Thread: Kaepernick Center of Nike 30th Anniversary Ad Campaign

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tone deaf and basically grand standing on fame due to something you did for “right and just causes” as a money promotion.

Yep, sounds like a celebrity protest to me alright.

Who gives a shit.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Tone deaf and basically grand standing on fame due to something you did for “right and just causes” as a money promotion.

Yep, sounds like a celebrity protest to me alright.

Who gives a shit.
    Lots of people. The President of the United States of America said Colin is "a son of a bitch" and said that people who use the flag in their protest shouldn't be allowed to be an American citizen. Nike came out and said "fuck you" to the president with this ad.

As tone deaf as the actual text of the ad is, the underlying statement is one that many people - especially those who are personally affected by the issues Kaepernick was protesting - will give a shit about. I'm as pasty white as they get, and I understand the importance of a public campaign to support the concerns of the mistreated.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Lots of people. The President of the United States of America said Colin is "a son of a bitch" and said that people who use the flag in their protest shouldn't be allowed to be an American citizen. Nike came out and said "fuck you" to the president with this ad.

As tone deaf as the actual text of the ad is, the underlying statement is one that many people - especially those who are personally affected by the issues Kaepernick was protesting - will give a shit about. I'm as pasty white as they get, and I understand the importance of a public campaign to support the concerns of the mistreated.
    My who gives a shit statement related to people upset about it.