Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Got just back home......Well it was a great show but I am trying not to be a negative nancy. I had super high hopes after seeing the other previous shows setlists. I was at the first show in Vegas over the summer and when this show started with Metal AND Me I'm Not my heart sank as I though it was gonna be a repeat show. I was hopping for Last, HIS, Dead Souls, or The Perfect Drug or maybe busting out Hersey. The only songs that where new to me were This isn't the Place, Shit Mirror, Over and Out and Parasite. But hey it MAY just be because this was my 7th time seeing them. Please tell me to shut my mouth and be greatfull for what I did get,lol. Too much smoke and fog I could not see anything the first half of the show.
    Replying to your post in the Memphis show in the general discussion thread ... I completely understand where you're coming from. There has been so much either debuted or truly deep cuts being a part of the set that last night's show almost seems like the weakest one of the fall tour so far. I mean, I would've LOVED to have heard Metal, Americans, all of that Bad Witch material, Burning Bright and TDTWWA as that would've been new to me ... but I totally get why it may have been slightly of a let down for you. I'm driving in from St. Louis for the Nashville show this weekend and I almost instead ended up doing last night's instead. I'm glad you had a good time as seeing NIN live is always fun, but I always need to make sure to keep my expectations in check. It's so hard when you see awesome sets! I wish I had more time off from work to see more shows this year.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 09-25-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Looks like the Louisville festival got cancelled to recent weather.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Looks like the Louisville festival got cancelled to recent weather.
    Yep, and I’m a little sad. I still have 3 other shows for NIN and JAMC, but this weekend won’t be quite as great as I planned. My 2 coworkers aren’t going to any other shows and are far sadder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Since the admins here are psychic and somehow knew that I didn't attend the Memphis show (and thus should not post in the Tour Journal section); just wanted to reiterate the following point here for anybody attending the upcoming shows:

Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Next time, you should alert security to either get [disruptive] cunts like that ejected from the venue, or to get yourself moved to a better seat. That sort of shit is unacceptable, and the more we all stand up against it, the better our collective show experiences will become.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Replying to your post in the Memphis show in the general discussion thread ... I completely understand where you're coming from. There has been so much either debuted or truly deep cuts being a part of the set that last night's show almost seems like the weakest one of the fall tour so far. I mean, I would've LOVED to have heard Metal, Americans, all of that Bad Witch material, Burning Bright and TDTWWA as that would've been new to me ... but I totally get why it may have been slightly of a let down for you. I'm driving in from St. Louis for the Nashville show this weekend and I almost instead ended up doing last night's instead. I'm glad you had a good time as seeing NIN live is always fun, but I always need to make sure to keep my expectations in check. It's so hard when you see awesome sets! I wish I had more time off from work to see more shows this year.
    Weird, was looking at that setlist and thinking “Uhhhhhhh... kind of glad I didn’t make that one a trip”. Not a fan of the Bowie stuff (covers or the newer stuff inspired by him).

Still, a NIN show is a NIN show.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    While this version of the "standard" setlist is still fun and I will still take it... I did chuckle/scratch my head that a fucking festival got Mr. Self Destruct, The Perfect Drug, and Happiness in Slavery, while the next show - which you KNOW is filled with more hardcore fans for a variety of reasons, does not get any treats like that. #Troll

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    While this version of the "standard" setlist is still fun and I will still take it... I did chuckle/scratch my head that a fucking festival got Mr. Self Destruct, The Perfect Drug, and Happiness in Slavery, while the next show - which you KNOW is filled with more hardcore fans for a variety of reasons, does not get any treats like that. #Troll
    I expected some more treats being that the Memphis show was at the smallest venue on the whole tour holding only 2,300 people. It was only the 3rd time they ever played in Memphis. I just wish I could afford to hit up more shows. With all this said, Metal and I'm Afraid of Americans are deffently treats and Burning Bright fucking kills. Less Than should be a staple for sure though as far as newer material, it's such a banger. Loved hearing Over and Out and Shit Mirror. Can't wait till they come back to Missouri as I have now seen them more times outta state then in my home state.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 09-25-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I expected some more treats being that the Memphis show was at the smallest venue on the whole tour holding only 2,300 people. It was only the 3rd time they ever played in Memphis. I just wish I could afford to hit up more shows. With all this said, Metal and I'm Afraid of Americans are deffently treats and Burning Bright fucking kills. Less Than should be a staple for sure though as far as newer material, it's such a banger. Loved hearing Over and Out and Shit Mirror. Can't wait till they come back to Missouri as I have now seen them more times outta state then in my home state.
    Yeah, I'm really hoping for a few St. Louis shows next year!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think the Perfect Drug should be a staple from now on. From the videos it sounds and looks amazing and really gives the whole band a chance to shine with Ilan Rubin’s drumming and the backing vocals

