Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think it's time to invoke the 25th when a president says, citizens of the US didn't die and was a plot by the democrats to make him look bad, he no longer has the capacity to be our nations leader
    -louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i think it's time to invoke the 25th when a president says, citizens of the US didn't die and was a plot by the democrats to make him look bad, he no longer has the capacity to be our nations leader
    -louie
    I think the 25th should've been invoked years ago, and that literally nothing he says now will convince the relevant parties otherwise.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

So, is this one a manufactured lie or are they just taking advantage of the fact they had a picture ready to go and it was raining so they couldn't take a new one?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    this claim that the death reports in Puerto Rico are a conspiracy concocted by Democrats trying to make him look bad... this might be the most disgusting, pathetic, fucked up thing he's tweeted yet... and that's somewhat impressive.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ‘Three thousand people did not die’

I don't know how people can read this and think it's supposed to be humor. There are people in the comments and on twitter saying that it's not funny. No shit, Sherlock.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There truly is no basement.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    25 25 25 25
    -louie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Every fucking politician in Congress should denounce Trump's comments about PR/Maria publically. I read both of those studies. He is a self-absorbed sack of shit. And him using those statistics as a political stunt to blame a political party is outright fucking dangerous. He's the most divisive narcissistic human being and it will take decades of undoing to repair what he has done. I swear I think he will incite a fucking civil war if impeachment precedings begin.

Edit: divisive, not "decisive." Not that he decides on anything unless it makes him look good or helps his worshipful followers.
    Last edited by pulse; 09-13-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Every fucking politician in Congress should denounce Trump's comments about PR/Maria publically.
    So far, I think the democrats are stunned as to how to respond to this one... maybe the Republicans are hoping the comments just "go away," like so much of the insane shit he says and does. Meanwhile, seems like the White House is doubling down to defend it

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    If he had lost the election, and we'd gotten Trump TV like he planned on launching after the election, would he be getting banned from every platform in the world right now?

Why is this man still allowed to tweet?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Today's a big day.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Oh I can already see the trembling twitter fingers flying

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Here’s why this deal is pardon proof:
    1. Mueller spent the hour and a half delay in arraignment doing … something. It’s possible Manafort even presented the key parts of testimony Mueller needs from him to the grand jury this morning.
    2. The forfeiture in this plea is both criminal and civil, meaning DOJ will be able to get Manafort’s $46 million even with a pardon.
    3.Some of the dismissed charges are financial ones that can be charged in various states.
    Remember, back in January, Trump told friends and aides that Manafort could incriminate him (the implication was that only Manafort could). I believe Mueller needed Manafort to describe what happened in a June 7, 2016 meeting between the men, in advance of the June 9 meeting. I have long suspected there was another meeting at which Manafort may be the only other Trump aide attendee.
    And Manafort has probably already provided evidence on whatever Mueller needed.
    So here’s what Robert Mueller just did: He sewed up the key witness to implicate the President, and he paid for the entire investigation. And it’s only now lunch time.
    https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/09/1...-pardon-proof/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i find the manifort news interesting and somewhat quiet considering the implications the pr tweet was totally damaging and news that29 million was diverted from fema to ice mostly for detention centers, again we'll have to see how Florence plays out o see how bad this is my own personal belief is that he is growing more and more paranoid and isolating further as well as lashing out a lot of his trusted associates have either flipped or now working with mueller this doesn't leave a lot of options. i think the case against him will be airtight the dem's will win the midterms but removal from office will still take time. i think one telling sign will be if his tweets become even more erratic.Again i think the deal he will be presented with will be one of be one of claiming some form of mental duress and walking. would i rather see him thrown into a dark pit.yes but that's not how it works. i do believe the republican party will be damaged yes. the captain has just turned on "the fasten your seatbelt sign hang tight.
    -louie

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    What the fuck, where are his his meltdown tweets??!?!? Please don't tell me his lawyers finally wrestled his phone away, not now. Come on, I need some high energy all cap freakouts about witch hunts and shit.

Damnit Donny, don't you rob me of this satisfying moment!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Does anyone else actually like Rubio after watching that? I mean, I thought he handled it like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. Always thought he was an empty suit.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    What the fuck, where are his his meltdown tweets??!?!? Please don't tell me his lawyers finally wrestled his phone away, not now. Come on, I need some high energy all cap freakouts about witch hunts and shit.

it’ll happen... give it to the morning, when Fox gives him a way to spin it while simultaneously alerting him to how bad this really is

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    even trump Facebook trolls have been relatively quiet could the end actually be nearing?
    -louie

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Well his recent tweet (inaccurately) reporting on hurricane deaths has an exclamation point, and reading it feels really weird

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    And then there is this:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...?noredirect=on

Never liked Kavanaugh.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Never liked Kavanaugh.
    You're not alone

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I believe Kavanaugh's accuser, what possible motive would she have to lie?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I believe Kavanaugh's accuser, what possible motive would she have to lie?
    If you've only read headlines AND you're a shitty human being: she's just deploying a cheap tactic to try to take a "good man" down.

If you have a brain AND you've read the story (in which it's revealed that she mentioned the incident to her husband 16 years ago and her therapist has notes on it dating back to 2012)...then yeah, hard for even a cynical person to find a reason to go "she's lying".

