Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The TV Shows (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Fantastic second episode although it has me a little worried we won't be seeing too much of present-day Boba in action. I especially would love an episode where the Slave I is an integral part. But who knows what we will be seeing in future episodes and such. This episode's new characters were all pretty cool and boy, look at THAT Wookie!

But I still hate the soundtrack. Although there are some nice variatons of the Boba Fett theme here and there, but nearly not enough.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Really liked the episode last night. I'm not as big a fan of the "current" story as I am of the past one, that seems to be the most interesting aspect of the 'mystery' right now.

I've never been a fan of the "flashbacks that echo current situations" trope so that's definitely part of the issue. But then that's basically built into the lore now, isn't it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Decent episode this week. That may have been the least exciting chase scene I've ever seen though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I know I've seen worse, they just aren't coming to mind at this point, but yeah that was so bad. Otherwise it was a good bit of movement on the two stories. looks like the rhyming is continuing!

Spoiler: On this week's thrilling episode, Boba Fett hires the hoverboard goons from Back to the Future II.

https://s24526.pcdn.co/wp-content/up...1_Future43.jpg

linked so as to not be a spoiler.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-12-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    This episode definitely moved the stories forward, but hot damn... this might have been the most dissapointing episode in the Mando universe to date. And that chase seen was godawful to watch... what happened Mr Rodriguez? A huge letdown after the amazing train heist from episode 2.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I saw that there was a Mando Easter egg in the show: When he's going past the storm trooper helmets on pikes like were in Mando S1 you can see Peli Motto (Amy Sedaris) and her pit droids walking in the background. I felt while watching it that something in the scene was important just because of the framing (it wasn't framed on the heads for one) but I didn't want to pause since the fam was watching and they really (really) hate when I do that while watching.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I saw that there was a Mando Easter egg in the show: When he's going past the storm trooper helmets on pikes like were in Mando S1 you can see Peli Motto (Amy Sedaris) and her pit droids walking in the background. I felt while watching it that something in the scene was important just because of the framing (it wasn't framed on the heads for one) but I didn't want to pause since the fam was watching and they really (really) hate when I do that while watching.
    I spotted that immediately, did the whole pointing at the TV Leo meme

I love RR so I love this, it’s deliciously over the top

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I couldn't help MST3King the episode at certain parts because it was such a slow one. A lot of good parts for sure but also so many places that could have been cut. I get that it's to set things in motion for the last couple eps but man.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    A huge upgrade to last week's episode and I was very happy to see Boba in action again and getting his revenge. Still this show is a letdown somehow as it doesn't really go anywhere where I'd expected it go. Really hope things will pick up with the last three remaining episodes and we might get a season 02 that really amps it up.

Fun fact:Spoiler: I already knew he was about to reclaim the Slave I, so I had a very clear picture in my mind on how the scene will play out if he sees his ship again in person. And it pretty much went down as I imagined, complete with the Boba Fett theme playing. That made me smile for sure.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    tut tut! that wasn't Slave 1, that was the "Firespray".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I absolutely love this show.

I feel like there might be more to Boba’s character in the Filoni universe that I need to find out about to give some backstory. Why is he so different to Jango? What was he like growing up? I’m intrigued.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    tut tut! that wasn't Slave 1, that was the "Firespray".
    I think it's really stupid to change the name of the Slave I after over 40 years, so I like to think of "Firespray Gunship" as the type of ship (like X-wing or TIE fighter) and "Slave I" is the name or call sign.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think it's really stupid to change the name of the Slave I after over 40 years, so I like to think of "Firespray Gunship" as the type of ship (like X-wing or TIE fighter) and "Slave I" is the name or call sign.
    I thought that was the case. They didn’t change the name of it, they are just referring to it by its model name.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I thought that was the case. They didn’t change the name of it, they are just referring to it by its model name.
    exactly that's what it was. I was just pointing out how dumb it was he said the class of ship it was vs. the actual name of the ship. I saw something that said what they should have done was name the ship and then have Boba say "no, no more slaves" and call it something else instead of walking around it like that.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Unfortunately, they definitely changed the name. It started with the Lego sets last year: the Slave I Lego sets are now Boba Fett's Starship. Disney didn't want to use the word "slave" anymore.
    They're also reportedly scheming on getting rid of "Slave Leia" merch. I can actually handle that one a bit better, as Carrie Fisher herself told Daisy Ridley "Fight for your costume. Don't be a slave like I was."
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-21-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Ep 4 was decent enough. I didn't care for the mod scene, specifically the music and style of editing. Elsewhere I liked the Spoiler: Mando theme elements both in the Fennec rescue flashback and at the end with the pretty obvious foreshadowing. I really hope there is more to the speeder gang story arc beyond Spoiler: Boba mowing them all down in revenge.

