Ah well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Carina on Rev 22:20

Jesus christ, her vocals are fucking amazing...gives a totally different feel to that song.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It looks like that got taken down... Does anyone have it saved?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It looks like that got taken down... Does anyone have it saved?
    It's on dimeadozen in 1080p if you have an account.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Wow...that's the biggest cluster of a live feed I've seen in ages. I can't imagine that's entirely Maynard telling the festival that certain videos had to be played over live footage - a number of those cuts just seemed like mistakes from the video production team. And it's a shame, because I still haven't gotten a chance to see Puscifer live and was looking forward to a professional recording. Ah well.
    The Lollapalooza rip is still up, I think.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

That's a damn good show. The audio quality is fantastic, too. I'm going to have to rip to some MP3s.