Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Didn't Trent say something about the price not changing even though he's chosen to bill it as an LP instead of an EP?

I hate to sound like a cheapskate or that I'm complaining, just an observation.. more or less. Amazon has the CD for $16.75 [still labeled as an EP] and yet Add Violence was $8 on Amazon. For some reason Not the Actual Events isn't listed on Amazon but on Wal-Mart's website it's also listed for $8.

So why is this release twice the price of those other ones? just because? difference in the packaging materials? supplier? Trump tariffs?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple the CD shows up as $6.97 on Amazon currently, the vinyl is $13.98.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    lol wait what.
    ron is selling coffee now?

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @thelastdisciple the CD shows up as $6.97 on Amazon currently, the vinyl is $13.98.
    Not in Canada though. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I didn't notice a card when I opened the vinyl last night. I'll have to check more closely. I just slit the opening and took the sleeve out and didn't really inspect farther than that.

But nin.com is selling official WAV download for $6.99 - https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...12268637290588
    mine didn't come with a code, which i didn't even think about since i got the email link (and definitely didn't listen to that tasty leak), but this might explain why you can buy the files separately and directly from nin this time round?

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Not in Canada though. :/
    It's obviously aboot Trade Wars.Canada is paying for Space Force.
    Plus, let's face it: you guys are a serious security risk.

Especially you and @botley
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-23-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    But nin.com is selling official WAV download for $6.99 - https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...12268637290588
    It would have been nice if that had been available right at the start. I would have done that right off the bat instead of ordering from Amazon. Oh well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think Shit Mirror could be understood as America personified, singing this. It has transformed and it is a new world now. The new face is Trump who represents power and strength and appetite. Other people should stay away from here because of what we have become. This country is becoming something new and it’s hard to recognize.

Maybe it’s Liberty on the bathroom floor.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I think Shit Mirror could be understood as America personified, singing this. It has transformed and it is a new world now. The new face is Trump who represents power and strength and appetite. Other people should stay away from here because of what we have become. This country is becoming something new and it’s hard to recognize.

Maybe it’s Liberty on the bathroom floor.
    At the very least, it seems to be written from the perspective of an out of control, possibly abusive person who admits awareness that they have crossed boundaries, and that they seem to enjoy this literal or figurative transgression.

Cross-ref the lyrics with Trent's recent interviews, and it may be about the evolution of humankind; he refers to us as a mutation in an interview, and the first two lines seem to be about a creature who has just evolved: "got a new face and it feels alright / power strength and appetite." But that's only with the interview as a guide for what he means by mutation. With the chorus and the title, the song is saying: if we look back at our reflection, we'd see shit. No humanist of the year award any time soon for Trent.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That’s some good insight as well. Maybe it’s about all those things.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    That’s some good insight as well. Maybe it’s about all those things.
    Could be about one person, the first human, or an entire nation. Or everyone living or dead. Humanity's terrible nature: Shit Mirror is scalable!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    6am and i‘m not from this world.

terrific record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    6am and i‘m not from this world.

terrific record

well, belongs to the drugs thread

still!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    everyone saying that trent sounds like bowie or peter murphy in "over and out" but when my wife heard the album for the first time today and his vocals came in, she said he sounded just like Brendan Perry from Dead Can Dance and i think she's spot on.

also, she loved the album which makes me extremely happy. getting to share music with her that i truly enjoy brings me so much happiness <3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    getting to share music with her that i truly enjoy brings me so much happiness <3
    Ain’t that the truth? I pretty much live and breathe music, and few things bring me more joy than when my wife connects with the music that speaks to me.

I had Bad Witch on in my car last night, and she started dancing to “Shit Mirror.” Hit me right in the feels. Then, today, I recorded guitars for a track on my band’s next album, and when she heard the first mix, she said something like “that sounds really cool,” and my heart fluttered like a twelve-year-old girl.

