Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics!!!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Man, I like Jeff Lemire but I had to drop Animal Man after the first dozen issues. All that stuff about the Red vs Rot was just too gruesome and depressing to read month after month.

In other news, so excited for Gotham Academy tomorrow!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fuck the haters, Batgirl #35 was hella cute!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Hey @henryeatscereal and @Space Suicide , there's a super duper bundle on Star Wars issues right now. https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot! i always wanted that sweet Omnibus, like the "pay what you want dynamics"

On topic: Bought "Death of Wolverine 4", the ending was a bit meh, but McNiven's art really made it shine, it's not terrible but not great either, only buy if you are a hardcore Wolvie fan...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    So Marvel has done something rather stupid and cancelled She-Hulk. Yes, let's can fun, original content because we need to relaunch Secret Avengers and Civil War. All these fucking tie-ins and relaunches is killing creativity.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Marvel has his head up his ass lately: they destroyed the X Men franchise, made The Avengers the new X-Men and won't give attention to the Fantastic Four (his best team in my opinion), now they are bringing back Civil War, Secret Wars, House of M, World War Hulk and other crossovers so they can relaunch, fuck them! i'm only buying "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Spiderman" anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woah. The Question in Multiversity. The first spiral dynamics super-hero. Awesome.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    "For pureness of heart is the greatest magic of all!"- Loki

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Loki the Sarcasm Master? Please tell me that's it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    No, the latest Marvel "event" is AXIS, which has people's moral codes inverted. Certain superheroes are now "evil" and villains, such as Loki and Amora are "good" and "heroic". (I'm not reading these titles, so this is just a very brief summary.) Good Loki is so damn treacle it's vomit-inducing. Thankfully, this won't last long so Loki will be back to the moral grey zone I like him in.

Btw, that unicorn is Loki because of course he would magic into a goddamn unicorn as a "good" person.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    WTF.

The Loki I like would never turn into a unicorn or if he did, it would be to stab someone with that horn. :P

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    AXIS does not appeal to me, i think Marvel's latest crossovers have been lackluster to say the least, checked "Original Sins" out of curiosity and it ended up being illogical and arbitrary, i guess AXIS is similar...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The only thing I liked out of Original Sin was the Tenth Realm supplement.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The only thing I liked out of Original Sin was the Tenth Realm supplement.
    Didn't read that one, it's the one were Angela is revealed as Thor's sister, right?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    That would be the one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    If you recommend it, i'll check it...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Basically, it reads like a mashup of Loki: Agent of Asgard and Thor: God of Thunder. A fun read!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Anyone else pick up Bitch Planet today?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Going to in a little while (in Mexico the new comics arrive almost always on thursday...)

I'm also looking forward for "Nameless" by Chris Burnham and Grant Morrison, apparently there will be 6 issues, checked if it was coming out but apparently it's coming next year.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So I've been going through this:

I don't read anywhere near as many comics as I wish I did, and am currently making my way through Morrison's Batman run as well, and while I definitely think I've not seen half the great things comics have to offer, Morrison is by far my favorite writer in the medium. The Invisibles is one of the craziest, most creatively out there things I've touched. Reading it in an omnibus is a bit of a bitch, but it's awesome to have everything collected in one place and not feel like I'm missing out or getting things in the wrong order (trying to find reading lists for his Batman run that aren't all over the place and telling me "Read ___ #_-_ and then jump back to ___" is driving me insane).

It's a mess of a series but I love that about it so far, and I'm maybe over halfway now. The thing that attracts me so much to a lot of Grant's stuff is how goddamned ambitious the guy is in pretty much everything he gets involved in, and this is one of the best examples of that.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Anybody been checking out Marvel's Star Wars comics?

Love how Darth Vader is tied in to the main series.

There are some things that happen I'm not overly crazy about but otherwise they haven't been too bad and I'm certainly interested in where else they're going with it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I picked up Darth Vader last week but I haven't read it yet. Has anyone else been reading Angela: Asgard's Assassin because holy cow!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm buying Star Wars, so far i have read the first issue, i liked it but i hate the fact that i'll have to buy all the "spinoffs" to get the whole story...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm buying Star Wars, so far i have read the first issue, i liked it but i hate the fact that i'll have to buy all the "spinoffs" to get the whole story...
    Dark Horse did some massive Star Wars crossover series that pulled the same type of marketing shit, think it was called Legacy. I stopped caring as soon as I realized how many books I'd need to be buying.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Dark Horse did some massive Star Wars crossover series that pulled the same type of marketing shit, think it was called Legacy. I stopped caring as soon as I realized how many books I'd need to be buying.
    Yeah, i follow way too much series, as much as i would like to get it all it's impossible to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm not sure what you are talking about.

There are only two ongoing books right now with Star Wars at Marvel. 'Star Wars', which is a stand alone book, and 'Darth Vader', which is also a stand alone book. One is from a Rebel perspective, one is from the Imperial perspective. Sure there will be some crossover in terms of timelines as the both take place between ANH and ESB, but none is required reading to follow the others story. It's not like there will be a 6 part mini that will span both books as Marvel is prone to do with a lot of their other titles. I mean maybe they do that down the road, but it is not in the cards as of yet. The only other things announced are a Leia mini, and a Kanan the last Padawan mini.

So I'm really not sure how you are making that conclusion when so far only 3 total issues have been published, and you've read a total of one of them.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantsteed View Post
    I'm not sure what you are talking about.

There are only two ongoing books right now with Star Wars at Marvel. 'Star Wars', which is a stand alone book, and 'Darth Vader', which is also a stand alone book. One is from a Rebel perspective, one is from the Imperial perspective. Sure there will be some crossover in terms of timelines as the both take place between ANH and ESB, but none is required reading to follow the others story. It's not like there will be a 6 part mini that will span both books as Marvel is prone to do with a lot of their other titles. I mean maybe they do that down the road, but it is not in the cards as of yet. The only other things announced are a Leia mini, and a Kanan the last Padawan mini.

So I'm really not sure how you are making that conclusion when so far only 3 total issues have been published, and you've read a total of one of them.
    I'm making that conclusion because of thelastdisciple's post, of course i can follow 1 series and get the story, yet everyone knows how Marvel (and many other companies) do things for that matter, all three books (SW, Vader, Leia miniseries) focus on the same time space, so in order to get the "whole experience" i have to get them all.
    I know nobody is forcing me but i buy a lot of comics as it is i can't afford to get 3 series (assuming i don't buy Kanan, that from my understanding doesn't have to do with the "current" series), that's all, i don't have to read them all to know that Marvel is doing that, i read a bunch of comics websites, i already know they are "standalone series" but they can easily tie together, i've been a long time comic fan and i know that happens eventually, specially in Marvel...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Anybody else will be picking up Fight Club 2 monthly? It looks fun, and David Mack is a big favorite of mine, so it's a good start. The first few pages are available online.
    (There's also a fake board game art to promote the book and it looks fuckin' fun!)
    http://www.slashfilm.com/fight-club-board-game/