Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross Cover John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Theme (2017)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    When anyone gets their Orange vinyl, any good images of credits, barcode and details would be appreciated to update the nincatalog listing.
    I wish I had access to a BIG scanner...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Get the fuck outta here...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow... that was fast!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wow, lol. That's really fast.

I saw someone on the NIN subreddit got theirs today too. Made me salty when mine wasn't on my porch.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So, is it safe to say the orange vinyl was only through online sales and not through local record stores? I am kicking myself right now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My label has been created but I have no tracking activity. Lucky Southwesterns!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    So, is it safe to say the orange vinyl was only through online sales and not through local record stores? I am kicking myself right now.
    I went to my local record shop to ask about it and they told me their distributor weren't getting either version. I ended up ordering the standard black version on ebay for less than $20.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    My label has been created but I have no tracking activity. Lucky Southwesterns!
    Check ups.com instead. Mine is scheduled for Thursday.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Check ups.com instead. Mine is scheduled for Thursday.
    That did it! Mine is scheduled for Wednesday.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So, I have a few different Orange Vinyl orders because it was super sketchy who was selling it... I'm going to end up with extras for sure, how many, that I don't know yet because some orders where canceled but then charged. I'll keep people posted but I'll sell my extras to you guys for fuckyou scalper money, lol, j/k. I'll sell them to real fans for my cost plus shipping.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    So, I have a few different Orange Vinyl orders because it was super sketchy who was selling it... I'm going to end up with extras for sure, how many, that I don't know yet because some orders where canceled but then charged. I'll keep people posted but I'll sell my extras to you guys for fuckyou scalper money, lol, j/k. I'll sell them to real fans for my cost plus shipping.
    If I can, I would love to grab one off from you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    If I can, I would love to grab one off from you.
    Cool, your first for sure, PM me!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has already been asked but can anyone confirm for me the vinyl version of T&A's Halloween is different or the same as the digital version please?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @caca , thanks for the awesome scans. I uploaded the images over to nincatalog

http://nincatalog.com/films-and-soun...-vinyl12-1497/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked but can anyone confirm for me the vinyl version of T&A's Halloween is different or the same as the digital version please?
    Having just listened to a vinyl rip, it is different. Most of the track is completely new, with completely different instruments, with a few parts taken from the digital version.
    Last edited by zecho; 10-23-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    For those who've received theirs: download card or no?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Having just listened to a vinyl rip, it is different. Most of the track is completely new, with completely different instruments, with a few parts taken from the digital version.
    wait, seriously? that's confusing as hell.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wait, seriously? that's confusing as hell.
    Yep, it is, i heard a vinyl rip recently and it's a lot different to the digital release version. I would like to know if the vinyl comes with a download code for the vinyl version.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I hate to ask the question, but are you sure you're not listening to the John Carpenter version?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Where is this vinyl rip?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The new listing for it on Bandcamp has the same version that was released last year, and there's been no mention of it being a remixed version. I too would be curious to hear if it's a different version.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There's a vinyl rip on nin subreddit if anyone wants to hear the vinyl version. It indeed is different.
    A minute shorter, and without the loud noisy outro.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yup. Definitely two versions. I understand a new version makes it more worthwhile for people that bought the digital version of the original mix, but I feel if they were gonna do an alternate mix they should have nixed Carpenter's original from side B and put the original TRAR mix there. I personally like the original mix better.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Black Vinyl for Halloween up on nin.com

https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...12994337275981

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    OK, so I listened to the vinyl rip, and here are the things I noticed that are different.

First of all, it's not drastically different, as some of the descriptions here implied. The biggest difference is the different instrumentation for the main piano melodic line. Whereas the original used something that's (for lack of a better word) plinky and flat, the new version uses something that sounds a little more electronic and with some reverb and it sounds closer to the original.

Otherwise everything is about the same (until the ending), with just a couple minor alterations, like removing the dissonant (wrong?) notes at 3:45, and removing the lingering dissonant notes from 4:40-4:50. There's a rhythmic background sound that starts earlier at about 2:20; it doesn't show up in the original until about 2:42. A ghostly moaning sound might have been removed, starting at about 5:15.

And then starting at about 5:50, for the last minute of the new version, it diverges in that it doesn't add the driving bass and drums, but fades out with the existing elements instead.

I think that's about it. Any other perceived changes are probably just due to EQ or other vinyl sound quality differences. I think there's a bit of wow on the turntable that was used for playback causing a little distortion. Oh, and the L/R channels are reversed compared to the original. I doubt TRAR did that, so the person who digitized this probably got their cables backwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    For those who've received theirs: download card or no?
    Nope, not in my one which was from the UK store.

Can't believe the pumpkin one has sold out already, how many copies were there???

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    OK, so I listened to the vinyl rip, and here are the things I noticed that are different.

First of all, it's not drastically different
    Your description is almost entirely accurate, but I would personally consider that to be drastically different. The only thing not changed for significant lengths is some of the background instrumentation, and even some of that is changed. Towards the end of the middle section, and for the entirety of the ending section, around half of all sounds are different.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

First of all, it's not drastically different, as some of the descriptions here implied. The biggest difference is the different instrumentation for the main piano melodic line. Whereas the original used something that's (for lack of a better word) plinky and flat, the new version uses something that sounds a little more electronic and with some reverb and it sounds closer to the original.

Otherwise everything is about the same (until the ending), with just a couple minor alterations, like removing the dissonant (wrong?) notes at 3:45, and removing the lingering dissonant notes from 4:40-4:50. There's a rhythmic background sound that starts earlier at about 2:20; it doesn't show up in the original until about 2:42. A ghostly moaning sound might have been removed, starting at about 5:15.

And then starting at about 5:50, for the last minute of the new version, it diverges in that it doesn't add the driving bass and drums, but fades out with the existing elements instead.

I think that's about it. Any other perceived changes are probably just due to EQ or other vinyl sound quality differences. I think there's a bit of wow on the turntable that was used for playback causing a little distortion. Oh, and the L/R channels are reversed compared to the original. I doubt TRAR did that, so the person who digitized this probably got their cables backwards.
    they removed the end which is the best bit of the remake and what the entire track builds up to?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    they removed the end which is the best bit of the remake and what the entire track builds up to?
    yeah that's pretty fucking disappointing...why on earth would they do that?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Your description is almost entirely accurate, but I would personally consider that to be drastically different. The only thing not changed for significant lengths is some of the background instrumentation, and even some of that is changed. Towards the end of the middle section, and for the entirety of the ending section, around half of all sounds are different.
    Not really. The only instrumentation that's been changed is the main piano motif. Aside from that, I think most people listening to them in succession would be hard-pressed to note any differences between the two until the final minute, because the few changes I noted are really subtle.