When it was just a headline and nothing more, I'll admit I was nervous that it was someone desperate to derail him at any costs. I didn't *believe* that was the case, but the thought crossed my mind. I mean....we just got a whole book on Trump's own staff stealing papers from him. This is 2018. People are going to incredible lengths to try to stop this administration. So yes, I did let my mind wander to that as a possibility. But on the whole, I believed the accusation. And as more details came out, it really enhanced said belief.

You know what the sad part is? I can already see it shaking out like this:

-GOP realizes they might not have enough votes. Delay until after midterms.
    -Democrats fail to show up to vote. New GOP members come in.
    -New members vote him in.

In this day and age, it's depressing how easily I can come up with "worst case scenarios" like this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Or Trump could try to have a clean slate with another Federalist-friendly nominee without a history of assaulting women.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    If you've only read headlines AND you're a shitty human being: she's just deploying a cheap tactic to try to take a "good man" down.

If you have a brain AND you've read the story (in which it's revealed that she mentioned the incident to her husband 16 years ago and her therapist has notes on it dating back to 2012)...then yeah, hard for even a cynical person to find a reason to go "she's lying".

When it was just a headline and nothing more, I'll admit I was nervous that it was someone desperate to derail him at any costs. I didn't *believe* that was the case, but the thought crossed my mind. I mean....we just got a whole book on Trump's own staff stealing papers from him. This is 2018. People are going to incredible lengths to try to stop this administration. So yes, I did let my mind wander to that as a possibility. But on the whole, I believed the accusation. And as more details came out, it really enhanced said belief.

You know what the sad part is? I can already see it shaking out like this:

-GOP realizes they might not have enough votes. Delay until after midterms.
    -Democrats fail to show up to vote. New GOP members come in.
    -New members vote him in.

In this day and age, it's depressing how easily I can come up with "worst case scenarios" like this.
    Unfortunately you are probably right. The dems are fucking awful. Not one of them has demanded a hearing on trump being named a co conspirator in the Cohen case. How is that possible?! Why aren’t they raising a stink about it? If it was Obama, the republicans would’ve had emergency hearings that fucking night of the Cohen hearing. They would be chomping at the bit to be the first to call out the president’s possible criminal activity. The dems have no strategy. They should’ve had their own hearings about it and demanded that the kavanaugh hearings be delayed until mueller’s investigation has cleared the presumably innocent president. I think both sides are just terrible. Do your fucking job senate dems, please.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Unfortunately you are probably right. The dems are fucking awful. Not one of them has demanded a hearing on trump being named a co conspirator in the Cohen case. How is that possible?! Why aren’t they raising a stink about it? If it was Obama, the republicans would’ve had emergency hearings that fucking night of the Cohen hearing. They would be chomping at the bit to be the first to call out the president’s possible criminal activity. The dems have no strategy. They should’ve had their own hearings about it and demanded that the kavanaugh hearings be delayed until mueller’s investigation has cleared the presumably innocent president. I think both sides are just terrible. Do your fucking job senate dems, please.
    Here's my guess - They're going to hold hearings if the power shifts in the midterm elections and they're choosing to sit on it for right now because it wouldn't lead anywhere due to their lack of power. The message on the trail is focus on healthcare and the tax cuts for the super rich and corporations and that it all ties into corruption. Once they get power, and especially if they can overcome the awful math of the senate races and gain a majority there, then the hearings begin in January of 2019 about our un-indicted co-conspirator-in-chief, Donald Trump. Given how Trump continues to tweet about witch hunts and whatnot, he wants them to bring this up.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Exactly, @Lt. Randazzo . It's the same reason almost no one is talking impeachment.

I think the dems are afraid of further galvanizing trump supporters ahead of the midterm elections.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Here's my guess - They're going to hold hearings if the power shifts in the midterm elections and they're choosing to sit on it for right now because it wouldn't lead anywhere due to their lack of power. The message on the trail is focus on healthcare and the tax cuts for the super rich and corporations and that it all ties into corruption. Once they get power, and especially if they can overcome the awful math of the senate races and gain a majority there, then the hearings begin in January of 2019 about our un-indicted co-conspirator-in-chief, Donald Trump. Given how Trump continues to tweet about witch hunts and whatnot, he wants them to bring this up.
    But is that working for them? Can they get the votes they need while playing it safe and sitting on their hands, waiting for mueller’s investigation to end? In order for there to be a blue wave, they need to fight a little dirtier and inspire people to support the fight. Obama and the fbi kept quiet about Russian interference during the election and look where that got us. Trump keeps saying “witch hunt” but they’re finding witches. The dems should use that the way the republicans would. Like a weapon. (How many Benghazi hearings did they have?)
    Meanwhile the senate is acting like nothing is illegitimate about the president and confirming his scotus nominations is business as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    it's getting really desperate on the GOP end. I swear to fuck though; if this "blue wave" doesn't happen on some functional level, I'm out of this place. I can't take another two years of unchecked Trump bullshit. I have a Canadian passport. I will pack my shit up and leave... and while people often say things like this, I actually REALLY mean it. I do not believe my sanity can survive much more of this.