Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I hate all of you right now

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Meh. “Where is everybody?” or GTFO.

Seriously, this is a wild tour and I’m glad the guys are having fun mixing it up.

I’m surprised one of the streaming services doesn’t offer to pony up the cash to broadcast the Palladium run of shows as a “virtual residency” special. Sigh. A boy can dream.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Oh man! I can't wait to see all the Google alerts once word gets out about AATCHB!

It looks like if anybody wants to catch one of these songs they missed, LA is where it's going to happen for sure. But now you have to attend all 6 nights! :-D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Oh man! I can't wait to see all the Google alerts once word gets out about AATCHB!

It looks like if anybody wants to catch one of these songs they missed, LA is where it's going to happen for sure. But now you have to attend all 6 nights! :-D
    I might fucking do it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

honestly don’t even know how a person can grab a ticket aroundface there now.

LA is definitely getting “We’re in this Together” and some With Teeth returns from 2005. High chance Zero Sum is played and In this twilight returns.

I wonder if Las Vegas is worth a trip too

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    I might fucking do it...
    I, also, might fucking do it now. I was on the fence before, but now...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    I might fucking do it...
    Dooo eeeeeetttt!!!

I am hoping some tickets show up on TM/LN close to the show like it has for others with GA.

Seated has shown tickets (e.g. NOLA) but then you are in a seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know that this isn't gonna be the final set of live shows, but all these insane live debuts and returns (with absolutely stellar performances) is making me somewhat... teary-eyed?

It's like Trent's looking back on his career thus far, and he's finally satisfied with his legacy. "Damn, we've had one hell of a career."

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Oh goddammit, I only had a ticket for tomorrow. Will lightning strike twice or did I really miss my favorite NIN song (AATCHB) being played live?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    on it...
    http://www.post-punk.com/nine-inch-n...ive-in-chicago

wow, all the feelings about this. satisfaction and seething jealousy are heading up the pack at the moment.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well obviously it's hard not to feel a pang of jealousy at missing out on a truly special track like this. But I've been a lucky NIN fan - on this tour alone I was fortunate enough to see all four New York area shows and they were all amazing, unique experiences - and more than anything I feel pumped and excited for the people who had And All That Could Have Been foisted on them unexpectedly. What a premiere to witness live!

Really, I'm more bitter about the fact that spoiled Los Angeles will get it on one of their six setlists. Fucking LA.

Hopefully that word of mouth about dates being scheduled at Terminal 5 is accurate...

And All That Could Have Been. God damn. This tour is a blessing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Here's a series of texts that I have sent over the last hour, I'm pretty sure a lot of you will be able to relate.

"ssssssiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! Do you know if they did the synth version or bass version?" "AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN" "ahhhhhhh" "OMGGGGGGG" "AHHHHHH SIN AHHHHH AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN OMGGGGGGG" "hmiaih to his to aatchb are you fucking kidding me ahhh" "That setlist is KILLER"
    <watches the video of AATCHB>
    "I am fucking crying, I am in my car a fucking mess" "I AM IN MY CAR CRYING I AM NOT OK RIGHT NOW" "I cried half of my drive home. I just got home and started crying again. I am an emotional wreck"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Greatest use of a motherfucking disco ball ever

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Trent, your impossible-to-please fans are finally satisfied.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Well obviously it's hard not to feel a pang of jealousy at missing out on a truly special track like this. But I've been a lucky NIN fan - on this tour alone I was fortunate enough to see all four New York area shows and they were all amazing, unique experiences - and more than anything I feel pumped and excited for the people who had And All That Could Have Been foisted on them unexpectedly. What a premiere to witness live!

Really, I'm more bitter about the fact that spoiled Los Angeles will get it on one of their six setlists. Fucking LA.

Hopefully that word of mouth about dates being scheduled at Terminal 5 is accurate...

And All That Could Have Been. God damn. This tour is a blessing.
    can you back up a minute, where did you hear about this terminal 5 show?

details details details, I need to know if its legit like Kings.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Trent, your impossible-to-please fans are finally satisfied.
    Well apart from that YouTube lady who was upset she didn’t get Closer!

Damn I’m in a caravan on holiday unable to watch the And All That Coukd Have Been video

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post
    can you back up a minute, where did you hear about this terminal 5 show?

details details details, I need to know if its legit like Kings.
    I'm referring to the information that was related here:

Quote Originally Posted by Daveveal View Post
    So to everyone discussing Trent’s hints last night about “we should do this more often”. And “you might see us soon” comments I have some possibly interesting info. Was outside talking w that awesome security guard w the merkin top hair cut. And he says to me,” hey man. I think they are gonna do more shows here in NYC.” “Really,” says I, “why is that?” “I just let in a bunch of managers and scouts from Terminal 5. They had me take them back stage and were checking out the bamd and their rigging etc. they’d only do that if they are thinking of booking the band.” Me: “you don’t think they just came to see the show and used their Terminal 5 name to get backstage?” He: “nah, man. I know. They was checking them out cause they are thinking of booking.” I come back in and then TR is dropping all kinda sly hints. And he had that shit eating grin on his face as he’d say them. Only time will tell. But if some T5 shows drop I wanna say I told ya so!
    It's far from a certainty but after the last Chicago show there isn't another event until November 18th in Mexico - that's a pretty big gap in dates and Terminal 5 definitely has open days with nothing scheduled between now and then (including on Halloween...). Or those dates could come after the LA ones.

