Thread: NIN touring in 2019 (?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got round to watching that Q&A in Mexico and really excited to hear they are discussing dates next year from the horses mouth! Please just don’t burn yourselves out and end NIN ‘forever’ again, not that I’ll believe it but it’s just a downer.

although if we’re putting in requests, 3 or 4 nights at Brixton Academy in London would be appreciated
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-24-2018 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just got round to watching that Q&A in Mexico and really excited to hear they are discussing dates next year from the horses mouth! Please just don’t burn yourselves out and end NIN ‘forever’ again, not that I’ll believe it but it’s just a downer.

although if we’re putting in requests, 3 or 4 nights at Brixton Academy in London would be appreciated
    Is there a link for that? Had no idea he mentions dates for next year on video.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Is there a link for that? Had no idea he mentions dates for next year on video.
    I think people are taking the "talking about dates" quote in the wrong perspective. The question was related to whether there will be new HTDA or NIN music next year, and they go off on a tangent answering the question a bit and then go back to it and say "We are currently discussing dates" and I think the word "dates" was misinterpreted by some as dates for live shows, I think what they really mean are dates for when to start recording and/or when new music could/should be released etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I think people are taking the "talking about dates" quote in the wrong perspective. The question was related to whether there will be new HTDA or NIN music next year, and they go off on a tangent answering the question a bit and then go back to it and say "We are currently discussing dates" and I think the word "dates" was misinterpreted by some as dates for live shows, I think what they really mean are dates for when to start recording and/or when new music could/should be released etc.
    No but Trent clearly stated there was more touring for NIN and they weren't done when in San Antonio. So it has to be NIN related.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    No but Trent clearly stated there was more touring for NIN and they weren't done when in San Antonio. So it has to be NIN related.
    Not saying there won't be any more live shows again, I just don't see any in 2019. I'd love to be proven wrong, but at Las Vegas 2 nights ago he said "These are the last shows for a while"

So, he didn't say "last shows ever", but he knows he won't be playing anytime soon. Obviously, plans can change all the time, but I don't see shows in 2019 after that statement. Unfortunate too, because 2019 is a huge milestone year for most of NIN's big records. 30 years for PHM, 25 for TDS and 20 years for The Fragile. Huge missed opportunity if at least 1 of those records doesn't get some sort of a celebration.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not saying there won't be any more live shows again, I just don't see any in 2019. I'd love to be proven wrong, but at Las Vegas 2 nights ago he said "These are the last shows for a while"

So, he didn't say "last shows ever", but he knows he won't be playing anytime soon. Obviously, plans can change all the time, but I don't see shows in 2019 after that statement. Unfortunate too, because 2019 is a huge milestone year for most of NIN's big records. 30 years for PHM, 25 for TDS and 20 years for The Fragile. Huge missed opportunity if at least 1 of those records doesn't get some sort of a celebration.
    Trent in 2017 said his goal was to do a modest amount of shows a year. So if that's the case there would definitely be shows in 2019. And considering the fact that they have a mobile studio on the road and they are already scoring Watchmen and their other projects as we speak, I think they can make it work. From what I've read, Trent sees touring as a sort of catharsis now; so it's no surprise he's finding a way to do both touring and scoring.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    As streetman just said, the term "dates" 100% is in reference to "tour dates" imo. The term "dates" as he said it is almost always used in music for touring. It also makes no sense to me that they would be "discussing dates" at this early juncture between themselves for releases. The way he said "discussing dates" was in terms of the back & forth between him, mgmt & promoters for shows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    As streetman just said, the term "dates" 100% is in reference to "tour dates" imo. The term "dates" as he said it is almost always used in music for touring. It also makes no sense to me that they would be "discussing dates" at this early juncture between themselves for releases. The way he said "discussing dates" was in terms of the back & forth between him, mgmt & promoters for shows.
    To clarify: It was also in direct response to a fan's inquiry about NIN. NIN. Nothing else. The discussion/question was specifically about "NIN's evolution".

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    dude he's OBVIOUSLY talking about dates as in like "date night" for him and the mrs.