Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I’m okay without it and am really happy that Copy of A is the song that’s been kept around from that album.
    Dont get me wrong I love Copy, but i need to hear that wwwwwbbbbbing noise!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Trent needs to bring back CBH this tour!
    I’m okay without it and am really happy that Copy of A is the song that’s been kept around from that album.
    CBH seemed to get a really lukewarm response from the crowd at the shows I was at in 2013-14. I think musicians and bands expect some type of response for a particular song, that probably was they what they were hoping. Probably a reason that it wasn’t included last year. I personally hope it doesn’t appear again. Copy of A seems like a staple, and personally like the tune.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I like Copy of A, but I've seen it every time I've seen NIN since that song was released. I'd rather an older gem like Ruiner get thrown back into the mix, or if we need another track from Hesitation Marks, I'd love to see Various Methods of Escape (LOVE that song!) or All Time Low make a comeback. Or hell, make room for more of the new tracks that haven't been played. There's one in particular that's begging to be played live: The Idea of You.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Poster

Robbie Williams AND Nine Inch Nails? Shit, I might have to go to Mexico

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    hell yes! Plus chemical bros and NEW ORDER?! Not bad!
    Yeah, the lineup is not great, but "Chemical Bros", "New Order", "The War on Drugs" and MGMT are all great bands, but my main priority is NIN. obviously

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If we only heard one or two songs from Hesitation Marks, I'd go with Copy Of A and All Time Low.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    In Two, dammit.

In fucking Two.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Satellite and In Two are probably my favorite live tracks from HM, In Two for sure. Only got each one of them once, but they both sounded great, and I would love to see them again at some point (even if not on this mostly theater tour).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I really hate how most songs from albums only get played on the tour they are touring the record for and then 95% of the songs get shelved for the rest of the bands career.
    Why is that?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I really hate how most songs from albums only get played on the tour they are touring the record for and then 95% of the songs get shelved for the rest of the bands career.
    Why is that?
    It's based on crowd response. The new stuff isn't as well known to the general public, and the big outdoor shows especially suffer when people get restless during the deep cuts (in 2007 and 2009 TR would sometimes dare the festival crowds not to like NIN by playing lots of brand new or obscure songs). I expect the indoor venues this year will change things up a little.

EDIT: one more random thought about the tour. I'm really, really glad Live Nation isn't doing all the promotion for every show, because they bother me so much. Phil Collins' "Not Dead Yet Tour" (that's literally what it's called), AQUA with Prozzak, and Jordan fucking Peterson are their biggest acts getting local promotion right now. If NIN comes to Canada I hope I don't have to buy a ticket through them.
    Last edited by botley; 05-30-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder if they'll be breaking out a more elaborate production again, for how much the tickets are being charged and since they have most of the buildings for two-four days. I know it won't be anything near the scope of LITS or Tension, but something on the level of the 2014 shows in the UK and with Soundgarden in the US would be great.

I know the show will deliver regardless of fancy production but the way the visuals evolve and surprise you throughout the show is always such a treat, and this will be doubly true since I'm attending with a friend who's never seen a show before but is aware of TR's reputation for having great light shows.
    Last edited by loopcloses; 05-30-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    I wonder if they'll be breaking out a more elaborate production again, for how much the tickets are being charged and since they have most of the buildings for two-four days. I know it won't be anything near the scope of LITS or Tension, but something on the level of the 2014 shows in the UK and with Soundgarden in the US would be great.

