Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Mine just shipped as well to Germany. Hopefully it's here by the weekend or next Monday. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    The Downward Spiral has a whole new sequencing for the DE. Specifically that he moved which sides some of the segues fall on and got rid of the segue between "The Becoming" and "I Do Not Want This" completely.
    What? It's there on the digital version, isn't it?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    also, like...yeah, the physical package of deviations was not as great as we all would have liked. but the music is so fucking good​.
    Speaking of the music. Some of it used to be on Apple Music under some weird artist share thing, did it get pulled? I can’t find it anywhere.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Speaking of the music. Some of it used to be on Apple Music under some weird artist share thing, did it get pulled? I can’t find it anywhere.
    Yep, those were pulled ages ago. ninjaw has an archive here:

https://jheberg.net/captcha/apple-mu...s-by-ninjaw-2/

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yep, those were pulled ages ago. ninjaw has an archive here:

https://jheberg.net/captcha/apple-mu...s-by-ninjaw-2/
    Thanks, I should have just used my download link on my deviations package before i sold it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Can someone refresh my memory on what the Twilight Zone sample is? Anyone have some links to compare the two versions?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Can someone refresh my memory on what the Twilight Zone sample is? Anyone have some links to compare the two versions?
    It's from the episode "And When the Sky Was Opened". The episode is about astronauts who come back from a top secret mission and start fading out of existence one by one. The sample is one of the astronauts talking about how he feels like he could just let go and fade away into nothing. It's much easier to hear in the instrumental version than the Deep Cuts version.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 11-26-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    FYI: Bird Box has been going in and out of [presale] availability all day on store.nin. It appears SOLD OUT! is more of a Wait A Second!...at least so far.
    It's back up again (for the time being). Quantity is at 223; the staggering seems to be 50-75 copies sold a day.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It's back up again (for the time being). Quantity is at 223; the staggering seems to be 50-75 copies sold a day.
    That's absolutely crazy, Bird Box seems like it would be a mega niche release - ESPECIALLY when a $80 vinyl set is the only physical copy available right now.

I wonder why it's selling so well?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That's absolutely crazy, Bird Box seems like it would be a mega niche release - ESPECIALLY when a $80 vinyl set is the only physical copy available right now.

I wonder why it's selling so well?
    i think the design and creative quality to it is what makes it sell so well. we can all "acquire" the music elsewhere but do you get the entire experience, imo, no.

i for one have no issues in spending the dollars when so much thought goes into a product like that.
    Last edited by spahn; 11-26-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    Anyway, I know this album isn't the top of everyone's list like TDS or The Fragile, but I really really love it in it's own different way. This is a great release.
    It is on my list and I've been a fan since PHM came out

My top 5...
    1 The Downward Spiral
    2 Broken
    3 With Teeth
    4 The Fragile
    5 Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It's from the episode "And When the Sky Was Opened". The episode is about astronauts who come back from a top secret mission and start fading out of existence one by one. The sample is one of the astronauts talking about how he feels like he could just let go and fade away into nothing. It's much easier to hear in the instrumental version than the Deep Cuts version.
    Somebody also did a polarity inversion to the 'Deep Cuts' version, which means when it's overlaid on top of the standard album mix, the sample comes out loud and clear...
    Last edited by botley; 11-26-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Anybody run a match EQ on the download compared to the original DVD-A high res yet? I did one for a Fragile DE song and it matched nearly exactly to the original CD master (which means the biggest change on Fraggle DE is the loudness). I can do one for WT later and post it if no one gets around to it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Somebody also did a polarity inversion to the 'Deep Cuts' version, which means when it's overlaid on top of the standard album mix, the sample comes out loud and clear...
    Just did this again myself, and tried to clean up the high end a bit (though since there is an MP3 in the source, it's got some underwater-ish artifacts) to make it as clear as possible.

EDIT: Here is the original sample from the episode itself.
    Last edited by botley; 11-26-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    So on my first reading of your reply I thought it seemed really salty but then I think perhaps you thought the same? Apologies, no snark or salt was intended. I hope we're good.
    There was none taken! I simply was trying to be funny. But I am really not good at that. lolz. I was agreeing with you wholeheartedly!

If Trent ever wanted someone to preserve stuff, it would be my dream job. Heh...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I went to Sunrise Records in the mall (Ontario/Canada) a day or so after this W_T news dropped, they weren't aware of the release and the guy wasn't sure if they would be getting any, he was cool enough to go to NIN.COM and find out that I could order W_T online (I already knew that but acted happy and thanked him for checking).

