Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    *pokes head outside of the Smashing Pumpkins thread for the first time in a week*

SON OF A BITCH WHAT IS GOING ON AATCHB JESUS F-

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Subterraneans - anyone know of a quality live recording of this from the recent Chicago show? I didn't see one on NINlive archive.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they debuted the discipline/sunspots mashed up version of Sanctified at the festivals in 2013, it started before the tension tour.
    That's not correct. The Sunspots riff debuted during the middle of the Tension tour. Specifically, the Sunshine, FL date (possibly (there's no recording), or the next one after that).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That's not correct. The Sunspots riff debuted during the middle of the Tension tour. Specifically, the Sunshine, FL date (possibly (there's no recording), or the next one after that).
    ok, fine, but the updated version of sanctified debuted at fuji rocks

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ok, fine, but the updated version of sanctified debuted at fuji rocks
    Ah, yes. I was skimming fast and missed the fact that this was the point.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Is it sad that I have some hope that this tour will end up with some kind of live DVD/blu/digital release despite what happened with Tension/2014?

They are clearly filming.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    They are clearly filming.
    Yeah that guy with the camera onstage gets pretty annoying in every other YT video from this tour, including the shows with no side screens (which is most of the shows, I assume). Of course all would be forgiven if we see his footage afterwards.

That said, I actually wouldn't want the full concert to be presented in the same style as Ahead of Ourselves video. Works for one song, but way too chaotic for an 80 minutes long release.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'd be shocked if they don't do a more traditional filming during the 6 dates in LA.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I'd be shocked if they film it traditionally. Compared to how shit bootleg quality Closure was and how rough AATCHB and even The Gift and BYIT were filmed, my guess is if you see any pro shot official release from this tour, it will be like the motion sickness inducing style of "Ahead Of Ourselves"...Even the lone pro shot on this tour (Mad Cool) was filmed in that style for most of the show....Don't expect a nice slick professionally filmed show.....This is NIN after all
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 11-02-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Got my fingers crossed for a live anthology with proshots from all touring cycles. Or maybe a series of releases, that would be sweet.

Finally get to see thoes Self Destruct/Wave Goodbye proshots and the rest of that Tension stuff.

That will tide me over till the Lateralus live video comes out!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love the on stage videos and from what I could see at the shows I was at, the guy was walking around quite slowly most of the time, no reason why they couldn’t do a full length Blu-ray filmed in the style of the 02 performance of Metal and Cars with Gary Numan that Rob Sheridan filmed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I love the on stage videos and from what I could see at the shows I was at, the guy was walking around quite slowly most of the time, no reason why they couldn’t do a full length Blu-ray filmed in the style of the 02 performance of Metal and Cars with Gary Numan that Rob Sheridan filmed
    Actually, the director of the Ahead of Ourselves video is the same guy who directed the Metal performance from Vegas this year, and the pace of the video has nothing to do with the one of Ahead of Ourselves. I think that a full release on stage would not be as chaotic all the time as that one, just during certain songs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yeah that guy with the camera onstage gets pretty annoying in every other YT video from this tour, including the shows with no side screens (which is most of the shows, I assume). Of course all would be forgiven if we see his footage afterwards.

That said, I actually wouldn't want the full concert to be presented in the same style as Ahead of Ourselves video. Works for one song, but way too chaotic for an 80 minutes long release.
    Not only do I want a whole show filmed that way, I wouldn't mind if it was all one continuous shot. It would really change the feeling of a concert film; no cuts, all from the stage, representing what it feels like from a performer's perspective. Chaos is pretty refreshing in a world of highly polished youtube clips.
    Last edited by zecho; 11-04-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    It has nothing to do with the fall tour, but my source (close to booking agency eu/netherlands) who informed me correct the last couple of years, told me that NIN is planning to do a festival tour in EU next year 2019 (again). I cannot imagine this will happen, but I also cannot imagine he's talking bullshit to me....

