Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    and then listening to Hunky Dory + Low + Scary Monsters + 1. Outside + Earthlings + Blackstar.

Covers pretty much what Trent was inspired by and what he inspired, somehow, maybe. Maybe adding Station to Station, Heroes and Lodger in the same vein.
    Yup! Albums and orders I’d suggest as well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This set almost looks like something a fan would've made up as a hoax. Unbelievable.

And there's still a bunch of shows left.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    As things are unfolding, i would bet (with high chances of winning) for Mantra with josh and dave on any of the LA shows...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I love the pairing of "The Great Destroyer" going immediately into "Burning Bright (Field on Fire)"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally found a place to put up my photos for the King's Theatre shows.

Some may be blurry but that's because I literally just uploaded every shot I took and didn't bother to proof read. Only reason for that, I used to upload photos to Facebook in a gallery but since I don't use Facebook anymore (and Flickr got weird) not sure where i should put up my photos. Figure I'd just share it for fun.

Also another reason for the delay, imgur was giving me issues.

Also some videos.

Night 1 Photos (10.16.18)

Night 1 Videos (10.16.18)

Night 2 Photos (10.17.18)

Night 2 Videos (10.17.18)
    Last edited by idioteque...; 10-28-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Wow! What a way to close out the first half of this tour. I never imagined "Subterraneans" would show up in the set, but it seems like TR is enjoying the live saxophone - so who knows what will happen.

Hopefully, some cool news will pop-up during the 3-week break or at least another live clip from Brook Linder.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Holy shit, I wasn't expecting Subterraneans. Now I wonder if we'll get Scary Monsters?
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 10-28-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Scary Monsters would be GREAT. Other Bowie songs I would love to hear NIN cover:

Blackstar.
    Hearts filthy lesson
    Hello Spaceboy
    Diamond Dogs! It has sax towards the end, it’s post-apocalyptic and would be a great lead into God break down the door.
    We are the dead - also off diamond dogs and NIN could make this even better than the already great original.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ I think "Scary Monsters" is a strong possibility since it's another track they've played live in 1995 along with Bowie (when Robin just KILLED IT with the Robert Fripp lead part). Would be nice to hear it performed along with someone else who could sing the DB vox complete with Mockney accent — maybe the dude from Jesus and Mary Chain will want to give it a go?
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Wow! What a way to close out the first half of this tour. I never imagined "Subterraneans" would show up in the set, but it seems like TR is enjoying the live saxophone - so who knows what will happen.

Hopefully, some cool news will pop-up during the 3-week break or at least another live clip from Brook Linder.
    Yes! The live clips are so geat — others for "Over and Out", "God Break Down", and "Shit Mirror" would be awesome.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I only saw two shows from this tour, but I can't believe how many awesome songs I got to see that I'd never seen before – including MANY of my favorite NIN songs! Now I'm Nothing, Last, The Becoming, Happiness in Slavery, The Lovers, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves, Burn (in its proper form), And All That Could Have Been, and The Perfect Drug! I still can't believe I saw all of those! WELL worth the cost of traveling to Chicago, getting a hotel, etc.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Scary Monsters would be GREAT. Other Bowie songs I would love to hear NIN cover:

Blackstar
    Heart's Filthy Lesson
    YES! I'd also add I'm Deranged and Lazarus to the list of songs that would sound great being covered by NIN.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

Blackstar.
    Hearts filthy lesson
    Hello Spaceboy
    Diamond Dogs! It has sax towards the end, it’s post-apocalyptic and would be a great lead into God break down the door.
    We are the dead - also off diamond dogs and NIN could make this even better than the already great original.
    I think Fashion would be a good one. It might not seem like it would work but I can see it working in my head.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Just enough time to shoot that music video. Ah.. if only

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There have been 51 shows on this tour since 2017 with 17 more scheduled. They have played 69 different songs on the tour so far! Here are all 69 songs and the number of times played.

