Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I can’t even wrap my head around this. “Everything” is possible!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Hey y'all: it just hit me that they played all of Bad Witch minus instrumentals. Granted, that's only four songs, but it's still pretty damn cool

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    I don't get to see Nine Inch Nails very often, but I thought I was a little jaded on Hurt until the RFH. Caught me quite by surprise.

But anyway... The Perfect Drug eh? How was it for you guys?

Yeah dude, it's funny: with Hurt I was like "meh. But I guess it's alright, because I haven't seen it live since 08."

And then I'm fucking sobbing. Hahaha. It surprised me too.
    @Kyle , teach me how to change my reaction to hurt because I'm likely gonna hear it again tomorrow. I
    @ChipRock it was so fucking surreal, TPD.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Atticus seems to like The Perfect Drug. He's moving like... a lot compared to how he usually acts onstage. Maybe he convinced Trent to finally play it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well then...I’m definitely buying tickets to Vegas now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I woke, got to work, checked up on Internet shit and thought I was being punk’d.

This gives me hope for AATCHB.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-19-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

You know. Freese was my favorite drummer for NiN. I think Iian has taken that place. Monster.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 09-19-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I guess TR was like.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah dude, it's funny: with Hurt I was like "meh. But I guess it's alright, because I haven't seen it live since 08."

@Kyle , teach me how to change my reaction to hurt because I'm likely gonna hear it again tomorrow. I
    Something in the air, I fully expected Hurt, I've seen them like 8 or 9 times live now, and I also had tears streaming. I've teared up before but not like that. I think I was partially sad it was over, I don't know. I'll be in GA tonight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That happened to me at Riot Fest last year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    After watching a full vid of the TPD performance, I have to wonder how this was not a live staple for the last 21 years. It sounds SO great; the ending works really well. I really hope I get to hear it at RCMH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Atticus seems to like The Perfect Drug. He's moving like... a lot compared to how he usually acts onstage. Maybe he convinced Trent to finally play it.
    Didn't Atticus say in an interview how Trent convinced him to tour live by claiming he wouldn't have to learn too many songs? They've played sooo many different things so far lol..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This was my 12th time I've seen Nine Inch Nails and it may just be the best show I've seen to date. It may even top the wave goodbye set at the Fonda. I loved how they played "8 Billion" over the PA while setting up the stage. That's easily my favorite Reznor & Ross song yet but one that will likely never see a live performance, so it was cool to hear it at a venue at least.

Obviously TPD was incredible! Ilan Rubin is an absolute beast. I loved how at the end of the drum "solo" in TPD, he casually jumped off the drum riser to play keys. What a fucking badass!

All of the trilogy material sounds amazing live. "Burning Bright" sounds absolutely massive! So glad I'm going tonight and then I've got 2 in Chicago and one of the LA shows. I'm really excited to see what else they pull off this tour (crosses fingers for "Leaving Hope")

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Hey y'all: it just hit me that they played all of Bad Witch minus instrumentals. Granted, that's only four songs, but it's still pretty damn cool
    I think there is better than 50/50 chance they play a set of all three EPs back to back to back during this tour.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    FUCKEN' ILAN KILLED IT ON TPD! You lucky bastards!!! Glad to see people are enjoying the hell out of this!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It's cool seeing everyone in the community excited again!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yeah, this tour is fucking nuts. I can't believe he actually did and finally debuted it. It might be a pipe dream, but I hope that song becomes a staple for the first song of the encore for a majority of the tour ... or at least thrown in every night like you expect a song like Head Like a Hole or Wish.

Makes me a little nervous for the shows with only one date since he may be wanting to pull out more rarities for shows with multiple nights ... but I'm staying optimistic!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I woke, got to work, checked up on Internet shit and thought I was being punk’d.

This gives me hope for AATCHB.
    YES!
    ...just please don't play it until I'm in the audience in New Orleans or LA.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this is the best TPD footage so far

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I just watched in full. When Ilan gets up from the drum set ... fucking wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    "Burning Bright" sounds absolutely massive!
    That song was amazing and the lighting was SO cool. Those little panels really looked like a bunch of fires burning, especially with the smoke machines billowing through them. Was that the first time "Burning Bright" was played live as well?

I don't know yet what time my wife and I are leaving but I'm hoping to be on the road by like 4:30 (height of rush hour!) and then we're going to stop at like Chipotle or something on the way to eat before getting to the venue. We're in GA and I'd love to meet any of the rest of you going tonight, especially if it means we sit near each other. I'm fucking obsessed with this band and sitting near people who don't get it takes away from the experience. My wife is a fan but not to the extent I am. I want to be able to look at someone during the set and not even need to say anything because they know exactly what's up.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Ally is playing what instrument exactly?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Ally is playing what instrument exactly?
    Depending on the song: synths/keyboards, guitar, bass.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Depending on the song: synths/keyboards, guitar, bass.
    Sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to The Perfect Drug verse part specifically. You can see it in the video above.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Yeah, this tour is fucking nuts. I can't believe he actually did and finally debuted it. It might be a pipe dream, but I hope that song becomes a staple for the first song of the encore for a majority of the tour ... or at least thrown in every night like you expect a song like Head Like a Hole or Wish.

