Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Say who what and where???...
    hahahaha During Garson performing "Greensleeves", there are alternating red and green NIN logos behind and above him. Struck me as a bit festive...

Edit: yup, see above.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Also, did a little math, give or take dropping the lyric every once in a while, Trent said the phrase "the perfect drug" about 640 times.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Obviously the nod to x-mas was to say we're getting a pony </ARG> I'm joking but on the off chance we do I'm going to say I called it

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    As for “TEH LAYYYY-ZORSSS!!!”... not sure how I feel about NIN using it. I fully understand Tool neither invented lasers nor were the first band to use them, but I always associate the use of lasers with Tool shows since they incorporate them so well within their production. No need for the nut job Tool fans to scream “Trent stole Tool’s lighting!!!”. The other thing is SO many bands are using them these days too so it’s not quite as “special” seeing as it was some years ago. If Trent decides to do another high production tour I’m curious to see if he puts them in. Also weird that they were only used in LA. From my understanding there are actual “laser techs” involved with lighting, which would add to the crew.

I figured the lasers were added for the LA homestand b/c HTDA factored so heavily into most nights of the 6 shows. Lasers were a large part of the HTDA stage show when they toured, and were def. used during their songs last week. But then since you have 'em already, the NIN camp clearly thought "hey let's use them other times during the show too".

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    for anyone into technical production details (all 3 of you)...

https://www.livedesignonline.com/con...-infinite-tour
    Thank you for this. As for ME, I certainly don't understand it all, but my brother, who is a career lighting tech, he totally geeked out over it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Cooy of a looked great on this tour, loved what they did with the scrolling shadows. They really did the most with the least IMHO, and the stobes were fantastic.

As for “TEH LAYYYY-ZORSSS!!!”... not sure how I feel about NIN using it. I fully understand Tool neither invented lasers nor were the first band to use them, but I always associate the use of lasers with Tool shows since they incorporate them so well within their production. No need for the nut job Tool fans to scream “Trent stole Tool’s lighting!!!”. The other thing is SO many bands are using them these days too so it’s not quite as “special” seeing as it was some years ago. If Trent decides to do another high production tour I’m curious to see if he puts them in. Also weird that they were only used in LA. From my understanding there are actual “laser techs” involved with lighting, which would add to the crew.
    Not to mention needing a bunch of extra space in the semi-trailer to cart them all around. I think there are sometimes legal restrictions in local venues about laser use. Hmm, or maybe that's not the case with theatres anymore, but it certainly is with outdoor shows (particularly when the festival location is under a flight path!)...

Totally agree about them doing the most with the least! The lighting design was absolutely excellent, particularly given the overwhelming number of different songs in the setlist -- the team really nailed (LOL) each one in terms of precisely cueing different parts in every song, and being sympathetic to the overall vibe of each one.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Dear teitan,

For xmas this year, I would like a nice crystal clear SBD recording in lossless format of the December 11 show (1989-1994 setlist)
    Not that. But i recorded a couple songs pretty close to the stage...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I figured the lasers were added for the LA homestand b/c HTDA factored so heavily into most nights of the 6 shows. Lasers were a large part of the HTDA stage show when they toured, and were def. used during their songs last week. But then since you have 'em already, the NIN camp clearly thought "hey let's use them other times during the show too".
    What songs were those in? Didn’t attend any of the HTDA shows, but watched the vids way back when and don’t recall lasers.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Lots of bands use lasers / strobes / screens, but nobody puts the whole package together quite like NIN. I don't think the lasers would have been as effective in the Tension / LitS era because there was already so much going on, but IMO the lasers added something to the lightshow that's been missing since 2013.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    What songs were those in? Didn’t attend any of the HTDA shows, but watched the vids way back when and don’t recall lasers.
    You don't recall them because there weren't any. They had an LED wall, and projections on the surgical tubing, plus a few conventional moving lights... that's it.
    Last edited by botley; 12-19-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Do you think there will be a Cold and black infinite 2.0 tour?
    with a better production?
    Maybe this is the reason, they didn't play The idea of you, not anymore, she's gone away (All those songs fit perfectly with the idea of the tour and was a little strange those songs weren't on the tour)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You know if we aren’t spoiled and don’t get any live sound board goodies at some point I would be completely fine with a rehearsal set from this tour including some of those unplayed trilogy songs.

phew that would be sweet

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    Do you think there will be a Cold and black infinite 2.0 tour?
    I doubt it. It definitely seems like they've closed this chapter of the band's history and are moving on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bit late with this but I flew over for the last four LA dates. Just getting through the jetlag atm! I've done multiple Europe dates before including six earlier this year and was wondering if this was a step too far in terms of time off work and expense but a few minutes into the first show I knew it was worth it These were the best shows I've ever seen. Really enjoyed the venue it felt much smaller than I'd anticipated. I had a decent spot in the pit for all shows and the crowd were generally really energetic. Obviously lots of ppl on phones at times which can be a bit annoying, but it's nice to see the footage so can't complain too much! I really enjoyed everything: The performances, the setlists, the support acts. Have wanted to see Jesus&Mary Chain for a while and was enjoying them more and more each night.

The first show I went to was particularly amazing with only older songs, and the start was really cool with them just suddenly coming on through the smoke.
    Was tainted only by the fact someone stole my passport from my pocket towards the end of the show. I got it back afterwards from lost&found minus the cash I had in with it, but it did mean I spent the last few songs distracted and stressed out. Didn't really get to enjoy Dead Souls because of this which was a shame as it's one of my favourites! Other highlights from the rest of the shows for me were Just Like You Imagined, The Perfect Drug and was really happy to get The Big Come Down on the last night.

