Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
I rather enjoyed the last episode, Pria, but am confused. If they destroyed the worm hole and Pria will never come back in time in the first place, won't that mean she won't be there to save them from being destroyed?
Hahahaha fucking time travel, man i don't know.

I think because she had already altered events by saving them before the wormhole was destroyed the crew somehow got a reprieve in that time wouldn't reverse itself to course correct on their present existence, perhaps they're now in their own Kelvin timeline and they're actually dead in the Prime one lmao

Just saw the episode.

Is it possible that this could be a causal loop or a bootstrap paradox? For instance, what if the Orville was originally on a trajectory that wouldn’t have encountered the storm. But by traveling into the past and sending the distress signal Pria altered their course and set into motion a series of events which placed the Orville on a new trajectory fated to intersect with the dark matter storm and destroy the ship. If something like this were so, it could have been her presence altering the timeline that created the very event in the past that she traveled there to save the Orville from. Then by destroying the wormhole the causality loop ends preventing it from ever beginning in the first place and dooming the Orville and her crew. After all, we only have Pria’s word that the Orville is inevitably destroyed, but we never actually see the timeline play out without her interference, so how do we know it’s true? See graph below.