Makes me a little nervous for the shows with only one date since he may be wanting to pull out more rarities for shows with multiple nights ... but I'm staying optimistic!
    I have a feeling that shows with one date will receive equal treatment. The name of the game for this tour so far seems to be "something special every night." By nature, I guess that would invalidate the possibility of TPD being played toooo frequently, though. But I guess there's no real way to tell this early into the tour. Hold fast hope!...And to the hope that we might actually get some love in the KS/ St. Louis areas in the near future!

I'm so sore right now, and it's unclear whether it's from climbing uphill to the venue or the savage fucking my soul took last night. The more I think about it, the more I realize how chock-full of songs I personally wanted to hear that setlist was. "Me, I'm Not," TPD, TGD, FINALLY hearing TDTWWA after a literal decade of it not popping up at any shows I went to, "Burning Bright," the majority of Bad Witch...The 550+ mile drive from the other end of Kansas was worth every inch, and the second show hasn't even happened yet.

This was my EIGHTH time seeing them, and HALF of the setlist was songs I'd never seen played live.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to The Perfect Drug verse part specifically. You can see it in the video above.
    Oh, sorry. It looks like either a baritone guitar or a bass missing the traditional headstock. It was pretty insane when the song started and I was on the left side but I could've sworn at one point I saw a stand-up bass, but I think I was suffering momentary delirium.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    That song was amazing and the lighting was SO cool. Those little panels really looked like a bunch of fires burning, especially with the smoke machines billowing through them. Was that the first time "Burning Bright" was played live as well?

I don't know yet what time my wife and I are leaving but I'm hoping to be on the road by like 4:30 (height of rush hour!) and then we're going to stop at like Chipotle or something on the way to eat before getting to the venue. We're in GA and I'd love to meet any of the rest of you going tonight, especially if it means we sit near each other. I'm fucking obsessed with this band and sitting near people who don't get it takes away from the experience. My wife is a fan but not to the extent I am. I want to be able to look at someone during the set and not even need to say anything because they know exactly what's up.
    I'm gonna be getting there around 4:30 or so, hopefully. If I can get reception at all, I'll post here and maybe we can all try to sit in a row or something! That'd be dope. But first things first - merch booth, heh.

Those lights WERE killer. So minimal and so effective, perfectly suited for this tour. They created either a shimmering effect and a bit of a nervous tension-sensation, depending on the song. It wasn't the first time they'd played "Burning Bright," either, but it was the first time for me, and that alone would have been a high point, even without TPD.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This tour is so exciting.

I wish (but know it will never happen) that 'Before and After Faith' would get played at the Memphis gig.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I have a feeling that shows with one date will receive equal treatment. The name of the game for this tour so far seems to be "something special every night." By nature, I guess that would invalidate the possibility of TPD being played toooo frequently, though. But I guess there's no real way to tell this early into the tour. Hold fast hope!...And to the hope that we might actually get some love in the KS/ St. Louis areas in the near future!

I'm so sore right now, and it's unclear whether it's from climbing uphill to the venue or the savage fucking my soul took last night. The more I think about it, the more I realize how chock-full of songs I personally wanted to hear that setlist was. "Me, I'm Not," TPD, TGD, FINALLY hearing TDTWWA after a literal decade of it not popping up at any shows I went to, "Burning Bright," the majority of Bad Witch...The 550+ mile drive from the other end of Kansas was worth every inch, and the second show hasn't even happened yet.

This was my EIGHTH time seeing them, and HALF of the setlist was songs I'd never seen played live.
    Yeah, I'm really holding out hope that the success of this year's prompts some more additional markets for sometime in 2019 and something much closer to us Missouri folks.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I'm gonna be getting there around 4:30 or so, hopefully. If I can get reception at all, I'll post here and maybe we can all try to sit in a row or something! That'd be dope. But first things first - merch booth, heh.

Those lights WERE killer. So minimal and so effective, perfectly suited for this tour. They created either a shimmering effect and a bit of a nervous tension-sensation, depending on the song. It wasn't the first time they'd played "Burning Bright," either, but it was the first time for me, and that alone would have been a high point, even without TPD.
    Okay, sweet. If traffic is what it usually is, it'll probably take over an hour to get there but hopefully still before 6pm. I'll post once I get there and will obviously be keeping an eye on the boards all day. Holy shit, I'm so excited and am so glad to be a part of this community!