Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The TV Shows (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That's the best pitch meeting episode in ages. The show was at its best when it had more a "monster of the week" thing going on, and then they oversold things at the end of season 2, and *then* they ruined what they did with that in the boba Fett show.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 04-28-2023 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Cocaine Bear says otherwise. Where else would you see a pun like "Super easy, bearly an inconvenience"?

But one of the videos I saw about S3 said that it was basically pulled in two directions between marketing and story hence the weird back and forth. Oh and the story lines that were supposed to be in the Cara Dune show but were shoved into this one for no reason.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Giving Grogu back to Mando is 1000% marketing. From a story standpoint there may as well have been a bow on their arcs at the end of S2. But at the end of the day Grogu probably draws even more audience than the actual mandalorian

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow, Ahsoka definitely started off with two excellent episodes. I look forward to seeing this play out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's being a rebellious risk-taker and there's being arrogantly stupid. I did not expect Sabine to fall in the latter category after all these years.

I wonder how Ahsoka's cameo in Boba Fett is going to fit into this show's story

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    There's being a rebellious risk-taker and there's being arrogantly stupid. I did not expect Sabine to fall in the latter category after all these years.
    I know what you mean but i'm guessing that's just part of the point with her not being entirely on her game, a little lost and dishevelled after whatever drama went down between her and Ahsoka compounded with the loss of Ezra.

Hair grown out, living with all of Ezra's stuff in a tower probably keeping to herself for who knows how long. She's not the spunky Mandalorian she used to be or at least hasn't found her purpose yet to suit back up and dust herself off, cliche as it usually is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I know what you mean but i'm guessing that's just part of the point with her not being entirely on her game, a little lost and dishevelled after whatever drama went down between her and Ahsoka compounded with the loss of Ezra.

Hair grown out, living with all of Ezra's stuff in a tower probably keeping to herself for who knows how long. She's not the spunky Mandalorian she used to be or at least hasn't found her purpose yet to suit back up and dust herself off, cliche as it usually is.
    With the stakes at play, it still doesn't make sense that she took the map home. I could've been more understanding and suspend some disbelief if this took place right after Rebels, but the character is in her thirties now. Her running from participating in the ceremony tracks. As does her preferring to work without Ahsoka looking over her shoulder. But taking the map is incredibly short-sighted and immature - even for someone dealing with ptsd-related depression.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    She took the map a fuck you to Ahsoka and to do it in her comfort zone. Kinda literally.

3rd episode just show how rusty she is... and explains her defeat, at least in my eyes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I really liked ep. 5.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Superb episode! So far this show is my favorite since Mando S1. Really like the casting here and Baylan Skoll could become one of my alltime favorite SW characters.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I am curious, for those who never watched any of the animated Star Wars shows is Ahsoka motivating you at all toward checking any of it out?

Do you find it hard to follow the show without that backstory or do you feel like the show is constantly requiring you to do homework? Might you even feel alienated somehow as if the show wasn't made for you?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I watch the Heavy Spoilers / ScreenCrush episodes about the show. Fills you in on what you're missing if you didn't watch the animated stuff plus some deep lore that's from the canon books/games that even fewer people checked out.

Plus I laugh every time Doug gets a high five.

The show so far has been great, even missing all those details until after the fact. I feel like episode 5 was a love letter from Dave to the hardcore fans with the little touches he was putting in, like the Siege of Mandalore with the Darth Maul helmets.

Also little Ahshoka was played by little Gamora, who was also the daughter in Barbie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So we're almost through Ahsoka season 1, which looks to be the first act of this story. Since this story is inspired by Tolkien, Shakespeare and pre-christian European mythology, and things have to "rhyme" in Star Wars, I have the following predictions:
    - After this story has reached its conclusion, Ahsoka and Ezra will never return to the "original" Star Wars galaxy;
    - Ezra will (continue to) be continuously seduced by the "dark side" until the "greater power" that Baylan is after is held at bay indefinitely;
    - Sabine will take over Ezra's quest during a period wherein he is either incapacitated, imprisoned, unreasonable or otherwise impotent (end of season 2, first half season 3?);
    - Sabine and Ezra will at some point disguise as stormtroopers while Ahsoka sneaks around;
    - Baylan will die in season 1's finale after being presented by a supernatural force with the choice between his own death or Shin's;
    - Remorseful betrayal: Morgan will turn on Thrawn, will try to strike an allegiance with both Shin and Ezra. Ezra will be intrigued, but would rather join his old friends. Shin will join Morgan in the hopes to achieve whatever Baylan was training her for (season 2);
    - Sabine will find a black kyber crystal while on a psychedelic trip down a wet cave (end of season 2, first half season 3), tying this series back to Sabine's heritage and current Mando affairs;
    - Ezra and Chopper will pay homage to that scene in RotJ where R2D2 spits out a lightsaber and Luke catches it acrobatically;
    - Thrawn will eventually meet his demise as a result of either him misinterpreting a prediction of the witches or him missing their warning due to tunnelvision.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what happened to that planet of jedi refugees that was hidden in some nebula and that the rebellion was aware of. A refuge established 13 years before RotJ and 43 years before TFA. Did no one think to go and tell them: "top sith has been vaporized by messiah-turned-sith and almost all the murder clones are either dead or senile, you can come out now and help the kids of that genocidal turncoat rebuild"? I wonder how their culture will have developed, if they are basically forgotten about until after the events of the sequel trilogy. That's two/three generations that would've grown up on that planet. Wouldn't they have started their own jedi academy?

