Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I prefer the physical release (as do many other people)
    Wow, Bill, earlier in the thread it was not a big enough rollout for you. Not enough material, and a "step down" from their earlier work. Now they're doing a big fuck-off box set, and it's not gonna be in the right format for you (even though you don't know what format the physical release is yet). Must be kinda exhausting pointing out how everything NIN has done since 1997 is totally wrong!
    Last edited by botley; 01-01-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Must be kinda exhausting pointing out how everything NIN has done since 1997 is totally wrong!
    I remember Bill saying in 2013 Trent needs to do some aggressive music instead of the minimal sounds of HM...I also remember Bill saying Trent needs to do a tour playing deep cuts with no stage production and get back to doing aggressive NIN shows instead of the phoned in clock punching greatest hits tour of 2013/2014.....I remember Bill getting chastised and lectured for those statements.....Well Billy boy sits and grins after seeing that everything Trent has done from 2016-2018 is the exact same fucking thing Billy had been clamoring for all along.....Trent should heed my advice more often. Just remember, while you guys in 2013 and 2014 were clamoring for gospel singers and 80 year old Palladino sitting in the corner onstage and begging for pop songs like "Everything" to be played with Robs fancy light show and a nice cuddly safe NIN live show experience, Billy boy sat alone in the corner (with prettybrokenspiral) dreaming of the old NIN. The ripped black shirt wearing Trent onstage playing "Happiness In Slavery" and "Perfect Drug" and tearing shit up like the old days.....Only to see it come to life in 2018....and those same people who ripped Billy boy a new asshole in 2013 for wanting an aggressive back to basics approach for NIN are the same ones on their knees sucking Trent off in 2018 claiming it to be the best tour ever...
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 01-01-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Billy boy sits and grins after seeing that everything Trent has done from 2016-2018 is the exact same fucking thing Billy had been clamoring for all along.....
    And still, somehow, finding endless things to moan about! Incredible!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Wow, Bill, earlier in the thread it was not a big enough rollout for you. Not enough material, and a "step down" from their earlier work. Now they're doing a big fuck-off box set, and it's not gonna be in the right format for you (even though you don't know what format the physical release is yet). Must be kinda exhausting pointing out how everything NIN has done since 1997 is totally wrong!

Lets be honest. Everything post Purest Feeling has been phoned in.

I thought I would enjoy this score. The idea of it was a bit soured by the lackluster movie but I'm very pleasantly surprised by how strong the music is on its own.