Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I could very easily see a NIN/Run the Jewels co-headline arena tour in the next few years if they continue to get bigger and bigger as it seems like they might. Considering the relationship Trent & El-P have, it makes sense on alot of levels.

My dream co-headline was NIN/M83, but after M83's last album sucked majorly, they did not progress in venue capacity like I thought they might.
    I had no clue how much I wanted an RTJ/NIN tour until now. That's exactly the market I think NIN would be best served tapping into. "Music smart people fuck to"

And to tip this from "realistic thing I hope will happen" to full-on fanboy speculation, imagine if El-P joined NIN during the main set for a "Flyentology" cover kinda like those Saul Williams covers back in the day.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Never listened to RTJ until you guys mentioned them. Hopped it On Apple Music just now and I can see what you are talking about and I wonder how I missed them. Looking forward to digging into their catalog.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Did you all see this selfie by Killer Mike of Run the Jewels last year?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BahceHwj...=1fu30l1qrof86

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Okay, this HAS to happen. It would be awesome. It would open up both fan bases to new worlds. I love it. Listening to Kil Your Masters right now. These guys are deep.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ahead of Ourselves pro shot. New date in Mexico city on 11/19.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    This sounds like a fun show (but I'm guessing Ilan's gonna sleep hard afters).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm SO going to that one!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Anyone else find it weird that the 2 Las Vegas dates didn't make it to the e-mail announcement?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    It’s a real shame that She’s Gone Away got abandoned after that one performance last year. Especially with all the response it got on Twin Peaks I expected that to become a regular NTAE track live and I think it’d segue wonderfully into or out of Reptile.
    ::ahem:: shameless self promotion ::ahem::

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post

This video uses footage from different shows. Do you think a live release a la AATCHB (patchwork) but using the onstage camera work might be on the works?

...and then it will never be released, of course.
    Last edited by mauro995; 10-22-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    ^I'm pretty sure the footage is from one show (especially given the familiar faces on the rail) but I could be mistaken. What makes you think it's from different shows?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    ^I'm pretty sure the footage is from one show (especially given the familiar faces on the rail) but I could be mistaken. What makes you think it's from different shows?
    At the second 24 you can see the Mad Cool festival ferris wheel and right after, at the second 30, you can see that the footage comes from a theatre of the US leg. Also around 2:05 the footage seems to come from some festival stage in a tent.
    The editing work in this video is amazing.
    Last edited by mauro995; 10-22-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    At the second 24 you can see the Mad Cool festival ferris wheel and right after, at the second 30, you can see that the footage comes from a theatre of the US leg. Also around 2:05 the footage seems to come from some festival stage in a tent.
    The editing work in this video is amazing.
    I was wondering what show it was from, but i just compared it to the Mad Cool Fest, and that is quite impressive how they did that. Hopefully more songs will come out like that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Lol the setlist was never updated for 2 hour....i kept joking about it in the NIN fan discord

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    This is the dumbest complaint but I’ve felt this since last year which is there is nowhere near enough green lighting during Reptile in their current stageshow. I don’t get why they’ve decided to tone it down, they’re doing the heaviest-feeling version I’ve ever seen and that sickly atmosphere that huge green glow gives the song would make it even better.
    I can confirm there was mega amount of green tonight in Detroit. Maybe Trent read your comment lmao.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I can confirm there was mega amount of green tonight in Detroit. Maybe Trent read your comment lmao.
    Well as long as I’m influencing things then I’ll just say I hope they bring Dead Souls back in Chicago. Playing it only once this tour is not enough.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Anyone else think Trent, Atticus and the rest of the band are having a blast on this tour? There's a different aura about them this time around, and hopefully they finish it with them wanting to do more in the future rather then burning out like with all the previous tours.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Lots of good banter from TR last night:

To someone near front (probably not exact quote) - “Devo shirt, fuck yeah. One of my favorites”

Someone distracted him and ended up giving TR a blown up fragile era photo of TR.
    Edit:

After playing TPD - A speech about people asking him why they never played the perfect drug. He mentioned being in a dark place when he recorded it but now it’s kinda fun to play (or something like that) and plus he now has a band that can play it.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 10-23-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post

The way this is filmed reminds me of a horror movie. Dude even runs the fuck away at the end, as if the song is trying to murder him.

Also, that's some of the blackest black and white I've ever seen.

I'd kill for an entire setlist filmed and edited like this. (Yes I've seen Mad Cool, but a livestream isn't the same as a full, officially edited project.)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GavinCollins420; 10-23-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    The way this is filmed reminds me of a horror movie. Dude even runs the fuck away at the end, as if the song is trying to murder him.

I'd kill for an entire setlist filmed and edited like this. (Yes I've seen Mad Cool, but a livestream isn't the same as a full, officially edited projected.)
    The ending is so fitting. That song isn’t a friendly one, and SHOULD conjure a measure of primal fear, as any (knuckle-dragging) animal would feel when it realizes it’s in danger.

The lighting may look minimal, but if the goal is to have the perfect amount of lighting in any given frame for the video to look like THIS, then the “scaling back” is totally worth it. The brief moments of near-total blackness between the flashes are really effective, too, reminiscent of running panicked through dimly-lit woods or a cave. Very basic, but effective. Not to mention the moments of all black/all white probably open up a million places where they could edit in transitions to different footage from another show if they wanted to. Hope they keep ‘em coming!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I'd kill for an entire setlist filmed and edited like this. (Yes I've seen Mad Cool, but a livestream isn't the same as a full, officially edited project.)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    i agree to an extent but I don’t think i could watch an entire show filmed so frantically, I’d have to watch it in short bursts!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Something went terribly wrong with the online sale for the Plaza Condesa.
    All tickets got bought in a second by StubHub? What am I missing here?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    ^That's fucked up. Everyone should wait until the week of the show when they've come down to face value price (or below) like many of the US dates did (Chicago tickets have been going for less than face on StubHub) so they get fucked over and lose money.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Everyone should wait until the week of the show when they've come down to face value price (or below) like many of the US dates did (Chicago tickets have been going for less than face on StubHub) so they get fucked over and lose money.
    That may not happen for this show, as El Plaza Condesa is one of the smallest venues (1900 capacity) they are playing this tour, plus this being the only date in Mexico (outside the festival) means that demand may be high and supply low.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That may not happen for this show, as El Plaza Condesa is one of the smallest venues (1900 capacity) they are playing this tour, plus this being the only date in Mexico (outside the festival) means that demand may be high and supply low.
    Yeah, hence the astronomically high prices in the screenshot above. Since I didn't plan on going to Mexico for a show, I was totally ignorant of the size of the venue and I wasn't even aware that there's only one show there. So yeah, that sucks for those who do/did plan on attending this show.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    But you could pay a salary with those prices!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    But you could pay a salary with those prices!
    They look a bit more typical if you convert pesos to US dollars - about $175 at the low end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wanted so badly to attend to this show
    Fucking scalpers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In every concert the day before the concert ticketmaster magically release tickets, so, for the people who couldn't buy tickets today, maybe you should wait a little more, I also believe they will anounce another date for friday or tuesday