Also, if those turtle people turn out to be, like, ninja turtles, I would find that amusing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well, you also have to keep in mind Dave Filoni is working on an Avengers-style movie that is the finale for all the shows. Or, well, the finale to that story since for some reason everything has to keep rhyming instead of being something new.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    well, you also have to keep in mind Dave Filoni is working on an Avengers-style movie that is the finale for all the shows. Or, well, the finale to that story since for some reason everything has to keep rhyming instead of being something new.
    They will have to let Grogu, Ahsoka, Ezra and Jude Law's children clear the way for the sequel trilogy to happen the way as it has. I think that is the narrative purpose of this new galaxy and that the movie will set that in stone. After that they can keep going at failing to root out corruption and fascism in the original galaxy while they lament their lack of messianic figures.

Then I wish they would move forward in the new galaxy with a Twin Peaks-type show that delves further into the spirituality of the Force and spectral ethics.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished E6 ... ...

I liked it a lot. Those Stormtroopers have seen a thing a thing or two...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The season was pretty neat.

I wonder how they are going to continue with Baylan. It would be a disservice to the character to kill him off and I've grown too fond of Wise's portrayal of the character to want to see a recast or AI-golem.

And it appears we haven't seen the last of Spoiler: Anakin yet.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Are we actually headed to Spoiler: MORTIS?!

Certain cliff side monuments certainly seem to suggest something to do with it.

Damn it, the way this season ended just left me so unfulfilled though and how bloody long do we have to wait to continue the story?!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    The season was pretty neat.

I wonder how they are going to continue with Baylan. It would be a disservice to the character to kill him off and I've grown too fond of Wise's portrayal of the character to want to see a recast or AI-golem.

And it appears we haven't seen the last of Spoiler: Anakin yet.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Are we actually headed to Spoiler: MORTIS?!

Certain cliff side monuments certainly seem to suggest something to do with it.

Damn it, the way this season ended just left me so unfulfilled though and how bloody long do we have to wait to continue the story?!
    Huh. Here I was thinking Baylan was on the Argonath to see where it pointed to take the One Ring back to Mordor where it was forged. I wonder if Ashoka the White and her hobbit companion Sabine can find a way to help out.

I'm hard on the show because that wasn't a season-ending episode, that was everything people are complaining about with Disney: this thing sets up that thing which sets up this other thing...just tell a normal three-act story that has a beginning, a middle, and an end so people can have closure. It's the reason I gave up on reading mainline comics: every big story ends but also starts setting up plot lines for the next one over the last five or so books so it's not actually over, there's another thing happening soon.

Oh yeah, I was just reminded of the green Bubo that showed up and didn't do anything. The whole last five-ten minutes was a lot of show and not so much tell.
    Last edited by allegate; 10-04-2023 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm hard on the show because that wasn't a season-ending episode, that was everything people are complaining about with Disney: this thing sets up that thing which sets up this other thing...just tell a normal three-act story that has a beginning, a middle, and an end so people can have closure. It's the reason I gave up on reading mainline comics: every big story ends but also starts setting up plot lines for the next one over the last five or so books so it's not actually over, there's another thing happening soon.
    You are absolutely right when taking into consideration that the show is called Ahsoka and that Sabine is the only character with an arc that was introduced, developed and more or less wrapped up within the confines of this season of this show.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Call it Rebels: Live Action or something else.

The score was a banger though, loved it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    best show other than andor so far.

also ahsoka was the least interesting character.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Final season of Bad Batch started off pretty strong.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I don't know much about this...but it looks decent. I hope it leans more toward Andor, in terms of tone, rather than Mando, etc. And looks to have a primarily female cast which is sure to unleash the chuds. I'm interested, which is more than I could say for the other offerings since Andor.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah the youtube comments were a cesspool three minutes after upload.

It looks interesting, though since they didn't reveal a certain cast member or the bad guy I wonder if those are related.