Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
Well I don't know. I have friends interested in NIN who thinks it's great. Mainly thanks to the fact that it's very different. Purely anecdotal, but it just depends on the circle. Seems great if it is original, unexpected and divisive. As long as its 100% what T&A want to share with us.

Youtube has still 1k dislike, which is sizeable. But who cares about the general opinion anyway.. Anybody can just blurt whatever the moment the track is out. And then go on with something else.
I've checked and there's a 1/12 of dislikes, which is actually not that great. If you check other NIN videos on the official channel you'll see it's got almost the lowest rate. Came Back Haunted, which also met some criticism, is a bit lower and the video certainly alienataed some viewers. As I said before, well stablished bands tend to get a vast majority of likes by default on youtube, so every dislike counts here.

Not that I really care, and I think it's an ok song, but far from having met a great deal of enthusiasm among listeners and the youtube rating doesn't disprove it.