47 Head Like A Hole
    47 Hurt
    45 Wish
    40 March Of The Pigs
    38 Less Than
    35 The Hand That Feeds
    35 The Lovers
    33 Gave Up
    32 God Break Down The Door
    31 Copy Of A
    31 Reptile
    31 Shit Mirror
    30 Ahead Of Ourselves
    30 Closer
    25 I'm Afraid Of Americans
    25 Piggy
    24 The Day The World Went Away
    24 The Frail
    24 The Great Destroyer
    21 Branches/Bones
    21 Survivalism
    20 Burning Bright (Field On Fire)
    18 The Wretched
    15 Somewhat Damaged
    14 Burn
    12 Even Deeper
    11 Letting You
    11 The Perfect Drug
    10 I Can't Give Everything Away
    10 Me, I'm Not
    10 Only
    10 Over And Out
    10 Sanctified
    10 The Background World
    9 Happiness In Slavery
    9 Help Me I Am In Hell
    9 MrSelf Destruct
    9 This Isn't The Place
    8 Something I Can Never Have
    7 1,000,000
    7 All The Love In The World
    7 Find My Way
    7 Terrible Lie
    6 Digital
    6 Last
    6 Metal (twice with Gary Numan)
    6 Pinion (four times with Eater of Dreams)
    6 The Beginning Of The End
    6 The Big Come Down
    5 Parasite
    5 The Good Soldier
    4 I Do Not Want This
    4 Suck
    4 The Becoming
    3 Came Back Haunted
    3 Dear World,
    3 Eraser
    3 Home
    3 Now I'm Nothing
    3 Physical
    2 La Mer
    2 Sin
    2 Starfuckers, Inc.
    1 A Warm Place
    1 And All That Could Have Been
    1 Dead Souls
    1 She's Gone Away
    1 Subterraneans
    1 The Loop Closes

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I’m gonna admit (shamefully) - aside from a handful of songs, I still have never given Bowie a proper listen on any records or anything. My appreciation has been mostly tangential to NIN. I’m significantly more familiar with his work in film than his music. Last night, before the Bowie songs, Trent said something along the lines of “we live in a world where a bunch of terrible shit happens, every single day, and it seems like it can’t get any better. And the best advice I can give for that is...to listen to David Bowie, everyday.” The crowd went nuts, before we were gifted with one Bowie cover I was worried we wouldn’t get, and one that I in no way expected. That was my first time really hearing “Subterraneans,” ever, and I was blown away. I spent the drive back to the hotel letting YouTube shuffle between those two songs and anything else it would play of his.

Today, on the drive back home, I’m giving myself the longest crash course on Bowie that I can. If the goal is to spread his message and his light to as many people as possible, Trent is absolutely succeeding. Why did I take SO along?
    I was in the same boat once upon a time. I liked his classic songs well enough for a greatest hits album but I wasn't a big fan. Then I saw him on tour with NIN and that's when I became a fan. If you're coming to him as a NIN fan, try "1. Outside." It's a mostly overlooked album but Bowie was very inspired by the NIN sound when he made it. In fact, I believe I saw a quote from him specifically saying that Hallo Spaceboy was written to sound like a NIN song. The thing with Bowie is that he went through so many different styles that you can listen to one album and it isn't your thing but another one you'll love.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I've never seen another performer before or after Bowie who could casually strut on the stage with his hands in his pockets and just own the place without even trying. His charisma was unreal and if he was even half as charismatic in real life as on stage, I understand why people (including trent) loved him so much.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    by album...

Pretty Hate Machine
    47 Head Like A Hole
    7 Terrible Lie
    10 Sanctified
    8 Something I Can Never Have
    2 Sin

3 Now I'm Nothing

Broken
    6 Pinion
    45 Wish
    6 Last
    9 Help Me I Am In Hell
    9 Happiness In Slavery
    33 Gave Up
    3 Physical
    4 Suck

The Downward Spiral
    9 Mr. Self Destruct
    25 Piggy
    40 March Of The Pigs
    30 Closer
    4 The Becoming
    4 I Do Not Want This
    1 A Warm Place
    3 Eraser
    31 Reptile
    47 Hurt

14 Burn
    11 The Perfect Drug

The Fragile
    15 Somewhat Damaged
    24 The Day The World Went Away
    24 The Frail
    18 The Wretched
    12 Even Deeper
    2 La Mer
    2 Starfuckers, Inc.
    6 The Big Come Down

Still
    1 And All That Could Have Been

With Teeth
    7 All The Love In The World
    35 The Hand That Feeds
    10 Only

3 Home

Year Zero

6 The Beginning Of The End
    21 Survivalism
    5 The Good Soldier
    10 Me, I'm Not
    24 The Great Destroyer

The Slip
    7 1,000,000
    11 Letting You

Hesitation Marks
    4 Pinion / Eater of Dreams
    31 Copy Of A
    3 Came Back Haunted
    7 Find My Way

