Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    May he rot in prison forever

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i don't know if anyone's been following what's been happening in the UK (or as i like to call it now, Hell Island!) we have a number of really fucking shit issues, mostly showing how out of touch our government is with "the people".

So last year sarah everard was raped and killed while walking home, it was later found it was a police officer. During the whole trail the gov/police handled it like you'd expect...terribly (arresting people at her vigil, covering for the officer, etc) now that he has been found guilty the official response from the Police/Gov is not to reform, but that if you think your being arrested by someone sus you should "run away and wave down a bus".... i'm NOT JOKING. Completely missing the point that Sarah was being arrested by an actual serving police officer. And what do you think will happen to anyone not white? They'll be charged with resisting arrest...i'm honestly gobsmacked by how fucking stupid are elected officials are, like Christ on a Bike things are fucked here and that's not even mentioning the fuel panic buying, empty shelves due to brexit, energy companies going under left and right due to teh cost of gas (Brexit again) and some might not have gas this winter and all the rest of the nonsense here!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 10-01-2021 at 05:29 AM. Reason: I can't spell!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That story is absolutely horrifying. He arrested her for “violating the Covid curfew” or some nonsense and she fully complied; he handcuffed her, drove her to a remote location, raped her, murdered her, then set her body on fire. And the police botched everything about it. The guy has been accused of indecent exposure a few times, before.

How can any woman - or anyone - ever trust the police, again?

We will not forget you, Sarah.

Last edited by allegro; 10-02-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That story is absolutely horrifying. He arrested her for “violating the Covid curfew” or some nonsense and she fully complied; he handcuffed her, drove her to a remote location, raped her, murdered her, then set her body on fire. And the police botched everything about it. The guy has been accused of indecent exposure a few times, before.

How can any woman - or anyone - ever trust the police, again?
    He was known in the force as "The Rapist" ...AND NOBODY QUESTIONED IT! There has been NO attempt by the force to learn anything from this, that's how fucking rotten they are! I know it's different from what's happening in the states, but it is so fucking rancid, again with the list of other things broken here has me seriously considering leaving. If i can turn my drawing into a full time thing i could get out of here and live anywhere, i here Canada's nice...

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    He was known in the force as "The Rapist" ...AND NOBODY QUESTIONED IT! There has been NO attempt by the force to learn anything from this, that's how fucking rotten they are! I know it's different from what's happening in the states, but it is so fucking rancid, again with the list of other things broken here has me seriously considering leaving. If i can turn my drawing into a full time thing i could get out of here and live anywhere, i here Canada's nice...

Police (or military) by nature attract people who can turn out to be this. Being a policeman is a shitty job with a shitty pay but the government obviously needs them. They have no incentive to purge their policemen because if they were to send away 1/3 of their units and pay who knows how much for having a therapy session in every X weeks for all of them, they would just find themselves facing a different problem.

As for leaving, I don't know how much better off you would be. Everyone thinks their country is one of the most corrupt shithole ever, but really, how many places are there where you wouldn't find some mindless orcs as policemen? If you ever find a country where all policemen have phd, then that country is already in anarchy, because a few dozen smart man will never be able to do the tasks which require much higher manpower. It's also not like in Britain you have news like this every single week, it's "just" an outlier which is the top of the iceberg. Most bad seed policemen are "just" lazy, corrupt or power-hungry, but not actual rapists and murderers. The US being an exception because of their gun culture.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Then, knowing that this job does tend to attract this sort of sociopath, we need better and more discerning people to handle the hiring and firing… because the job also does attract very empathetic people who want to do some good

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Police (or military) by nature attract people who can turn out to be this. Being a policeman is a shitty job with a shitty pay but the government obviously needs them. They have no incentive to purge their policemen because if they were to send away 1/3 of their units and pay who knows how much for having a therapy session in every X weeks for all of them, they would just find themselves facing a different problem.

As for leaving, I don't know how much better off you would be. Everyone thinks their country is one of the most corrupt shithole ever, but really, how many places are there where you wouldn't find some mindless orcs as policemen? If you ever find a country where all policemen have phd, then that country is already in anarchy, because a few dozen smart man will never be able to do the tasks which require much higher manpower. It's also not like in Britain you have news like this every single week, it's "just" an outlier which is the top of the iceberg. Most bad seed policemen are "just" lazy, corrupt or power-hungry, but not actual rapists and murderers. The US being an exception because of their gun culture.
    The issues with the force wasn't the reason i wanted to leave practically, it's the avalanche of other shit here. We currently have patrol stations closed because we can't get enough fuel, certain items are sold out and we can't restock (brexit causing the issues) certain fast food chains haven't had items (again brexit) the virus is STILL HERE but our PM said we were coming out of lockdown and many would die but we'll just have to deal with it...that's something he ACTAULLY SAID IN A PRESS ON NATIONAL TV! Energy companies are going bankrupt due to sky rocketing gas prices, and some people are at risk of not having gas this winter. The thing with the police is the very tip of an absolute cluster of a fucked country and that's just the bits from the last few weeks!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This story really disturbed me too, something about the method of entrapment and coercion that video of her talking to him is so chilling, being basically kidnapped in a busy residential area with many cars passing by and other pedestrians, agreeing in this setting to putting on your killers handcuffs. It's just not how it normally works. Almost everyone would do what Sarah Everard did.
    Its definetly changed my attitude to how I view police in the future. I will never respond to a lone policeman the same again. Especially in a city like London with 15 million people with enough problems with the police force the scale of the damage and the problems facing the police force is huge.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Exocet , I totally agree with you.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Reports now coming out someone on that rapist officers team has now been charged himself with a rape from last year...and you know what's fucked about it? They probably wouldn't have even charged the guy if the whole Sarah thing hadn't happened. I already had a low opioion of them thanks to seeing how they treat black folks in my area and how they acted when i went to football games, but this is beyond redeemable at this point.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    They should bring Sudekis back for an episode after that news came out from France:

More than 200,000 children sexually abused by French Catholic clergy, damning report finds

side note: The Catholic Church's Latest Scandal Is Really Strange - The Atlantic

OK, that's wild.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Holy Jesus. Fuck sake.

What CAUSES this awful shit? It it th chastity thing?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What CAUSES this awful shit? Is it the chastity thing?
    I've always suspected that's the primary cause. It certainly isn't helping. In their attempt to suppress sexuality and sexual desires/urges, they often end up finding an outlet in secret with those around them who are most vulnerable, which is unfortunately the young boys & girls assisting them as altar servers. If their religion would just allow them to be married and have relationships (not limited to the opposite sex, either) like everyone else and not deny them such a basic & fundamental part of life, I think they'd see a sharp decline in this horrendous behavior. Instead, they just keeping covering it up and perpetuating this ugly and sinister cycle of abuse.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The Jungian conception of Enantiodromia springs to mind.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    And in the latest twist from Plague Island...

So, the Police have deiced that if your stopped you can have the plain clothes officer "facetime" an in uniform officer to confirm they are an officer...somewhat forgetting the event that caused this was AN ACTUAL OFFICER RAPED AND KILLED SOMEONE AND ALL HIS OFFICER FRIENDS IN HIS WHATAPP GROUPS KNEW HE WAS A RAPIST AND EVEN SPOKE UP IN SUPPORT OF HIM, HOW DOES THIS FUCKING FIX ANYTHING YOU FUCKING IDIOTS?!

This is, predictably, getting absolutely mocked on all socials. But as our island has shown, nobody in any position of power will give a toss. It's great here...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Welcome to security theater! You can't escape it in the US.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This piece of shit needs to be flushed...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ncil-1.6219600

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Am I reading the articles right? The Queen has gotten Andrew off the hook?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Am I reading the articles right? The Queen has gotten Andrew off the hook?
    It wouldn't surprise me. I already have a strong dislike for them but they have shown they have no desire for any of them to be held accountable for anything...well any that are blood related.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. I already have a strong dislike for them but they have shown they have no desire for any of them to be held accountable for anything...well any that are blood related.
    The article I read today even says the Queen had something to do with Epstein’s death.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    The article I read today even says the Queen had something to do with Epstein’s death.
    It’s a U.S. Federal detention facility. The Queen has no power, here.

Epstein committed suicide.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    https://pitchfork.com/news/kanye-wes...estream-today/
    https://metalinjection.net/satanism/...-justin-bieber

It STILL fucking blows my mind that after years of being the performative "antichrist superstar", this piece of shit is still trying to be a Christian or some shit nowadays.
    Last edited by richardp; 11-01-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    https://pitchfork.com/news/kanye-wes...estream-today/
    https://metalinjection.net/satanism/...-justin-bieber

It STILL fucking blows my mind that after years of being the performative "antichrist superstar", this piece of shit is still trying to be a Christian or some shit nowadays.
    Has he been fronting as a Christian in other ways? I haven't kept up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, nothing against anyones beliefs, and I wish anyone to find peace however it suits them… but that’s just a level of self absorbing twatness I’ve rarely seen.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Why are they all wearing wellies?!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Good ole Brian Warner trying to use a modified Kevin Spacey PR move.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Manson is letting himself be used as a religious prop by a narcissistic person who is clearly unstable. He’s probably in full “tie yourself to the mast” mode. None of these decisions are well thought out

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Manson is letting himself be used as a religious prop by a narcissistic person who is clearly unstable. He’s probably in full “tie yourself to the mast” mode. None of these decisions are well thought out
    I think Ye is bonkers and Manson is just desperate for any kind of validation. What’s in it for Justin Bieber? I really don’t get it

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I think Ye is bonkers and Manson is just desperate for any kind of validation. What’s in it for Justin Bieber? I really don’t get it
    Bieber is "born again Christian".

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah, Kanye is definitely the worst person in this scenario.