I got into vinyl relatively recently and have TDS and TF so far, I hope there are still some W_T in stock in a Jan/Feb 2020 as all my money is currently spoken for, thank you Christmas.

I hope to continue to add to my collection, I would love to add W_T, Y_Z is a big one, and Quake.

I've seen NTAE, BW, AV vinyl and the price is right but I'm not sure what's holding me back. I think I am a fan of full albums when it comes to vinyl. That said... TDTWWA was one of my favourite CDs.

P.S. W_T online orders should come with an option to add a bottle of wine from Caduceus Cellars.
    Last edited by snaapz; 11-26-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I went to Sunrise Records in the mall (Ontario/Canada) a day or so after this W_T news dropped, they weren't aware of the release and the guy wasn't sure if they would be getting any...
    The previous round of Def Editions started showing up in stores / on Amazon a few weeks after the initial release...am I remembering that correctly?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    . FFS, there was a guy selling BBD on eBay yesterday for like $1,500+..
    Asking or selling?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I went to Sunrise Records in the mall (Ontario/Canada) a day or so after this W_T news dropped, they weren't aware of the release and the guy wasn't sure if they would be getting any, he was cool enough to go to NIN.COM and find out that I could order W_T online (I already knew that but acted happy and thanked him for checking).

I got into vinyl relatively recently and have TDS and TF so far, I hope there are still some W_T in stock in a Jan/Feb 2020 as all my money is currently spoken for, thank you Christmas.

I hope to continue to add to my collection, I would love to add W_T, Y_Z is a big one, and Quake.

I've seen NTAE, BW, AV vinyl and the price is right but I'm not sure what's holding me back. I think I am a fan of full albums when it comes to vinyl. That said... TDTWWA was one of my favourite CDs.

P.S. W_T online orders should come with an option to add a bottle of wine from Caduceus Cellars.
    The Definitive Editions are made to be in print for a long time, from what I remember, so if it’s not available in January it should only be a temporary absence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was beginning to think this wouldn't happen!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    ...Fraggle DE...

"the day the doozers went away"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It looks like With Teeth will be released on amazon.co.uk and amazon.de on January 10th 2020. The same goes for Birdbox

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, I have to say, this was easily the best nin.com ordering experience I’ve had in recent memory.

Being in Canada, we usually have to wait an extra week or two for shipments to arrive. But the WT and Bird Box vinyls arrived today, insanely fast, and was really well packed! I hope all future releases go this smoothly!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Same here. I hit customer service up and got a non responce. To their defence though they might have missed the question in my initial email.

Though thinknig about it more, I ordered WT-DE, BBE and Gone Girl so, I'm thinking the extra order of Gone Girl is messing with my position in the shipping que.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I just got my shipping notification today so hopefully more will be coming out soon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, listening to this Definitive Edition, it's interesting for me. When With Teeth came out, I was a new NIN fan for a year or two. It was probably one of my most anticipated album I had ever waited for (I was lucky, I didn't wait that long). I loved it! It was my favorite NIN album, it was easy to listen to, I loved the artwork, it was the first time I saw NIN live.

Now... listening to it again, I gotta say I feel less impressed. It doesn't strike me like it used too. To be fair, we've had PLENTY of impressive Trent Reznor materials over the years. So back then, there wasn't much to go around. But, in the sea of sounds, With Teeth doesn't stand as much anymore to me. It does have the best 3-last-song on an album ever.

As for the remastering, of course it's noticeable, but I've listen to this album over so many different pairs of headphones and speakers that subtleties don't make much difference to me anymore, the songs stay the same.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Long time no see. Very glad to see we're finally getting With Teeth with a lyric poster! I am a little bummed there's no digital option for Bird Box since I can't afford $80 for a soundtrack set and would love to hear it ... maybe he'll add it down the road?
    Bird Box Abridged is available on digital retailers (like iTunes, TIDAL, etc.), so I think there's a good chance Extended will be available soon too.

For Abridged, it came out on iTunes about a week after the nin.com release.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn, for real? My copy arrived yesterday. Hopefully you get yours soon.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    but I've listen to this album over so many different pairs of headphones and speakers that subtleties don't make much difference to me
    I thought it was just me! I was doing straight A/B testing, switching between DE and my CD rip, and I couldn't tell you which was which, on pricey headphones. I'm glad you don't have to drop three figures to get it on vinyl anymore, but I'm struggling to hear the differences in the remaster, even though I can see on the spectrum analyzer that there are differences. But there are so many people who are like, "I'm hearing things I've never heard before!"