Page 91 of 128 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    about 60% of the vote in for WI, PA, MI and Biden is down big in them. He really needs all three. Anyone think he pulls it off?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well this is certainly feeling like 2016 all over again, regardless of how many votes are yet to be counted. Except this time we had 4 fucking years of first hand experience to vote off of, but somehow the country seems to have learned absolutely fuck-all. McConnell and Lindsey Graham both won already somehow, so why should we expect anything other than another conservative sweep at this point.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Well this is certainly feeling like 2016 all over again, regardless of how many votes are yet to be counted. Except this time we had 4 fucking years of first hand experience to vote off of, but somehow the country seems to have learned absolutely fuck-all. McConnell and Lindsey Graham both won already somehow, so why should we expect anything other than another conservative sweep at this point.
    Nothing makes sense anymore. I don’t think it ever will.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks like it will be a long night/week.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Looks like it will be a long night/week.
    /4 years

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm sick. I have no idea how this has come to be. How the fuck did we not learn from the last 3.5 years?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Fuck everything

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Remember that statement Trent put on nin.com in 2004 when Bush was re-elected? Yeah, looking forward to another one of those.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Im pretty sure this has solidified the fact that we are one of the stupidest country's in the world. We have learned nothing. This should not have gotten this close. What the fuck is wrong with us.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Im pretty sure this has solidified the fact that we are one of the stupidest country's in the world. We have learned nothing. This should not have gotten this close. What the fuck is wrong with us.
    Exactly. How the fuck was this not a landslide already?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    And there goes florida

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I thought they called Florida a while ago? I... honestly... I'm not going to pay attention any more tonight. I'm going to go to sleep believing that Trump is going to lose. This might be the last time I get to actually believe that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    We do have good news, Fulton county, which is were Atlanta is, has not gotten all their votes in at all. Now, the county has voted blue since the 70's and it would be enough to Flip Georgia blue. Lets be hopeful

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I hate at least half this country, probably more.

I don’t care if it all burns to the ground.

Fuck “America.”

Ends up a big part of the “HUGE VOTER TURNOUT” was FOR TRUMP.

The slogan should be “I, Me, My.”
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Biden can still win.

Read what Nate Silver is saying.

Apparently Biden winning NE-02 was a big deal.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think Biden can win, but he SHOULD HAVE WON BY A FUCKING LANDSLIDE.

Nearly 230,000 people are DEAD.

Over 500 kids are in cages at the border and we sent their parents back and we don’t know how to find them.

The President used TEAR GAS against NUNS and PRIESTS who were peacefully protesting near the White House.

Etc. etc. etc.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Order for us to win, we need Nevada, Georgia and Penn.

Nevanda is looking good and Altanata still hasn't gotten their votes in yet so we still have hope

That just leaves Penn

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    This will all make for a very entertaining South Park episode if nothing else.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

Over 500 kids are in cages at the border and we sent their parents back and we don’t know how to find them.

The President used TEAR GAS against NUNS and PRIESTS who were peacefully protesting near the White House.

Etc. etc. etc.
    Exactly. Where is the moral victory?

The country has almost literally been fucked in the ass by this guy and they’re voting in his favor? Is half the country a bunch of masochists?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Etc. etc. etc.
    No one, and I mean, NO ONE is wearing a masking here.

The message of the "greater good" is completely lost outside of larger urban areas. This is a lark, always has been.

"LOL Trump" gets people elected, sad but true.

"It's just the flu, br0"... find me one year, on record, as bad as this year during modern medicine. "Well, that's not fair!"

I watched someone in front of me at the gas station bitch and moan about there not being Wintergreen dip. "LOL seriously? well then..."

This is how the majority of people feel. "I wanted Wintergreen, but all you had is Sweet Mint."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If the elections of the last few years have taught me anything, it's that people have become selfish. We had it last year (UK election), as bad and as obviously awful these political parties are too many people will just look at their own situation and go "this is fine". Social media and YT have amplified these voices "fuck change lets keep the status quo, i'm not being marginalized" they do not care about kids in cages, PoC being beaten, millions dead. They only care about being able to go outside again and pretend nothing is wrong, consume their media without any politics, no gays in their films, no women in their games....and this just shows how many of them there are now. I don't want to be defeatist, but fuck me people suck! Fewer and fewer people care about the struggles of their fellow human anymore, only about themselves!

EDIT: Please keep believing, i just needed to vent a bit after the last few weeks. I'm routing for you!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    If theres anything, we still have the mail in votes too look forward too so not all hope is lost

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    With a projected Biden win in Wisconsin right now there's only one more state needed to flip from red to blue. Let's hope for either Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania or Michigan to do the trick. Come on now!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    as some predicted, Trump declared premature victory and is saying he wants the Supreme Court to stop allowing the counting of mail in votes.

total end to democracy if that happens.

if it doesn't happen, mathmatically it's actually possible that neither hit 270. if that's the case, then the House decides.
    however, if it comes to that, that means the Senate decides VP
    It's very possible in this scenario that we can have a Biden-Pence ticket

fucking 2020.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    When I went to sleep earlier, the PredictIt odds were reversed. Biden is now leading

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Fuck Texas.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I have hope for Texas turning blue in the next 10-20 years. It's a process, and it's happening. it used to be solid solid red. not so much anymore.

I know, that doesn't help for this cycle. but I am trying to be optimistic about the future. trying.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yeah, this is a travesty. Even if Biden still wins, this will still be a loss, because it's going to be really close, the GOP will still hold the Senate, and the Dems will lose ground in the House. This is not a repudiation of Trump and Trumpism, which is what the country really needed. The government will be gridlocked; McConnell will block all legislation for the next two years, and deny every judicial appointment he can. People will become more disillusioned with politics and governance.

Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    if it doesn't happen, mathmatically it's actually possible that neither hit 270. if that's the case, then the House decides.
    A 269/269 tie is really unlikely with the combination of states that are left. Assuming Biden wins NV and AZ, The only way I can come up with a tie is if Biden wins Wisconsin and NC, and loses the rest, and that seems unlikely. The most likely scenarios I see is if Biden squeaks out a 270 win with Wisconsin and either Michigan or Georgia, or a higher total by also winning Pennsylvania. Trump wins by holding onto any 4 of the 5 states.

BTW, an electoral tie would not go in Biden's favor. In a tie, each state's House delegation gets one vote. The GOP controls 26 states' House delegations.