Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Playing on ps4. No issues so far. Can't seem to find the brightness setting though. Can't see for shit in some areas.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yeah, i had been wondering if maybe GOG would break some records since that is the main place that CD Projekt Red would get the maximum of profits.
    For sure. The minute the update was released, Steam and GoG immediately crashed... And for some time lol. Record numbers!

Best Buy caught on and didn't let me pick it up the other day. Omw in about an hour to grab it and jump into night city.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I returned it. Plays like trash on Xbox one S. I’ll consider it again if I decide to get a series x. But I wasn’t overly impressed with what I saw.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Thanks to mail delays due to Blowvid-19 delays and Christmas I was fucked out of getting this today on release day even though I pre-ordered months ago in advance. Lame.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Plays like trash on series x. Looks like shit. My tits are clipping through my shirt

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    it looks bad on the series X? really??

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So several hours with the base PS4...there are a load of graphical issues (a HELL of a lot of texture popping) and a few crashes...but it isn't stopping me enjoying it. I was saying to a friend who wants it on xbox that it's kinda like a much more in depth Fallout, that game didn't always look "amazing" but the core game was solid. I can defiantly see myself getting lost in this, though depending on patches i might wait for additional playthroughs on next gen. It's playable, but still needs some patch work.

I'm not all that impressed with the character creator though, considering what we've seen on soul calibur and code vein in recent years, it's pretty basic, but it does the job.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    it looks bad on the series X? really??
    Looks gold on mine. And that’s playing on performance mode, not quality. Quality mode looked a bit crisper but made it significantly janky when spinning sideways.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Having played for what i could in the morning i'm really starting to hit the game breaking stuff now. When wondering around night city the game will crash randomly (which is a pain but luckily there are some forgiving auto saves) but the game absolutely shits itself if i go into combat in the city, sounds disappear as do my weapons and in some cases animations...it's like trying to fight blind in some cases. And it's not like i can just pop out and get a PS5, those are like gold dust, this is the version i have and it really isn't optimized for base PS4 unfortunately. I hope it gets patched but for now i'm going to have to try and do a passive run and just do story missions.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I almost think it's a good thing that the Series X and PS5 versions aren't quite out yet, not because of the likelihood of them being undercooked but this means that the devs can actually focus on fixing the versions that are out, the ones that everyone has RIGHT NOW and are being primarily vocal about. Make them playable instead of ignoring them in favor of the brand new ritzy consoles that nobody has.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 12-11-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My PS4 just popped up with a 17gb update (pretty sizeable!), so hopefully that's fix the crashes maybe?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    My PS4 just popped up with a 17gb update (pretty sizeable!), so hopefully that's fix the crashes maybe?
    Probably this hotfix just announced. Xbox soon.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I don't have the game yet (might wait until I can get my hands on a PS5 after reading some reports of poor performance on base model PS4, which is what I have), but I found this hilarious:
    Cyberpunk 2077 characters can’t get their penises to stop poking through their pants
    Have any of you had this happen? I still can't believe they let you customize (and swap) your character's genitals...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I don't have the game yet (might wait until I can get my hands on a PS5 after reading some reports of poor performance on base model PS4, which is what I have), but I found this hilarious:
    Cyberpunk 2077 characters can’t get their penises to stop poking through their pants
    Have any of you had this happen? I still can't believe they let you customize (and swap) your character's genitals...
    Yes lol. Boobies and penis' clipping through outfits, upside down cars, random floating stuff, and the biggest of all, collision deaths... I died running into a door.

I was surprised by how bare bones the character creator is. Next to Demon's Souls, it pales considerably.

Edit: That latest hotfix really boosted the performance on PS5. Running smoothly atm.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-12-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Probably this hotfix just announced. Xbox soon.
    Looks like that's done the trick, been playing for a few hours and no crashes (thank fuck) and i can actually engage in combat now (though enemies still glitch into the floor) still needs a ton of work (texture popping, people glitching into things etc) but i can actually play the game now, only wasted 2 days off work, awesome!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It seems one of the score tracks is heavily inspired by the music producer Lorn, but also samples the song it is ripping without permission.

On top of that, there is a side job in the game called KOLD MIRAGE. Yes, spelt with all capitals just like the way Lorn spells his track KOLD MIRAGE.

Let's just say, he is not happy about the song stealing. There is homage and there is stealing. The Cyberpunk makers have yet to respond to Lorn.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Jackie just glitched into the lockers, with the doors and papers getting stuck in an endless loop just opening and closing. Papers flying everywhere... It was friggin' horrifying.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Best Buy utterly failed this pre-order for me. Tracking number label created on the 8th and never seen any updates or marked as shipped since. It is now two days later since release date. As an early pre-order adopter for this game (I know it's Best Buy's fault) I feel less than enthusiastic that people who didn't pre-order could and would get copies day one while me as a supporter got the shaft. If Best Buy didn't have 10.00 certificate and free Steelbook in the online pre-order I wouldn't have ever done it. I hate pre-ordering online. I usually get let down release day deliveries.

Good thing I wasn't dying to play this game because I'll probably be getting this next week at the tail end.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Best Buy utterly failed this pre-order for me. Tracking number label created on the 8th and never seen any updates or marked as shipped since. It is now two days later since release date. As an early pre-order adopter for this game (I know it's Best Buy's fault) I feel less than enthusiastic that people who didn't pre-order could and would get copies day one while me as a supporter got the shaft. If Best Buy didn't have 10.00 certificate and free Steelbook in the online pre-order I wouldn't have ever done it. I hate pre-ordering online. I usually get let down release day deliveries.