Either way I'm going to cling to this hypothetical like the nutcase I am.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    I'm referring to the information that was related here:

It's far from a certainty but after the last Chicago show there isn't another event until November 18th in Mexico - that's a pretty big gap in dates and Terminal 5 definitely has open days with nothing scheduled between now and then (including on Halloween...). Or those dates could come after the LA ones.

Either way I'm going to cling to this hypothetical like the nutcase I am.
    ah could be a possibility.

I honestly doubt that NYC would happen in that gap. Maybe a city he skipped? Got to keep in mind of all the visa issues that arise from a different country, got to keep a break for that. Also he must be super burnt out, so I rather he take a break as well as the others. This might be the best live line up.

I am not sure how to take a security guard’s comments but they do have drifting teams through out NYC, so maybe they asked him to keep his availability open or what not.

I rather the T5 shows be in 2019 so I can save up. Though I have ptsd about T5 with the tickets selling immediately and the site crashing. Plus it being a human sweatbox.

I was thinking Trent would do Brooklyn Steel instead, I feel thats a bigger venue with a better viewline?

It would be cool to see them come back and maybe do 2 hr sets again.

I seriously think Trent is changing the game, taking a succesful live act to small venues is a risky and unique move. Most big bands settle for big venues because they’ll sell out anyway and thats how a majority of people can get tickets (sometimes not enough cough Radiohead cough)

But Trent is right about sound, those big venues aren’t the best place for sound.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna lie, y'all...i almost cried like a little bitch when i realized it was really was AATCHB that was being played.

I kept it together tho lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Here's a series of texts that I have sent over the last hour, I'm pretty sure a lot of you will be able to relate.

"ssssssiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! Do you know if they did the synth version or bass version?" "AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN" "ahhhhhhh" "OMGGGGGGG" "AHHHHHH SIN AHHHHH AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN OMGGGGGGG" "hmiaih to his to aatchb are you fucking kidding me ahhh" "That setlist is KILLER"
    <watches the video of AATCHB>
    "I am fucking crying, I am in my car a fucking mess" "I AM IN MY CAR CRYING I AM NOT OK RIGHT NOW" "I cried half of my drive home. I just got home and started crying again. I am an emotional wreck"
    Uh, very relatable

Emotionally wrecked in the best way ever right meow
    Last edited by demo; 10-27-2018 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Relearning English after this show

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    And now Setlist.fm is saying that La Mer was played as the 3rd song and then.... The Wretched?! Huh.
    It was The Frail
    100% sure.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I can't wait for tomorrow. I was pissed off that I missed The Perfect Drug, All The Love In The World and Starfuckers but tonight made up for all that and more.
    We really need a blu-ray document of this tour. This time, if that doesn't happen, I'm going to raid the vault.
    I too am pissed that I missed The Perfect Drug (and all the Bad Witch songs) on Thursday. BUT it's hard to be upset when I did get to see Burn, The Becoming, Help Me I Am in Hell/Happiness in Slavery, and the live debut of AATCHB! I just pray they play TPD again on Saturday...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I too am pissed that I missed The Perfect Drug (and all the Bad Witch songs) on Thursday. BUT it's hard to be upset when I did get to see Burn, The Becoming, Help Me I Am in Hell/Happiness in Slavery, and the live debut of AATCHB! I just pray they play TPD again on Saturday...
    Me too. Although I think there's a good chance we'll get TPD tomorrow. Only thing I'm going to miss is Over And Out/All The Love In The World, but I think I can live with it.
    If they do play TPD tomorrow, I don't think I'll ever want to go see a live show again because it'd be impossible to top this one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So was Sin the proper synth version or synth replaced by bass guitar version?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    So was Sin the proper synth version or synth replaced by bass guitar version?
    Synth version:

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    It’s ok to cry. You’re not fucking robots.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Synth version:

MOTHERFUCK YES!!!! Ahh I fucking love Sin and have always preferred it to the bass guitar version and have always wanted to see it live. Now I have hope.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    It’s ok to cry. You’re not fucking robots.
    I was there and everybody in my section of rail cried and I sobbed like a child and it was incredible, I had a feeling Chicago would be a special stop but this is unreal. I’m never seeing a setlist this good again and the crowd around me couldn’t have been better. I can’t fall sleep because of how alive it made me feel

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    My 0.02$ on AATCHB
    1) Tempo was much faster than the album version? 2) It desperately needed someone's additional vocals for that final Everything! scream (unless it got lost in the cell phone recording). 3) I fucking loved it anyway. Goosebumps when the disco ball part started.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    My 0.02$ on AATCHB
    1) Tempo was much faster than the album version? 2) It desperately needed someone's additional vocals for that final Everything! scream (unless it got lost in the cell phone recording). 3) I fucking loved it anyway. Goosebumps when the disco ball part started.
    The best part of the disco ball tonight was that it's one of those things that I've seen in venues so many times, but often goes underutilized unless it's part of the production setup, so normally I don't think twice when I see one. I wasn't expecting it to be "used" at all. Then in a flash, the entire theater was flooded in beams and specks of light during the debut of one of my all time favorite songs. So mesmerizing. 100000000 brownie points to whoever that made the call to use that.

If this tour has been about ANYTHING, it's been about subverting expectations.