Personally, I take no issue with how they refer to his ship.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Personally, I take no issue with how they refer to his ship.
    It's not a HORRIBLE thing. It's just that I've been a huge Boba Fett fan since I was a kid, and Slave I just sounds like a badass, interesting name.
    In FACT, due to the combined influences of that ship and Prince, and Happiness in Slavery/Screaming Slave, I had a t-shirt in high school that just said "slave" on it, and I wrote slave on my hand in eyeliner pretty damn regularly.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Mando ate up Boba Fett's territory before he even got here, and then to make matters worse, the show ends up making him into kind of a dull wimp, as though getting knocked into a pit by a blind man with a stick was less a fluke and more on brand.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Mando ate up Boba Fett's territory before he even got here, and then to make matters worse, the show ends up making him into kind of a dull wimp, as though getting knocked into a pit by a blind man with a stick was less a fluke and more on brand.
    Yeah unfortunately that was how i felt after the latest episode also and it's a shame based on how well they handled his reintroduction in Mando season 2.

Like don't get me wrong, Temuera Morrison is GREAT as Boba and i love keeping the continuity with his Jango role/the clones but this season has definitely been a bit frustrating with the feeling of how nerfed he's become. I'm hoping it's just TV show device meant to string us along for the big payoff because i can understand having him built back up, learning to crawl before he can walk again. It just doesn't jive well with how we already saw him and what we KNOW that he can do not to mention you would think that ground would have been covered in all the flashbacks. Why is he STILL stumbling and bumbling around so much?

The fact that they took this interlude/side tangent to put the spotlight on Mando REALLY undercuts the show because this was the best episode thus far and Boba wasn't even in it at all which is absolutely sad as hell.

I said this on twitter.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I came away from Ep 5 thinking they should have just called this Mando S3. But I'll let the rest of the season play out before baking that one. Great ep, excellent way to reintro our boy. BDH nailed it. Perfect callbacks. Shame we had to wait until ep 5 to get a banger and it didn't even have the thing in it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    this weeks episode was the only one ive really enjoyed. even the cinematography and editing on this episode has kicked the other episodes asses.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was shocked to see that BDH is the one who directed it. The fight scene at the beginning was really well done and I was thinking, "Is this the BDH episode? Because I think she's next in the rotating chair." and sure enough.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Big episode but I can see folks being pretty irritated now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    apparently everyone else in this story is more interesting than Boba Fett..

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    This show has become a real mess. Who in god's name tought it'd be a good idea to call this "season" the Book of Boba Fett and give it a huge teaser after The Mandalorian S2 when there's barely two hours of Boba Fett (mostly without his iconic armor or the Slave I) while the Mandalorian is taking over mid-season? By now they really should have kept Boba as a badass side-kick if they don't have an idea how to give him his very own story arc.

Yesterday's episode was the first one I caught myself skipping a little forward at times. Although it had some great moments. But personally I could have done without reappearing characters from the Mandalorian in this show. So far episode 2 was the only one I thorougly enjoyed as well big parts of episode 4. Too bad... but I'm still eager to know what happens next week and if there is at least a little bit of Boba Fett in action.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I loved ep 6 however I agree with all the points everyone is making. I enjoyed the reappearances and the introduction near the end but it's tough to see how this all fits together. (Spoiler: Although my guess is the link will be based on who rescued Grogu from Order 66 by way of a Luke induced flashback) I'm hoping the finale ties everything together however I'm not optimistic based on the two previous Rodriguez directed episodes. Spoiler: I thought they nailed Cad Bane. Loved everything about it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wish I could have not been spoiled on like all of the episode beats but that's what I get, it was my own fault for continuing to read them.

There's no way Raylan Givens would have lost that draw, I don't believe that part for one second. Nope.

I will spoil this wookiepedia entry because A) I didn't know that and B) it does spoil the episode for those who haven't seen it.
    Spoiler: Before the cancellation of The Clone Wars TV series, Cad Bane was set to make an appearance during a four-episode arc starring him and Boba Fett. The two were going to team up for a "rescue mission" on Tatooine where Tusken Raiders had kidnapped a child. It would emphasize Boba's and Cad's relation to one another, as Cad had known Jango. Cad Bane would also get new clothes and a new ship called the Justifier.[41] In a clip revealed during the Animated Origins and Unexpected Fates panel at Celebration Orlando in 2017, Cad Bane and other bounty hunters had ended an insurrection by Fett. To finish it, they engaged in a stand-off duel, where the younger mercenary got his helmet dented.[42]
    But also C) I wonder if they're going to mention that?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

woo!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That's a comic book series from Marvel not the Disney Plus series in case there's any confusion.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There was! lol