Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I thought season 5 was great. Season 3's my least favorite of the six. Not a single bad season though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seasons 5 and 6 are the worst imo. This season they had a lot going for them as I previously stated, but ending with something that was long overdue doesn't redeem it for me. The acting was mostly good over the course of the season, but the writing was shit. I really hope they end the series on a high note, it still deserves that. We deserve that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I decided to forget Season 5 ever happened, my girlfriend didn't watch it and after watching this season she admits she doesn't need to watch Season 5.

Also, Colin Hanks was emotionless and had just one face for the entire Season 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This season was worst than last season, last season actually had moments of great suspense, but ended so terribly badly. You had Quinn and Dexter colliding, Peter Weller snooping on Dexter, Lumen actually seeing the real Dexter: and the main bad was much more interesting than Colin Hanks. This season aside from Mos Def was terribly boring, the supposed shocking reveal that Olmos had been dead all along was irrelevant and basically fell flat. Tackling on incest seems desperate and unnecessary, and really undermined the emotional impact of the closing scene of season 6, a way overdue moment between Dexter and Deb. But I'm looking forward to Season 7, but I fear that it will be botched up badly.

Season 2 is #1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler: So Deb thinks Dexter isn't her biological brother but he actually is, correct?

This show is a guilty pleasure for sure, the plots are ridiculous and the acting is overdone, but it's entertaining. I'm just glad they are wrapping it up soon I don't think it it could sustain itself for much longer.
    Last edited by Delusional; 12-20-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Added spolier tag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Spoiler: So Deb thinks Dexter isn't her biological brother but he actually is, correct?

Where do you get that from? Pretty sure, no, you are wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe the most annoying thing about season 6 was Dexter's sloppiness. Sending a video message to Travis, wouldn't be hard for the police to look up phone records, just going to Nebraska kind of irritated me as it all felt unnecessary, and just things like killing Brother Sam's murderer in the public view made it show that Dexter's scenarios were becoming more and more impossible. Season 4 was so good that the last 2 look poor in comparison, but like the first 4 or 5 episodes of this season were really really good, it just tailed off at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech
    Where do you get that from? Pretty sure, no, you are wrong.
    I thought during the time Dexter was finding out about his past and his mother it was hinted at that Dexter's father actually had a relationship with his mother and that was behind him taking him in. I don't have the earlier seasons on my computer anymore to go back and check.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That was why he felt obligated to take Dexter in, sure, but I thought it was a brief thing, not something that would have spanned more than three years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    Maybe the most annoying thing about season 6 was Dexter's sloppiness. Sending a video message to Travis, wouldn't be hard for the police to look up phone records, just going to Nebraska kind of irritated me as it all felt unnecessary, and just things like killing Brother Sam's murderer in the public view made it show that Dexter's scenarios were becoming more and more impossible. Season 4 was so good that the last 2 look poor in comparison, but like the first 4 or 5 episodes of this season were really really good, it just tailed off at the end.
    I agree. Dexter used to be so careful. Now he just throws caution to the wind and yet there are no repercussions. Maybe it's something the writers are building up to, but so far it's a trend that doesn't fit with Dexter's character prior to the last two seasons.

Anyone else noticing the cops also getting really sloppy? Why would no one go in the house Travis was hiding out in before Dexter got there? Why did it take the intern to suggest tracking DDK through an IP address? Plenty of other examples I can't think of right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You find in this episode that Dexter had a biological father that's not Harry:
    http://www.tv.com/shows/dexter/father-knows-best-858818

All the sloppy kills were expedient for the writers, they phoned in this season.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Let's not forget what made me yell at the screen: the fact that Dexter, without disguising his voice, called in to 911 for his anonymous tip. No, no one will ever listen to that, like your sister, Dexter!

Even more annoying: no one ever did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. To me it just seems the writers and the editing is getting sloppy. It's starting to distract me from sustaining my disbelief. They've started writing the plot for convenience, and not if it makes any sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadezuki View Post
    Let's not forget what made me yell at the screen: the fact that Dexter, without disguising his voice, called in to 911 for his anonymous tip. No, no one will ever listen to that, like your sister, Dexter!

Even more annoying: no one ever did.
    but more so on that point, Dexter became more lucky than good. Standing on a yacht in broad daylight with a dead body hanging off the front, and not one witness, c'mon thats no how it works in real life, yes yes yes the show is fiction, but in the first couple seasons you always believed that what Dexter was doing could be real with complete caution and precision

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I had assumed his sloppiness this season was because of his son? How his life is no longer revolving just around the kills, but there is another pinpoint for his attention in Harrison. But I can see how this would just make it easier for the writers to write off loopholes and loose ends.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I had assumed his sloppiness this season was because of his son? How his life is no longer revolving just around the kills, but there is another pinpoint for his attention in Harrison. But I can see how this would just make it easier for the writers to write off loopholes and loose ends.
    I could see them going in that direction if there had been ANY consequences to his sloppiness, or even hints that there were, but not so far. Plus you could say they've gone over the whole "family man or killer?" question pretty constantly since the second or third season. And the issue of sloppiness is already sort of addressed when they did the Bay Harbor Butcher, so I don't really think it's leading anywhere... just bad writing.

It's POSSIBLE that the whole thing is really building up to explode... for example, they never did address the blood on Quinn's shoe from season 5, because Quinn's pretty much been in a fog all this season. But then the events of this recent season finale pretty much render all that other stuff moot, too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Official start date for the new season is September 30th.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Getting closer....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I was under the impression that was known for some time now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Is it sad that my first thought was "good"? Hopefully this season will be great (or better then the last two) and that would be five great seasons of the show. I think that is a pretty good run.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    For me, Michael has been the consistent element that has kept the show at least partly entertaining. All the sub-par B-stories couldn't keep me away from what that character was doing next week. That's the real legacy of the show, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-12-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Even the screenshot was spoilery.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If you YouTube search '2 Minute Sneak Peek: Dexter Season 7' you can see the first scene from the new season. Got rid of the embedded video because even the frozen screen grab could be considered a spoiler of sorts I guess.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Holy shit! Nice find!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy. Mother. Of Fuck.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Nice touch with Change. Wow, this is going to be one hell of a season!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It looks good. Sure hope it's better than last season- worse one yet.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    oh c'mon. right when I was about to call it quits with this show they show up with a trailer like this. Looks like I'll have to stay around for this one...

is that Vince's throat he's cutting open? good lord, guess that's a dream sequence though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    oh c'mon. right when I was about to call it quits with this show they show up with a trailer like this. Looks like I'll have to stay around for this one...

is that Vince's throat he's cutting open? good lord, guess that's a dream sequence though.
    Trailers be trailers aaargh...remember last season's trailer? It was awesome! The season not so much. But anyway, since finally Deb finds out (to what extent remains to be seen), it should be pretty dark and interesting.