Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I too have small noggin problems. Dad hat just arrived and it fits great
    Awesome thanks. I may just have to order myself one then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    would you mind taking pictures of front and back of it?

I am incredibly proud of myself for figuring out how to post pictures
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 09-24-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    just got my order from NIN store with my Health x NIN 7", White NIN Shirt, Woodstock Shirt and Regular White Logo Cap. Everything came fine, although they slipped the vinyl inside a UPS envelope inside the cardboard box. I guess that's fine for a small vinyl.
    Also, gotta say, that Woodstock shirt is NICE! So glad I grabbed it while it's still available.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Anyone notice that the zip up hoodie in the UK shop has a black zipper? I'm thinking about ordering this but does anyone have any experience with the fit of this specific hoodie? (Does it run big or fitted?) Ordering from US so I'd rather get the size order right the first time. Thanks!

https://store-uk.nin.com/collections...-zip-up-hoodie
    Hey, did you ever get a response to your question? I'm also thinking about getting one, and wondering the same thing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Hey, did you ever get a response to your question? I'm also thinking about getting one, and wondering the same thing.
    No, I did not. If you check the page now, the product image has been updated to the white zipper. I kinda' wish I had ordered it when they had the black zipper up... a gamble I missed out on. Oh well, hopefully nin merch will come to their senses and make a product change to a black zipper. We are nin fans, not Kanye West fans. Who would choose a black hoodie with a white zipper? Not this goth. It's a little to main stream GAP/ Old Navy for me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://store.nin.com/collections/fe...control-beanie

Uh, I know it's a lyric but in the current climate it's a little antagonistic, yeah?

Or am I missing the irony?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Uh, I know it's a lyric but in the current climate it's a little antagonistic, yeah?

I'm surprised it's not a red beanie TBH, i yikes'd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Current times also call for that kind of edge. I mean it's so easy to see it being misappropriated sure,but you run that risk with any edgy material you put out into the world.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think I'd rather die than wear this...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd rather die than wear this, and have people think I'm an anti-vaxxer.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You couldn't pay me to wear shit like that. Or maybe i'm just old, who knows.. I have a hard time believing this met TR's approval. I'm well beyond teenage angst that i need to wear it.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    It's the words from the song they've played live more than any other song in the entire catalog, by over 100, and for the last two decades, it's usually accompanied by the entire audience singing those words.

But sure, turn your nose up I guess. Yikes indeed.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Better than it saying:

I'M GONNA CUM

ALL OVER YOU

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Better than it saying:

I'M GONNA CUM

ALL OVER YOU
    Shoot shoot shoot shoot!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The sentiment of Head Like A Hole still applies. The anti-vax message or movement is still a mode of control. I know they think they are fighting for individual choice or freedom or whatever, but it's still group think. I know I don't need to get into this right now about a beanie, but it does sort of bring up something interesting. I was thinking about how something like the concept of fight the power has been usurped by the Right, and how this version of it as a cultural phenomenon seems to be sort of new-ish. The fact that our first reactions are how the meaning could now belong to this other thing. I know militia groups have been on the rise for a while and there was a grass roots aspect to the Teaparty, but this seems to be more of a classic archetype that traditionally has been levied against the conservative and powerful. Or, if it as been used by conservatives it was generally against things like communism or immoral behavior. It is strange to think about something like Year Zero which falls into that traditional genre of storytelling whose antagonist is authoritarian -spiritually conservative-anti common man power machine, could now be used and have in audiance among a culture that finds themselves on the conservative or right-wing side of Sam's Club Republicanism. I know I am making sweeping generalizations here, and not trying to offend or judge, but as I said in the beginning the sentiment still stands. Fighting for authentic freedom of mind in the screaming white noise blizzard of instant hyper mediation that we live in, is still a thing worth understanding and fighting for regardless of which side of the political line you fall on.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I ordered two! fight me.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I have a hard time believing this met TR's approval.
    MQ posted about it in her IG stories and linked to the store so 100% chance it's fully sanctioned. Besides, do we really think anything hits the store without approval?

This isn't my cup of tea at this stage in my life but between the Captain Marvel tie-in and Halsey they're potentially picking up fans who are in that stage of life and if that's the case...go on get paid.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm so hard on the fence on that hat because I've literally been waiting for a new NIN beanie (only kind of hat I wear) and I do love that line. But. It's the same as wanting a hat but it's a red baseball cap with capitalized white lettering... a lot of people are going to think you're making a statement that you 100% ARE NOT intending to make. Hell, with absolutely ZERO clothing/accessory items on me to point in that direction, simply having a beard and being cis white passing was enough for a bunch of Trumpers to think I was on their side when I covered a rally for the local paper.

At the end of the day, this phrase can be pointed toward anything, like so many of the mask patches you could mean it one way and others would think you meant the other. But this is 100% how I'm feeling about a lot of shit right now so I'm probably going to get it and hope someone speaks up and thinks I'm some anti-science nutjob so I can laugh in their face and tell em off.