It bummed me out that she couldn’t make it to Vegas with me last week, but she’s going with me to one of the Phoenix shows and the last L.A. show, and that means pretty much everything to me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I didn't bother with the leak so I didn't get to hear shit until Friday. Have we talked about how fire "Over and Out" is yet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I didn't bother with the leak so I didn't get to hear shit until Friday. Have we talked about how fire "Over and Out" is yet?
    Time is running ouuuuuuuuuuuutttt
    Probably already in my top 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could be wrong but I feel like this trilogy is heavily inspired by Twin Peaks and especially from Coopers perspective. Like its about Trent’s feelings in regards to where he stands in modern society but he drew from Lynch’s vision of the third season of Twin Peaks

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Outstanding album and a very satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. Although I liked Bad Witch right from the start, it's definitely something I feel I need to spend some time with, as I appreciate it more with repeated listens.

Also, as a big fan of The Cult, I was happy and surprised to see Ian Astbury make an appearance. I wonder how that came about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

Also, as a big fan of The Cult, I was happy and surprised to see Ian Astbury make an appearance. I wonder how that came about?
    Yeah about that. Massive IA fan from all he has done but I can’t bloody work out what he does here. I’ve listening. I’ve listen with headphone. I’ve tried to focus on the different voices. Can I get him? Can I bollocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosingFocus View Post
    Yeah about that. Massive IA fan from all he has done but I can’t bloody work out what he does here. I’ve listening. I’ve listen with headphone. I’ve tried to focus on the different voices. Can I get him? Can I bollocks.
    New woooorrrrld! New tiiiiiiiiimes! Mutatiiiiion!
    .. at the very end of the track

I couldnt hear Mariqueen until I listened with better earphones.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I did think that was Ian. Didn't sound like Trent, but it's a bit hard to use that rule of thumb on this record. Trent only sounds like himself on the first two tracks, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjt View Post
    New woooorrrrld! New tiiiiiiiiimes! Mutatiiiiion!
    .. at the very end of the track

I couldnt hear Mariqueen until I listened with better earphones.
    That was the bit I assumed it might have been. Will dig out my proper cans and have bother listen at work tomorrow. Cheers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ahead of Ourselves has become one of my top NIN tracks. It's awesome how Trent and Atticus brought back that Perfect Drug kind of drum and bass instrumentation, but mixed it with NTAE's murkiness. God Break Down the Door is amazing too, it makes me wanna blast the speakers when it starts up. I'd love to hear a Song Exploder podcast about how it was created!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    Ahead of Ourselves has become one of my top NIN tracks. It's awesome how Trent and Atticus brought back that Perfect Drug kind of drum and bass instrumentation, but mixed it with NTAE's murkiness. God Break Down the Door is amazing too, it makes me wanna blast the speakers when it starts up. I'd love to hear a Song Exploder podcast about how it was created!
    I completely AGREE! Both of those tracks get my adrenaline pumping like crazy and I can't wait to experience those tracks live.

Hopefully Trent adds more of Bad Witch tracks to the sets later this year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's well-documented that Ian recorded some unreleased vocals for Trent in 2004, so they already know each other.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I can only say Nine Inch Nails albums are good and great so much. But whatever. I'm just grateful, and admittedly a bit psyched yet again. I just know I'm going to hear more things in the albums later on down the road that I didn't hear before, therefore increasing my overall enjoyment and appreciation. I also just need to give it more time, and yes, Bad Witch definitely delivers.

I also probably forgot to already say this, but I also like how song titles like Shit Mirror and Play the Goddamned Part look like something that would come straight from The Meathead Perspective.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Have we talked about, or has anyone noticed that Trent uses he same vocal effects on Ahead of ourselves as he does on Gave Up?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The effect is pretty similar. Those vocals reminded me of the "pray for death" guy from Prince of Darkness.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    The effect is pretty similar. Those vocals reminded me of the "pray for death" guy from Prince of Darkness.

Yessss! I thought of this as well. It's that strange watery vocal processing. It's like listening to the ghost of someone who drowned.