But yeah overall was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Would definitely do it again if they have another run there someday. I did partly go out of paranoia they might stop touring but glad to hear that doesn't seem to be the case. Sad it's all over for now though and I'll miss coming here so often constantly refreshing pages looking for merch info and tour journals! Now need to sort out some frames for my signed photo and Emek film print

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm sure there will be shows in 2019 since this run was so well received and Trent himself said he was really enjoying it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarPJ View Post
    Bit late with this but I flew over for the last four LA dates. Just getting through the jetlag atm! I've done multiple Europe dates before including six earlier this year and was wondering if this was a step too far in terms of time off work and expense but a few minutes into the first show I knew it was worth it These were the best shows I've ever seen. Really enjoyed the venue it felt much smaller than I'd anticipated. I had a decent spot in the pit for all shows and the crowd were generally really energetic. Obviously lots of ppl on phones at times which can be a bit annoying, but it's nice to see the footage so can't complain too much! I really enjoyed everything: The performances, the setlists, the support acts. Have wanted to see Jesus&Mary Chain for a while and was enjoying them more and more each night.

The first show I went to was particularly amazing with only older songs, and the start was really cool with them just suddenly coming on through the smoke.
    Was tainted only by the fact someone stole my passport from my pocket towards the end of the show. I got it back afterwards from lost&found minus the cash I had in with it, but it did mean I spent the last few songs distracted and stressed out. Didn't really get to enjoy Dead Souls because of this which was a shame as it's one of my favourites! Other highlights from the rest of the shows for me were Just Like You Imagined, The Perfect Drug and was really happy to get The Big Come Down on the last night.

But yeah overall was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Would definitely do it again if they have another run there someday. I did partly go out of paranoia they might stop touring but glad to hear that doesn't seem to be the case. Sad it's all over for now though and I'll miss coming here so often constantly refreshing pages looking for merch info and tour journals! Now need to sort out some frames for my signed photo and Emek film print
    I’m so sorry that happened to you and I’m so glad you got your passport back.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The beauty of these barebones shows production wise is they can schedule some festival dates next summer without any hassle of light shows and stage setup....They can just show up and play...I wouldnt be shocked if they did a week or so of shows in Europe just to stay fresh.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Are there NO videos of A Drowning? I haven't seen one surface anywhere, which is really disappointing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I finally listened to the reworked version of "In This Twilight" from 12/14 and, uh...yeah. Glad that was a one-time thing. :-|

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I finally listened to the reworked version of "In This Twilight" from 12/14 and, uh...yeah. Glad that was a one-time thing. :-|
    The IEM version of that night sounds really good for that song. Just need a good recording to matrix it with.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Are there NO videos of A Drowning? I haven't seen one surface anywhere, which is really disappointing.
    Didnt even realize that song was played, had to go back through the setlists and looks like LA night one. Not much a fan of HTDA, but that’s a great song and by far my favorite from them.

Just did a search on YT and found nothing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Did you try Vimeo?!! haha just kidding. Merry Christmas! Hope my inane filming doesn't drive you krazy!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Didnt even realize that song was played, had to go back through the setlists and looks like LA night one. Not much a fan of HTDA, but that’s a great song and by far my favorite from them.

Just did a search on YT and found nothing.
    "The Drowning" is also my favorite, and personally, the only track from the band I enjoy. Not sure why that is, but the song is fantastic.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Did you try Vimeo?!! haha just kidding. Merry Christmas! Hope my inane filming doesn't drive you krazy!

Well merry freakin' christmas to me. Thanks!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Really? No Down In It?

With all the screaming and chaos I thought it would have been played at least once this tour.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Really? No Down In It?

With all the screaming and chaos I thought it would have been played at least once this tour.
    "I looked him right in the eye and waved goodbye."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Really? No Down In It?

During Vegas night 2 after I realised it was an old school night during the encore I keept thinking this is the the time for Down in It, or maybe Hearsy at worst Dead Souls, well it wound up being Dead Souls, I can't complain though cause that show will still go down in history as one of the greatest.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 12-25-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ever since he first time I heard A Drowning, I have been wanting to hear Robin play that outro guitar. Did not disappoint.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    During Vegas night 2 after I realised it was an old school night during the encore I keept thinking this is the the time for Down in It, or maybe Hearsy at worst Dead Souls, well it wound up being Dead Souls, I can't complain through cause that show will still go down in history as one of the greatest.
    Agreeded, I just listened to ScreamingSlaves' tape again today and thats such a great setlist.

Down In It would have been great at LA nite 3 too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    2018 vs 2009 : The differences

2009: The downward spiral
    2018: Broken and Further down the spiral nights

2009: Non Entity, Gone Still, Fragile, Discipline, Echoplex, The way out is through, Head Down, Piggy (Nothing can stop me now), Down in it, Collector, The line begins to blur, Meet your master, the warning, Right where it belongs V2, Lights in the sky , Not so pretty now, Heresy, Big man with a Gun, Ruiner, The downward spiral. + covers (Banged and blown , Cars, Atmosphere, Down in the park, I Die you Die, Anthrax, Get down make love, A Strange kind of love, Kick in the eye, Final solution)

2018:Shit Mirror, Ahead, God break down the door, Lovers, Less than, over and out, This isn't, Burning Bright, Dear world, Branch/Bones, The background world, Copy of A, Find my way, Came Back Haunted, The perfect Drug, Only, Happiness in slavery, Even Deeper, All the love in the world, The great Destroyer, Sanctified, Starfuckers, And all that could have been+ Covers ( Subterraneans, I can´t Give Everything, Greensleves, Digital, +HTDA Covers : Parasite, Ice age, Welcome Oblivion, BBB, A Drowning, On the wing.

All the other songs were played in both tours, I think those tours were really similar, First time ever songs, songs that havent been played a long time, covers.