Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    So, Russell Brand is another piece of shit, huh?
    He always was a slimy grifter.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    So, Russell Brand is another piece of shit, huh?
    I can only imagine there's an NDA or something in his divorce paperwork that's keeping Katy Perry quiet.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Victim punches pedophile baby-sitter, 80, in court as he is spared prison time
    Avictim of child sexual abuse punched his convicted former baby-sitter in court after the sex offender avoided a prison sentence.

Tylor Fu, 29, punched Richard Gross, 80, in the face during the sentencing hearing on October 2, according to authorities.

‘The justice system failed me in this case and didn’t sentence Richard Gross to any prison time even though the grand jury initially charged him with 26 felonies,’ wrote Fu in a GoFundMe page he set up for himself.‘I know there are many children and adults that have experienced this and I want you to know that you have the power to come out with it, tells your loved ones, report your abusers to law enforcement, and find justice.’

The GoFundMe had more than $5,300 in donations as of Monday evening.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Was this posted anywhere yet?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    @Erneuert , but this is referring to an incident where he spit on a camera person?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yes, arguably off topic because it's a no-contest plea to an assault charge, not sexual assault. He still stands accused of sexual assault, mind you, which has not yet reached a courtroom, I don't think.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Oh my bad, still looks like a sorry ass.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    How did Aziz Ansari address it? I don’t recall much and his incident was the one that upset me most. I kept waiting for something...sensitive and intelligent? But nothing much made my radar.

EDIT: I’m sorry; I should clarify “upset me most.” Ansari’s, um, “sexual asshattery” was the behavior I was most personally irked to learn about because I was a big fan, and was invested in my idea of his character. I was obviously more upset and outraged by other monsters, but none of the revelations about others made me personally feel like I’d been betrayed. If that makes sense.
    It makes a lot of sense. For a lot of people, Bill Cosby was a father figure. Louis CK had hilarious and blunt insight into human nature that really dug in, in a way that was relatable. It was hard to listen to some of his bits and not think "this guy gets me." So it's really strange to then have to tackle that in their personal life, these people can be completely different people than what they seemed... in a way that predators often do I guess.

I'm not saying anything about Aziz... actually this is the first I've heard of this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I wonder if this has anything to do with Cohen's book coming out soon.

Also why do they keep the blackmailer around instead of going to the cops? Isn't that a dumb movie trope?

What? A high-profile Christian is not what he appears to be in public? I'm shocked I tell you.

Last edited by allegate; 08-24-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Also why do they keep the blackmailer around instead of going to the cops? Isn't that a dumb movie trope?
    Seems like, given his "occupation", going to the cops would be more damaging to his "reputation" by risking a public spectacle. This is the problem with preaching hyper-morality publicly while enjoying level 10 kink in private. Comeuppance is a bitch. (cumuppance?)