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Well, lecken meinen Kugelsack!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why do they hate Australia
    Every single one of my favourite bands has done huge US/EU/Asia/South America tours over the past 3 years, and they've all studiously avoided Australia.
    /whine over

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Every single one of my favourite bands has done huge US/EU/Asia/South America tours over the past 3 years, and they've all studiously avoided Australia.
    /whine over
    I am absolutely gutted, I moved to NZ from UK a few years ago otherwise I could of flown out to some USA shows. It sucks I thought they’d do the festiva circuit over here with a few side shows but it seems less likely now. I was hoping we would get some of those cool sets they did like with the co headline tour with queens

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Them doing some different festivals next summer is no surprise. The money is good, and there are so many to choose from all over Europe, North America & South America these days that it's easy for a band of their size to skip around and not get too repetitious.

I was surprised Trent didn't green light two or three Australian shows this last summer when they did those cool shows in Asia. I guess it makes sense now that we know how busy they've been scoring a billion things. Still would have been a good move for the fans there but it's understandable.

I'd love to see NIN play a show in Africa at some point. Based on economics, concert infrastructure & audience desire, I imagine South Africa is the only realistic option there. An Israeli show would be cool too once that war criminal Netanyahu is out of office and a left leaning gov't (hopefully) takes over. Could see India one day too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    /whine over
    I'm starting to think Trent actually does hate Australia, lol. After seeing him in Chicago and how insanely happy he was, compared to how moody he is in Aus. Maybe he still holds a grudge about how much we charge for CDs, lol.

Was hoping that some Aus shows would be announced when they headed over to Japan but nope. Hopefully "soon"!

Otherwise, might just need to hit up the EU for some of those festival shows.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    It has nothing to do with the fall tour, but my source (close to booking agency eu/netherlands) who informed me correct the last couple of years, told me that NIN is planning to do a festival tour in EU next year 2019 (again). I cannot imagine this will happen, but I also cannot imagine he's talking bullshit to me....
    This was said to be fake when it was posted awhile back, but I’m not so sure....

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This was said to be fake when it was posted awhile back, but I’m not so sure....

Considering Tool is playing the 13th, that would be pretty damn tempting. Nine Inch Nails + Tool + Rammstein = Yes, please!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    I'm starting to think Trent actually does hate Australia, lol. After seeing him in Chicago and how insanely happy he was, compared to how moody he is in Aus
    To be fair, this is not how he has been historically. This is a New Trant.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If they take the spring off I could see another summer/fall tour happening for sure. Trent’s never seemed as enthusiastic about shows as he has this year and that energy’s only gotten stronger as it’s gone on (as opposed to his past cycle of burning out). There’s a lot of areas they haven’t been to this year they could hit up and then all the major markets are guaranteed again (NY, LA, etc.).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post

Holy SHIT I hope that's real. My wife and I were planning on taking our first trip to Europe around that time next summer with the entirety of the trip to be spent in Italy because Costco travel has INSANELY good deals. It's been a bucket list item for me for a long, long time to attend one of these mythical European festivals and if this graphic is true, my testicles are going to burst from joy.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    this one is obviously fake, you can see the color changes where they copypasted yellow background over The Cure (16.06 headliner). plus, in this day and age (and especially in Europe), there just no way NIN are headlining over R+

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Yeah, that picture might be fake, but I'm not giving up hope NIN's headlining June 15 given that witte's source has been right in the past.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Eh, lots of bands have talked about how touring Australia can be prohibitively expensive. They did several runs in venues in 07 there and did the QOTSA tour in 2014. It’s not like Europe where you can hit up dozens of cities once you’re over there.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's pretty close to Asia though, most bands do an Australasian tour if they come out this way. Still expensive to fly out to Japan, may as well make the most of it whilst you're in the area.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    this one is obviously fake, you can see the color changes where they copypasted yellow background over The Cure (16.06 headliner). plus, in this day and age (and especially in Europe), there just no way NIN are headlining over R+
    I’m not sure Rammstein are playing either, they’re just doing Milton Keynes bowl in the UK, not a festival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The thing is that if a band is willing to fly over to Asia to play a concert, it's not much more expensive to get to Australia (and the audiences are often bigger.) Massive Attack did a tour last year where they played in Hong Kong ​of all places but didn't take the flight south to Australia.