I'd rather die than give anti-science fuckfaces control over what I want to wear.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I bought a wonderful shirt from Atari Teenage Riot about a decade ago, emblazoned in bold text on the front was the phrase "Keep the internet free from government control"

As national politics shifted, I started getting liberatrians coming up to me on the streets of Philadelphia trying to start conversations that did not go in the direction they were intending.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's all fun and games until that beanie starts getting you Nazi and QAnus salutes...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    It's the words from the song they've played live more than any other song in the entire catalog, by over 100, and for the last two decades, it's usually accompanied by the entire audience singing those words.

But sure, turn your nose up I guess. Yikes indeed.
    Completely get you, but for me it's about context. Wearing a shirt that says "ADD VIOLENCE" to a NIN show is fine (except for maybe being "that guy who wears the shirt of the band" etc etc etc.), but, out of context, the wrong person sees it and something bad happens. Same thing with this hat. Personally, I never bought a shirt with the words "WITH TEETH" on it, because I feel like I'm going around telling passersby "Hello, yes, I have teeth!".

All that said...I did wear the "Starfuckers" shirt for a lot of college.

*shrug*

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Completely get you, but for me it's about context. Wearing a shirt that says "ADD VIOLENCE" to a NIN show is fine (except for maybe being "that guy who wears the shirt of the band" etc etc etc.), but, out of context, the wrong person sees it and something bad happens. Same thing with this hat. Personally, I never bought a shirt with the words "WITH TEETH" on it, because I feel like I'm going around telling passersby "Hello, yes, I have teeth!".

All that said...I did wear the "Starfuckers" shirt for a lot of college.

*shrug*
    I immediately thought of "Add Violence."
    I wanted Add Violence gear at first, but then i sort of thought, wait...what in the hell will people think THIS shit means?

"VIOLENCE is the answer, everyone!"

This is especially true when you don't go to the city much, and 100% of people you encounter aren't aware of the record.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Is it so wrong...to just want a white beanie that says EVERYTHING on one side and I HAVE SURVIVED on the other?! C'mon! It's the holidays!!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Completely get you, but for me it's about context. Wearing a shirt that says "ADD VIOLENCE" to a NIN show is fine (except for maybe being "that guy who wears the shirt of the band" etc etc etc.), but, out of context, the wrong person sees it
    I'm such an idiot, I was halfway through our vacation in Cambodia when I realized that maybe wearing my Add Violence shirt everywhere in a place that went through a genocide that murdered a quarter or the population wasn't cool... I still cringe at myself!!!!
    Last edited by hellospaceboy; 11-28-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I'm such an idiot, I was halfway through our vacation in Cambodia when I realized that maybe wearing my Add Violence shirt everywhere in a place that went through a genocide that murdered a quarter or the population isn't cool... I still cringe at myself!!!!
    On the same trip I wore my Lords Of Acid shirt (for like 3 minutes before I turned it inside out) in the United Arab Emirates... it had a man in drag fondling a blow up sex doll on the front. The back said It's All Pink On The Inside.
    I'm clearly a fuckin' genius.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I'm such an idiot, I was halfway through our vacation in Cambodia when I realized that maybe wearing my Add Violence shirt everywhere in a place that went through a genocide that murdered a quarter or the population wasn't cool... I still cringe at myself!!!!
    It's understandable, though. It happens.

I have a friend who was playing on one of those music cruise things, and his band has shirts with the original map of The Republic of Texas, with the date...the date Texas won independence from Mexico. And the cruise had docked in Cancun or something, and my friend messaged me to tell me about all the cool shit he'd seen...
    and then he suddenly realized what shirt he was wearing. He'd been walking around Mexico wearing that shirt, and he's about as pale white as it gets.
    This was in the big ass middle of Mexico's Paying For The Border Wall, too.

It was pretty damn funny.

SO, BACK ON TOPIC

Do any of you guys own the "flight jacket?"
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-28-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wore my Add Violence hat everywhere last winter and didn't get so much as a single bad glance out of it. You sure you guys aren't just projecting your anxieties that anyone gives a shit about what you wear? People have bigger things to worry about then read too much into your clothing to make a scene.
    Last edited by Something Underneath; 12-23-2021 at 06:23 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I've literally been wearing my Add Violence, Used To Stand For Something, and Survivalism shirts on a regular basis. To my 100% customer-facing job. But I've also been in that kind of mood for the past... few years now.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I've literally been wearing my Add Violence, Used To Stand For Something, and Survivalism shirts on a regular basis. To my 100% customer-facing job. But I've also been in that kind of mood for the past... few years now.
    I wear the "broken 2020" shirt around here and have DEFINITELY caught some angry looks. Regarding said "mood," i ALSO wear a black hoodie that just says TREACEROUS on it in big ass letters (along with a military style "giraffe neck" up to my eyes as a covid mask.) I finally decided, fuck it, i WANT to scare these rednecks.

I ALSO think @Something Underneath has a point, though, and it reminds me of a quote by David Foster Wallace, which is this:

"You'll stop caring what people think of you when you realize how seldom they do."

So, AGAIN

Flight Jacket? Anyone?
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-29-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Flight Jacket? Anyone?
    I have one!
    I haven't worn it yet or even cut the tags off of it, but it looks really well made and I love it.