Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Random Film/TV Questions

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Random Film/TV Questions

Aside from Magnolia, is there another movie in which all the main characters sing the same song? When they're not all in the same shot, I mean.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Aside from Magnolia, is there another movie in which all the main characters sing the same song? When they're not all in the same shot, I mean.
    i don't know but i like the thread.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Battlestar had something kinda similar...

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So, such a thread as this thread DOES exist.

I've a question: is that The Number 23 movie any good?

I'm interested because I recently learned of "the 23 enigma" while going down a rabbit hole with @RocketScience that also included Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth, Genesis P-Orridge, Coil, the Illuminati Card Game, and just an ABSURD number of other things and and people that are linked: some blatantly, some tangentially.

Being a fan of several of these things and people related to this "23 Enigma" business, I've been wondering if I should watch the movie.
    It's got a lot of bad reviews, though.
    Did any of you guys like it?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So, such a thread as this thread DOES exist.

I've a question: is that The Number 23 movie any good?
    I enjoyed it quite a lot when it first came out. I don't know if it would have held up well though. But give it a shot. It's only an hour and a half and you can always turn it off

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)

Random Cinema Questions

Sorry if we already have such a thread; I didn't see one that's been used in the past year.

SO. A thread here was titled in a way that referenced Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, and I thought it was fucking insanely hilarious. It still is, but at that time, I thought it was ORIGINAL, hence my amazed reaction at the reference.

I somehow missed the meme.

So my question is twofold.

One: I turned 42 recently. I fucking LOVED that movie when I was a kid in the eighties. I loved both of them equally. Did any of the rest of you guys watch and enjoy those flicks on the old VHS player, when you were kids?

And, Two: how in the holy hell did a movie that was likely PRETTY fucking obscure by 1990, featuring a pair of pop and lock/b-boy legends become a meme for unnecessary sequels, and sequels in general, in the days of internet 2.0?

Like, I'm pretty fucking sure that the vast majority of the people repeating this meme all over the place never watched those movies, just because the meme is so pervasive, while the movies, well, you know, AREN'T.

I'm sure modern b-boys watch it, and anachronistic hip hop purists, but what about the other 10,999,000 people making the reference?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    I'm sure modern b-boys watch it, and anachronistic hip hop purists, but what about the other 10,999,000 people making the reference?
    I too would like to know how that meme caught on. I guess I just assumed it was the way "something 2: electric boogaloo" rolls off the tounge. It's catchy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    For me it was I Love The 80s

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    For me it was I Love The 80s
    Good god that show was badass. Some of the hosts were low key hilarious, like Mo Rocca, and the dude from Rolling Stone who kind of looked like billy corgan.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Good god that show was badass. Some of the hosts were low key hilarious, like Mo Rocca, and the dude from Rolling Stone who kind of looked like billy corgan.
    I've been a Michael Ian Black fan ever since.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I moved the last few posts into similar existing thread. It wasn't that old.