Not the Actual Events
    21 Branches/Bones
    3 Dear World,
    1 She's Gone Away
    20 Burning Bright (Field On Fire)

Add Violence
    38 Less Than
    35 The Lovers
    9 This Isn't The Place
    10 The Background World

Bad Witch
    31 Shit Mirror
    30 Ahead Of Ourselves
    32 God Break Down The Door
    10 Over And Out

David Bowie Covers
    25 I'm Afraid Of Americans
    10 I Can't Give Everything Away
    1 Subterraneans

Joy Division Covers
    6 Digital
    1 Dead Souls

Gary Numan Covers
    6 Metal (twice with Gary)

How to Destroy Angels Covers
    5 Parasite
    1 The Loop Closes

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It still boggles my mind that the only songs from NTAE and AV not played are the heavy ones that would translate great live. On the other hand I love Dear World, but the live version isn't all that exciting really.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladcarrot View Post
    They have played 69 different songs on the tour so far!
    Nice.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It still boggles my mind that the only songs from NTAE and AV not played are the heavy ones that would translate great live. On the other hand I love Dear World, but the live version isn't all that exciting really.
    Maybe he's keeping some newer era jams in the holster to be whipped out on future tours? Letting them grow into even bigger deals for us maniacs, so when they're finally played, we all get excited again? Maybe there's a line between Fragile & With Teeth in his mind in terms of NIN eras. And he's keeping the ones we talk about often here that are newer (Demon Seed, Sunspots, The Idea of You, She's Gone Away, Everything, Not Anymore, BYIT-RWIB, In This Twilight) for a few more years?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I already posted this in the Chicago 10/26 thread, but thought more people might be interested in seeing it (even though there are several videos on YouTube already). Anyway, here's my recording of AATCHB:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Yay! Finally! :-)

Hopefully Deep will show up next or She's Gone Away.
    Yes, please!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Here you go guys.

David Bowie for NIN fans: https://open.spotify.com/user/tricil...T2qyv0MG0-v2VA
    Get you some of this @ImTheWiseJanitor

But i would START with 1.Outside

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Are drums usually played during The Day The World Went Away? A video of the Fragile era show that I attended and other live recordings have them, but in Boston for the current tour the drums weren't played at all during the song. Which way is typical?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Are drums usually played during The Day The World Went Away? A video of the Fragile era show that I attended and other live recordings have them, but in Boston for the current tour the drums weren't played at all during the song. Which way is typical?

In a concert in las vegas this year, Ilan play drums in the middle of the song, but Trent plays the songs in different ways maybe he changed for this part of the tour, in 2013 in festivales they played sanctified pretty hate machine version and in the tension tour he played with Sunspots outro, he has changed other songs , 1,000,000, closer, only

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    it seems like on this tour, they're playing the album version of the day the world went away, which is actually my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    In a concert in las vegas this year, Ilan play drums in the middle of the song, but Trent plays the songs in different ways maybe he changed for this part of the tour, in 2013 in festivales they played sanctified pretty hate machine version and in the tension tour he played with Sunspots outro, he has changed other songs , 1,000,000, closer, only
    they debuted the discipline/sunspots mashed up version of Sanctified at the festivals in 2013, it started before the tension tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The day the world went away (live, with drums) was it's own thing when it debuted in the Fragility era and it remained that way until 2014, when they switched it to the album version. So, if "typical"means what has been played more/for longer, it's the drumming outro version.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but it's the first time I've ever notice this.

After getting Subterraneans live in Chicago and going back to listen to the 1995 Outside/Dissonance recordings, I am now highly convinced that The Frail's inspiration comes solely from that song back when they played it live then, about 4 years before The Fragile... You can easily hear throughout the whole song the same deep piano melody that's in The Frail.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I love the album version of the TDTWWA, but not having the nah nah nahhhhhhs in the end on this tour bites.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeegrizzle View Post
    Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but it's the first time I've ever notice this.

After getting Subterraneans live in Chicago and going back to listen to the 1995 Outside/Dissonance recordings, I am now highly convinced that The Frail's inspiration comes solely from that song back when they played it live then, about 4 years before The Fragile... You can easily hear throughout the whole song the same deep piano melody that's in The Frail.

Subconsciously perhaps, but the top melody in "The Frail" was directly inspired by a Keith Hillebrandt remix of "The Fragile" that deconstructed the guitar solo into a sombre piano break.