Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    awesome Justice Dem Jessica Cisneros is down by 75 votes right now w/95% votes in to that piece of shit Henry Cuellar in the Texas 28th Dem Primary. Cuellar is the only pro-life Dem in the House (and has a A rating from the NRA I believe), and recently had his offices raided by the FBI. Don't worry, that didn't stop Pelosi & Clyburn from stumping for him multiple times in person, defending him multiple times in interviews/fielding questions from reporters, and sinking tons of DCCC$ into the race to insure he stays in office. Dem leadership will barely lift a finger to solve the real problems facing this country, or to aggressively fight Republicans, but look at all the effort they give to make sure more progressives don't make it into office. Sickening.

Hopefully Jessica pulls it out. She's a great young candidate who could really speak to a different part of the electorate. I've donated a bunch to her both this time as well as two years ago, so I really want her to pull this out! If not, I hope she runs again in 2024 and take this corrupt disgrace out of office!
    That reminds me of how laser-focused the GOP was on getting Madison out: When the party decides you're no longer in favor, you are so much worse than toast.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    not sure where to put this one, but since it involves Rudy Giuliani, and how he's the most pathetically shameless lying sack of shit of all time, and if you ever needed video proof...

https://boingboing.net/2022/06/27/fo...FnSnQ16UyPMmLs

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    omg when he said he felt like he got shot, i started cracking up. this motherfucker be liein' all the time.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    January 6 committee, today, ooooooo this shit getting SO GOOD!!!!!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It's getting good, but I fear nothing good will happen, as in, Trump going to jail.

This country is so screwed up that even if he was in jail, he'd run a campaign from there and possibly win.

But, DeSantis seems to be perhaps even more popular and we are just as screwed, if not more...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ve never seen anything like this.

Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of the “Beast” (Presidential limo), then tried to choke Robert Engel!!

This is beyond “will he get re-elected” shit. There’s a whole shitload of people involved, here. Trump WANTED them to hang Mike Pence! He wanted to BE THERE at the Capitol!

I had a few Trump fans text me today “Jesus Christ he’s nuts.”

Trump people are threatening witnesses. There’s proof.

Today, there’s at least six Federal crimes against Trump.

This is way fucking weirder than anything we saw with Nixon.

I’m not jumping ahead as to what’s going to happen. I’m just looking at now, this shit has to be the worst shit in this country’s history. The President wanted the Vice President DEAD! The President was going to the Capitol to STOP them from counting the votes!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 06-28-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    That was batshit insane. If Trump doesn't at least face a real trial that he actually HAS TO SHOW UP FOR, our laws are a farce.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As I saw on twitter: This is the easiest way for the Republicans to drop Trump and get behind someone worse like DeathSentence in Florida.

for the heck of it:

Last edited by allegate; 06-28-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Dunno if it will hold, but sanity appears to be prevailing somewhat in Georgia, as Abrams is tied with Kemp in the polls, and Walker is down 10 points to Warnock.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is a hypothetical, yet plausible, and terrifying scenario:
    https://twitter.com/Thom_Hartmann/st...5i-W3wW2A&s=09

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wild thread from yesterday, as the brigade that believes the election was 100% stolen (wait for the Jan 6 reference) and considers the likes of Pete Ricketts too liberal conquered the state party.

Incredible on all sides. The establishment tried rejecting delegates, lying about the venue having a wedding so they could run out the clock, and apparently even tried to have law enforcement keep people from entering to be seated (?). When they lost the subsequent election and control of the state party, something like a dozen county commissioners and other high ranking officials resigned, one giving the middle finger on the way out.