Good thing I wasn't dying to play this game because I'll probably be getting this next week at the tail end.
    Yeaa... They fucked up my steelbook order for it shipped separately. Somehow, it got shipped to an address I updated years ago that I no longer reside in. Let's just say I have bad blood with who lives there now and I'll never see it. Oh well... Best Buy DOES suck.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm getting lots of funny glitches, this was a fav...

I love his timing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm getting bombarded with ads from Stadia saying to buy the game and I'd get a Stadia controller plus a Chromecast Ultra for free, a $100 value. I'm on the fencepost on it.

also it's hilarious that I'm on a Chromebook, in Chrome, and it says I spelled Stadia and Chromecast wrong.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm getting bombarded with ads from Stadia saying to buy the game and I'd get a Stadia controller plus a Chromecast Ultra for free, a $100 value. I'm on the fencepost on it.

also it's hilarious that I'm on a Chromebook, in Chrome, and it says I spelled Stadia and Chromecast wrong.
    Yea, confirmed it runs better on Stadia than on last gen consoles... Go figure. I missed out on the free Stadia about a month ago, but I probably would have never used it lol.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Lol, same here that's why I'm tempted. But then...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK so my personal take on CP2077 (on last gen) is...it's fine, not great or perfect 10/10, just fine. All those 7 out of 10's are kinda what it deserves on last gen. I love the world and the story so far (i'm about 13 hours in but have just been looking around the world) but the bugs, ass funny as some are, REALLY make this game hard to really recommend in it's current state. Also the gameplay is starting to feel...clunky. I'm trying to do a stealth build and the game REALLY hasn't been made for stealth. For example there is no quick kill when you sneak behind an enemy, all you can do is grab and then kill or knock out. If your running around with a sword or knife you'd assume you could just take them out but nope (i went through the upgrades to see if it was an option but couldn't find anything, if anyone does have a quick kill option PLEASE let me know!)
    Side note why is there an option to knock people out? There doesn't seem to be any penalty to killing, so knocking them out is kinda pointless (unless you do what i do and knock them out, get your stealth XP and the kill them for more XP)
    Also there's a perk for throwing you knife, "GREAT" i though, this can be my quick kill...only it throws you currently equipped knife and then you have nothing equipped in that slot, you also LOSE THE KNIFE, so if it's a good one it's gone forever...it's not really worth it.
    It's also been said on here about the character creator and i fully agree, it's kinda basic. When compared to other games it just doesn't hold up. It's only unique feature is 3 different genital and boob sizes...and once the novelty has warn off it's kinda..meh.

All in all i am enjoying it (thanks to the latest patch) but this really feels like it needed more time to polish...hell maybe even just skipping current gen. It's sold really well, but i'd imagine come Jan you'll see ALOT of second hand copies of current gen on the market and returned copies from people annoyed it is in the state it's in on that hardware, and i really can't begrudge anyone that compares it to Fallouts issues. If your lucky enough to have next gen or a great PC then it's worth it, otherwise wait until you do.
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 12-13-2020 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fucking loving this game uunnnghh

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Not running smooth anymore lol. I don't know what happened, but there are a lot of muddy textures and running into some pixelated visuals with stuff. The game so far is... Fine. But there is a lot not to be desired for.

The fighting and gunplay is laughably bad, the enemy AI are a bunch of morons, the NPC's are sometimes lifeless and don't even look at you when you speak to them; they're stuck in scripted movements. The city is empty in a lot of areas with NPC models repeating every ten feet or so. Spiderman PS4 and Miles Morales did a better job at this with the city and interacting with people. Oh yea, and the soundtrack is pretty disappointing, but there are some good and hilarious moments from that. The game is simply unplayable at times with the bugs.

What I do like is Jackie as your buddy, some of the cars are cool, but the textures for me are off so they look like shit, but still like the designs and the voice acting is pretty solid.

It sucks that I'm finding more cons than pros here, but the game should have been delayed and released on next gen consoles only and it shows. I feel duped at times when I'm playing this game, and that isn't a good feeling. They rushed this out and now have to play catch up until it is actually fully playable. By the time the next gen upgrades come out, no one will be playing this if it continues down this path. I want to be immersed so bad here, but it isn't clicking atm.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I haven't run into weird glitches or anything like that yet, but I will say that the whole genital customization thing was weird, w/ pubic hair styling?

that was at least pretty damn BOLD for the most anticipated game to throw at you during the character creation process. I'm actually really hoping this doesn't come back up as a thing later in the game. To be honest, the whole sex stuff in Witcher 3 was realllllly offputting and weird.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well, there was a headline that passed by me yesterday that was something about penises poking through pantses so I assume everything's in the game.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    A lot of people seem to still be confused that a XSX and PS5 version does not exist yet. The feuds on social media is nothing short of entertaining with this narrative.

The glitches Jackie causes are so funny though. Dude literally just walks through almost anything in his path lolol.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Underwhelmed so far. Played 5 hours so far and I really don’t have much motivation to pick it up. Not that graphics matter but it doesn’t look that great for a game that’s been in development forever.