Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alice Cooper

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Alice Cooper

There was no thread. There should be an Alice Cooper thread in every general music forum, or else it's not worthy.

I'm going to see him "opening" for Motley Crue tonight on their "final" tour. Saw him in Heavy MTL in 2010, still remains one of the best shows I've ever been to.

While I wouldn't call myself a die-hard Alice fan, rarely a month or two will pass before I find myself giving an album a spin. My go-tos are Billion Dollar Babies (of course), Killer, Trash, Hey Stoopid, and The Last Temptation, which sees the most play. I love that album (and Neil Gaiman comic) to pieces. Yours?

On topic:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The "Final Tour" is fucking awesome. They went all out on this one. I think you'll have a blast.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I was an Alice Cooper fanatic for many years, I was like a walking Alice Cooper band encyclopedia. The Billion Dollar Babies tour was my first rock concert

After "Muscle of Love," I burned completely out.

I saw him again in around 2003 at the HoB and was pleased that he still puts on such a great show. Amazing. I follow him and his daughter Calico on Instagram.

Fave album is still and will always be the one that changed my 12-yr-old life all those years ago: "Love It To Death."

"Killer" is a close second.

I highly recommend that "Super Duper Alice Cooper" doc that occasionally runs on Paladium, even though it never mentions Michael Bruce.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...miere-20140424

Last edited by allegro; 08-25-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh wow, entire Behind the Music (for now)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Love Alice. Some of his 80's albums are spotty, but he's otherwise pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Huge fan, love all the classics but i'm also a sucker for his 80's albums (Flush the fashion/Special Forces/Zipper/Dada), this guy has really experimented with his music and i believe he's one of the greatest ever.
    I agree that "The Last Temptation" is one of his best, i recently heard the album again and it still holds up really good; "Brutal Planet" was not as good but it has some great songs too.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is, like, my favorite Alice Cooper song ever, all 8 minutes and 47 seconds of it, LOL, I got a watch that turns into a lifeboat

Last edited by allegro; 08-25-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I was always a casual fan of Alice Cooper as a kid but never had the chance to see him till he toured with Manson in 2013.

Consequently, now I've seen him 20 times!!!

XD

Here's some of my footage:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Alice has a new band, Hollywood Vampires, with Johnny Depp and Joe Perry. Their album has a few originals and covers classics from the 60's and 70's. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Brutal Planet mother fuckers!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    It is a very underrated album, it has awesome songs like "Wicked young man"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Love Alice. Some of his 80's albums are spotty, but he's otherwise pretty awesome.
    Pretty much this.

I'm a huge Alice Cooper fan. Billion Dollar Babies is my favorite album, but you really can't go wrong with any of his/their 70's albums. After that, it gets a bit hit-or-miss, but his last several albums have been very good IMO. I hadn't even heard of the Hollywood Vampires thing until a couple of weeks ago. Really digging it. The "Itchycoo Park" cover is outstanding. I really like the original songs, too.

I saw Alice with Rob Zombie a couple of years ago, and the dude's still got it. If you ever find yourself in Phoenix (he lives here), he owns a pretty sweet rock and roll themed sports bar downtown called Alice Cooperstown. Good food and lots of local beers on tap.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Pretty much this.

I'm a huge Alice Cooper fan. Billion Dollar Babies is my favorite album, but you really can't go wrong with any of his/their 70's albums. After that, it gets a bit hit-or-miss, but his last several albums have been very good IMO. I hadn't even heard of the Hollywood Vampires thing until a couple of weeks ago. Really digging it. The "Itchycoo Park" cover is outstanding. I really like the original songs, too.

I saw Alice with Rob Zombie a couple of years ago, and the dude's still got it. If you ever find yourself in Phoenix (he lives here), he owns a pretty sweet rock and roll themed sports bar downtown called Alice Cooperstown. Good food and lots of local beers on tap.

I was listening to The Hollywood Vampires today and love it. I was expecting it to be good, but it surpassed my expectations. A very fun, enjoyable listen.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I ADORED that record when it came out.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Alice Cooper's daughter Calico got married on Saturday at Shep Gordon's house.

Last edited by allegro; 10-05-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Is there anything Alice Cooper couldn't do that could make him any cooler? Seriously, he is awesome. Billion Dollar Babies is my favorite album of his.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That's gotta be the coolest father-daughter wedding dance *I've* ever seen, but a lot of it has to do with the people dancing. ;-)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    OMG, here's Calico's Mom (Sheryl) and Dad dancing!!!! (Sheryl is a dancer, too, Alice met her when she was a dancer in his tour.)

https://instagram.com/p/8ePevgEo00/
    Last edited by allegro; 10-06-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The filming of a Ballad of Dwight Fry video circa 1971, featuring Neal Smith's boa constrictor, Kachina

Last edited by allegro; 02-05-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Went to the Alice Cooper/Deep Purple show last night.

I'm in the Holiday Inn waiting to talk to the receptionist and guess who walks in? Alice Fucking Cooper. He stood for a minute and then told an assistant he was going to sit in the lobby. A few minutes later I passed him, said "How's it going" and he said hi back. It was kind of surreal and awesome for me.

As for the actual show--I've seen many legends--Alice In Chains, Van Halen, Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, Guns N' Roses, Soundgarden, NIN, Pearl Jam, Aerosmith, KISS, Metallica, etc.--and I have to say, in terms of an actual show, as in theatrics and showmanship--Alice Cooper was the very best I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just love the fact that for someone who is a fucking icon in music. Alice Cooper is still a humble dude who doesn't mind saying hi to his fans.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I just love the fact that for someone who is a fucking icon in music. Alice Cooper is still a humble dude who doesn't mind saying hi to his fans.
    And waited in line to check in to the Holiday Inn and wasn't some big diva.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    And waited in line to check in to the Holiday Inn and wasn't some big diva.
    Still a preacher's son who likes to read the bible every once in a while and just be like all of us. How can anyone not love him?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I co-host a weekly horror podcast (mostly movie reviews), so I go to lots of horror conventions. I was at Days of the Dead in Las Vegas last weekend and got a chance to meet and talk to Alice a few times. He was very cool, funny, and signed a few things for me (including the photo below).

CJ Graham (Jason from Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives) was also there, so they offered a "He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)" photo op. I had to get in on that. I'm the happy goofball on the right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I need an Alice Cooper pre-sale code! Like right now lol. Anybody? Anybody?

ETA: Just found today's pre-sale code is REMIX for 10:00 pre-sale. Ticket sales are such a huge cluster fuck anymore, I hate this shit! The only good thing to come out of the pandemic is that ticketmaster and live nation were fucking screwed for a year. GOOD! fuck you! sick of your bullshit.
    Last edited by sticksandhair; 05-19-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Got my Boston tix. Still need to give the new album a listen.

Ace Frehley is on the bill too! Saw him a few years ago and he was awesome.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 05-23-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Alice/Ace were awesome last night. Last real summer concert (even though it's technically the fall). Alice is still Alice. Amazing at 73. Most of the big hits and some new songs. He has such a massive body-of-work (28 albums), it would be pretty hard to pick the perfect setlist. Stage/theatrics/production were top-notch as always.

Ace Frehley and his band were great too. I have enjoyed the KISS shows with Thayer, but Ace is the real deal.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This song rules:

Detroit Stories is excellent.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)