It’ll be interesting to see how the MAGA/Q crowd’s attempts to consolidate power go. They see themselves as the “true“ voice of Nebraska conservatives, but their chief figureheads have been getting butchered in Republican primaries for over a decade thanks to the extremity of their views.
    Imagine if "sensible and rational" democratic voters could organize and successfully orchestrate a takeover of the party from powerful moneyed interests like dangerous lunatics can.
    wouldn't that be nice, huh.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Senators are close to releasing a bill to stop candidates from stealing elections
    A bipartisan group of senators has agreed to changes clarifying the vice president's role in certifying the Electoral College count in the wake of Jan. 6. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have both blessed the bipartisan talks aimed at closing loopholes in election law.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Good!

I don't think that's what Trump wanted when he said, "Stop the steal" lol. I'm glad this will hopefully make crazy scenarios much more difficult.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Piece of shit

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'd be alot more confident about Beto's chances right now if he didn't run for prez & didn't put his foot in his mouth re: guns during that campaign.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    did they expect Abbott to care and show up?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I bet they did, at that. He's the Big (little) Leader and he tries to project strength by attacking everyone. I bet they thought he had their back and now...

If they were smart - and the rest of Texas is included in this - they'd wipe some of the Republican brainwashing from their eyes and realize they truly don't care about them.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Well that's...something.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the response that fits best.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    is this the proper thread to throw the breaking news that Joe Manchin has "come to his senses" and is now changing his stance?
    I hope he still loses and we never hear from him again.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    is this the proper thread to throw the breaking news that Joe Manchin has "come to his senses" and is now changing his stance?
    I mean, right now it all seems like a lovely little bit of hot air. Because other Dems might yet prevent it moving forward and Mancini is know for flip flopping. When are they voting on this thing? Seems like all waiting does is give the lobbyists time to gather their funds

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    He’s not up for re-election until 2024 and it’s amazing he gets elected, at all, considering he’s in a sea of red. He’s pro-life, pro-coal, and he’s had an extensive track record of blocking gun control. He’s a DINO. BUT, when he DOES occasionally vote with the Dems, it’s more than we can say about any of the Republicans in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I mean, right now it all seems like a lovely little bit of hot air. Because other Dems might yet prevent it moving forward and Mancini is know for flip flopping. When are they voting on this thing? Seems like all waiting does is give the lobbyists time to gather their funds
    Lobbyist funds don’t matter. Sinema matters. She’s not on board. She insists on being bipartisan.

Manchin likely knows this, so …

MEANWHILE … all the Republicans who voted YES on the bill to support veterans who were injured by exposure to chemicals while serving (PACT Act) just voted NO on the same fucking bill.

Because an amendment to LOWER THE CAP of the amount of spending was introduced, and veterans and Democrats refused to include that amendment. (Dems offered Toomey a separate vote on that amendment and he refused.) Ted Cruz and his buddies are saying it’s because Democrats shifted the wording in a trust fund portion of the bill (Section 805) from discretionary to mandatory BUT THAT IS A LIE. Toomey is saying Section 805 allows spending “on anything not related to veterans” and THAT IS A LIE. READ THE BILL. IT IS VERY SPECIFIC.

VETERANS HAVE READ THIS BILL. They know these people are LYING.

Toomey: We just can’t afford to spend money willy nilly on whatever.

Message to Vets: If we spend trillions of dollars sending you to stupid wars we shouldn’t be in, and risk your lives, and do stupid shit like Agent Orange and burn pits, we sure as shit don’t want to PAY MORE MONEY for your healthcare! Ha!

The Republicans did this SOLELY AS REVENGE FOR THE PLANNED / RUMORED BUDGET RECONCILIATION WHICH INCLUDES A MINIMUM CORPORATE TAX!

SUSAN COLLINS ALREADY SAID SHE HAS REVERSED COURSE ON VOTING YES ON THE GAY MARRIAGE BILL!

Listen to John Stewart, below, starts at about 52.0.

Last edited by allegro; 07-31-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

well that's not that bad, right?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wow. 'let them fight' indeed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

wow. 'let them fight' indeed.
    Plot Twist that we all should have seen coming: He meant his son.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)