Thread: JFK assassination

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Sorry, did I say it was a government building or not in 1963?

I think it would be more about protecting sources than obscuring secret narratives. If there's a deeper connection between an involved party and the USSR... why on earth would cold war America want to cover that up? Surely any chance to portray the reds as malign puppet masters would be seized

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sorry, did I say it was a government building or not in 1963?

I think it would be more about protecting sources than obscuring secret narratives. If there's a deeper connection between an involved party and the USSR... why on earth would cold war America want to cover that up? Surely any chance to portray the reds as malign puppet masters would be seized
    You wondered about security at the book depository; there was no reason to have it back then. No reason to question the activity.

I think if we had some covert operations in the Kremlin or Cuba and the FBI investigation touched on players in something top secret, and nobody expected that these documents would ever be released to the public, there could be some things the Government still doesn’t want us to know. Yes, protecting sources AND protecting covert operations and operatives.

Like, maybe something to do with this shit: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-13066561
    Last edited by allegro; 11-22-2017 at 12:26 PM.