Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Show me the way, please. You cleary have it all figured out.

I wonder how high above us you can levitate.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Show me the way, please. You cleary have it all figured out.

I wonder how high above us you can levitate.
    If you're not an EtS troll, then surely you'd know by now that several responses like this in a row (and the ensuing facepalms from two admins), coupled with a low participation rate overall, means you're close to being banned right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    If you're not an EtS troll, then surely you'd know by now that several responses like this in a row (and the ensuing facepalms from two admins), coupled with a low participation rate overall, means you're close to being banned right?
    Banned for what? I try to keep it classy and not insult people, but I admit that it’s not always the case.

It’s a very touchy subject, I get it, but it doesn’t cease to amaze me how some people her would rather insult and offend, while patting themselves on the back... how is that supposed to lead to some kind of mutual understanding? There doesn’t seem to be a desire for an actual conversation other than that one going on between people who agree with each other. There is no room for debate whatsoever.

The ironic thing is that it’s that attitude that ends up creating negative responses. Why not being constructive and work towards something and help people understand certain things instead of being so angry and destructive? How are more people supposed to learn, grow and follow you if the first reaction to any question is to insult?

My first question was valid. And no, I was not trolling as some people here choose to see it. I shouldn’t have to explain myself, but here I go:

I do not follow news. Not on tv, not on the radio, not online. Mostly because when I had the news widget on my phone activated, all
    I got in the morning was bad news. And i noticed how going down that rabbit hole had absolutely ZERO positive impact in my life, au contraire.

So, yeah, I’m disconnected from that whole washroom debate, and the original post that i quoted was written in a way that would lead anyone who doesn’t follow the subject to believe that there are morons out there trying to keep trans people from using public washrooms (which is stupid, but hey, it wouldn’t be surprising).

So there you go. My mistake was not being up to date on the public washroom debate and reading a poorly written post.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    My mistake was not being up to date on the public washroom debate
    slow clap for you, my friend. This is the correct response. If you have any opinions about gender and bathroom assignments, feel free to continue the discussion. But don't expect people to cater to your ignorance on the subject. Especially one that is a hot button topic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sexual Asshatery in the News

Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    slow clap for you, my friend. This is the correct response. If you have any opinions about gender and bathroom assignments, feel free to continue the discussion. But don't expect people to cater to your ignorance on the subject. Especially one that is a hot button topic.
    The mistake part was sarcasm. Why would i be expected to be up to date on the subject (or any other for that matter)? Has being insulted ever led you to develop an interest in what the other person is saying? That’s the most backwards way to go at it.

I never expected anyone to “cater to my ignorance”, that’s a very arrogant statement. “Hot button topic” seems to be synonymous with condescension and a free pass to insult others while looking oh so tolerant and enlightened.

Just give trans people their own washrooms. Clearly, some people won’t be comfortable around them in the male or female washrooms.

Of course it’s not as easy, but it will happen anyway, it’s just a matter of time (and money), in the same way that ramps and special washrooms/stalls were installed for people with disabilities cause the existing ones were inaccessible.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    The mistake part was sarcasm. Why would i be expected to be up to date on the subject (or any other for that matter)?
    Usually, people are held to the high standard that when they talk about shit they are expected to be familiar with the shit they're talking about.

Just give trans people their own washrooms. Clearly, some people won’t be comfortable around them in the male or female washrooms.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    *nonsense*
    Yeah, a "transgeder-only" bathroom is the way to go. Right.