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @kleiner is coming into town for the chicago shows and, as a thank you for providing a couch on which to crash, bought me tickets for both the thursday and friday shows. i am blown away, and so excited i'll be seeing all three nights!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Next time, you should alert security to either get [disruptive] cunts like that ejected from the venue, or to get yourself moved to a better seat. That sort of shit is unacceptable, and the more we all stand up against it, the better our collective show experiences will become.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetunknown View Post
    I understand what you are trying to convey, but in all reality I didn't want to cross in front of all of the people in the row I was in (I was in the middle) and then try and find an usher and explain. Then have the whole back in forth exchange with security and these ladies when we all know it would not be resolved in 1-2 songs. I would miss parts of a show that I drove 2 hours to see and waited 4 years since my last NIN show. I would rather just try and tune it out....although nearly impossible. It was the equivalent of Fran Drescher and and Roseanne Barr talking to each other as if they are both hard of hearing. Plus, I had a bit of a walk back to my car and didn't need any retaliation headed my way. These ladies, although lady doesn't come to mind when describing them, I'll use your word - cunts - were just looking for a fight and I wasn't trying to be involved and enjoy the show. But yes, in a perfect world security would remove them.
    I understand those concerns and have been in a similar boat before (The Cure in 2016). Unfortunately, deliberately trying to tune things out just made it worse for me, and I still regret not having intervened at the time.

Better off missing one song and getting things resolved, versus having it affect an entire show. Other attendees will appreciate having someone speak up! I've even been complimented by others in the past for stepping in over the past two years.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Really wondering if they're going to add more songs on the second half of the tour so they don't get too bored, like how they added ATLITW on near the end of the Tension tour. Fingers crossed for more tracks off The Fragile.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @kleiner is coming into town for the chicago shows and, as a thank you for providing a couch on which to crash, bought me tickets for both the thursday and friday shows. i am blown away, and so excited i'll be seeing all three nights!
    I’m just so happy we’re gonna get to go to them together, it’s gonna be so much fun. Thanks to @sonic_discord for selling me 2 of those tickets at face, you rock.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

dude uploaded an aud vid of the entire show from RockFest (best set of the tour so far)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Me self destruct
    pefect drug
    wish
    holy shit what a start

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    The closer I get the worse it becomes comes

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Dear World,

I'm excited to hear what this song sounds like live.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The closer I get the worse it becomes comes

Enough about the end of summer and the crappy, cold weather coming in- how’s the setlist coming along tonight?...o_O

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The Idea Of You...

I'm excited to hear what this song sounds like live.
    FTFY.

EDIT: not implying this song is being played live right now.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Enough about the end of summer and the crappy, cold weather coming in- how’s the setlist coming along tonight?...o_O
    Oh, ya know, just adding three songs to the tour list...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Dear World, is one of my favorite new songs.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The bifurcated rant in the middle of "Dear World," is amazing.

@Krazy : let me just tell you how "The Idea of You" would sound live: it'll sound just like the record does.
    Last edited by botley; 09-26-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow that Atlanta setlist tho

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Mr. Self Destruct
    TPD
    Wish
    Less Than
    MOTP

That's probably the best 5-song opening I've ever seen. Holy shit!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The bifurcated rant in the middle of "Dear World," is amazing.

@Krazy: let me just tell you how "The Idea of You" would sound live: it'll sound just like the record does.
    Id like to hear it live with the drummer, along with the rest of the song. For me it’s the standout song from the EP’s.

Not sure what the facepalm was all about but one could say the same about [insert song here] sounds just like “the record does”. So whatever, not going to argue about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I need NOT ANYMORE live!!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    holy fuck, Dear World?

trizzle y u no kanada

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    i expect to hear some of these in Atlanta for sure. It wasn’t until last night that they did Metal again.
    And we got three of these night 1!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just got home from the first Atlanta show. It was very EP Trilogy heavy. “Less Than” rocked, “Dear World” and “Thr Lovers” were amazing. All of Bad Witch minus instrumentals was cool to see. I thought we were about to hear “Starfuckers” when Trent started reminiscing over playing the Fox with Manson years ago. Great show.