Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE Song Debut Predictions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I don't believe we're ever getting Fragile in full. Just too many weird new songs to learn for a one-off kind of performance.
    I think the best we can hope for here is Left CD in full, but not the whole album.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't believe we're ever getting Fragile in full. Just too many weird new songs to learn for a one-off kind of performance.
    I think the best we can hope for here is Left CD in full, but not the whole album.
    yeah but how will they do Pilgrimage ? I hope for a full band marching through the crowd.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    yeah but how will they do Pilgrimage ? I hope for a full band marching through the crowd.
    I feel like such a dork because I've got chills imagining them playing that in New Orleans where Trent got that bar full of drunks to do the chanting vocals and samples on it twenty years ago.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    I feel like such a dork because I've got chills imagining them playing that in New Orleans where Trent got that bar full of drunks to do the chanting vocals and samples on it twenty years ago.
    You are, in fact, a dork. But you're on a forum populated by similarly styled dorks, so it's ok.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You are, in fact, a dork. But you're on a forum populated by similarly styled dorks, so it's ok.
    Hey speak for yourself, i'm a nerd...wait

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    Ex..cuse me? Source?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Ex..cuse me? Source?
    http://www.nin.wiki/Pilgrimage

Although that only says that the Buddha Boys Choir was named after the bar over the street; I have heard it said before that some of the regulars from there formed part of the choir. But perhaps that was legend since it didn't make it to ninwiki.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    http://www.nin.wiki/Pilgrimage

Although that only says that the Buddha Boys Choir was named after the bar over the street; I have heard it said before that some of the regulars from there formed part of the choir. But perhaps that was legend since it didn't make it to ninwiki.

The bar across the street from the old Nothing Studios is called the Buddha Belly. It's still there. I played a gig there once. I've read that Trent would sometimes "audition" potential Nothing artists there with Dave Ogilvie engineering and being in charge of setting up these performances.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Robin does the riff, Trent plays sax, Ilan does some weird drumming. It could sound decent.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 11-22-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't believe, I just hope. I mean, aside from six tracks, they have, at one point or another, played the whole album. Plus, if they do learn the whole thing, they can then randomly pepper in deep cuts from The Fragile into future shows, so it wouldn't have to be a wasted effort. I'd have thought this less possible if not for the CBI setlists and how deep and weird they are.

Also, can anyone else picture a pretty awesome transition from "In Two" to "Underneath It All"?