I know the show will deliver regardless of fancy production but the way the visuals evolve and surprise you throughout the show is always such a treat, and this will be doubly true since I'm attending with a friend who's never seen a show before but is aware of TR's reputation for having great light shows.
    Production is probably going to be similar to last year. Trent mentioned something about being tired of that type of thing because it feels pretty scripted later in the tour.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Why is that?
    One of the worst offenders to this is the Flaming Lips. I adore them, but they always only seem to throw in 2 or 3 songs from a 12-13 song album in favor of the same old songs over and over again.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Production is probably going to be similar to last year. Trent mentioned something about being tired of that type of thing because it feels pretty scripted later in the tour.
    I think this topic has recently been covered here, but most people's guesses are that the lighting is going to be similar to last years festivals. Maybe Trent is tired of it, or he's running out of ideas (particularly with Rob out of the mix now), or he wants to be as profitable as possible (it costs money to put that show together, hiring crews, putting gas in 18-wheelers, etc.)- my guess is it's probably not just one thing. With venue sizes being what they are (i.e. no arenas) it also looks like this will be a low production thing. I'm a dork when it comes to these great production shows (mostly only NIN and Tool, though... Roger Waters was pretty awesome as well), but Trent should either go big with it or leave it all at home. NIN's former high production shows were awesome- don't do anything "in the middle" IMHO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If he wants to use the money from this tour, to do Fragile Tour 20 anniversary next year with a big production
    I'll be happy
    ñ_ñ

And please play Mantra this year Trent!!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Queen Kwong is opening for them in Vegas! *Cat with heart eyes emoji*

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I think this topic has recently been covered here, but most people's guesses are that the lighting is going to be similar to last years festivals. Maybe Trent is tired of it, or he's running out of ideas (particularly with Rob out of the mix now), or he wants to be as profitable as possible (it costs money to put that show together, hiring crews, putting gas in 18-wheelers, etc.)- my guess is it's probably not just one thing. With venue sizes being what they are (i.e. no arenas) it also looks like this will be a low production thing. I'm a dork when it comes to these great production shows (mostly only NIN and Tool, though... Roger Waters was pretty awesome as well), but Trent should either go big with it or leave it all at home. NIN's former high production shows were awesome- don't do anything "in the middle" IMHO.
    From a financial perspective, we'll get 2014's light show at best. Smaller venues, less dates = less money to spread around. There is no way they're going to pay for Tension or LitS rigs on this tour, and they won't even fit in half the venues. Now, Trent COULD do something like Amon Tobin's ISAM, or hell he could even borrow HTDA's rig...but that seems doubtful. I would agree with you that it's probably a combination of those factors you listed.

I love pretty lights exploding in my face as much as anyone, so I would love to be proved wrong here.

//edit

well, he is doing a round of festivals, so I suppose if he wants to NOT make money he could use all his festival earnings to pay for a new and enhanced fall run.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 05-30-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Queen Kwong is opening for them in Vegas! *Cat with heart eyes emoji*
    I'm so damn disappointed in myself for not buying tickets to Vegas for this now. I love QK and she never tours the states anymore, seeing her with NIN would be such a treat. I'm actually considering seeing what's on StubHub and booking a last minute trip, but that would not be very smart...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm so damn disappointed in myself for not buying tickets to Vegas for this now. I love QK and she never tours the states anymore, seeing her with NIN would be such a treat. I'm actually considering seeing what's on StubHub and booking a last minute trip, but that would not be very smart...
    Stubhub prices are quite reasonable. Just do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Stubhub prices are quite reasonable. Just do it.
    Yeah but I just dropped 260 on Phoenix tix and I've still yet to drop the 250 on a plane ticket because I'm already broke. Plus I'm starting a new job on the 13th. I won't rule out biting the bullet and eating some debt but there are other things in life. Just the cost of being poor.
    Last edited by loopcloses; 05-30-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    One of the worst offenders to this is the Flaming Lips. I adore them, but they always only seem to throw in 2 or 3 songs from a 12-13 song album in favor of the same old songs over and over again.
    Depeche Mode are HORRIBLE with this as well...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    Depeche Mode are HORRIBLE with this as well...

See I kind of understand WHY bands do this though. They're not there to appease just YOU. They're there to appease 10,20,30,000 people. The majority of who probably don't know anything BUT the hits.

I myself knowing NIN entire catalog and been to a bunch of shows don't want to hear the "hits" as Trent would say, but that being said, I've never seen DM and would like more of a greatest hits show. I don't go that deep in their catalog. I'm gonna try and see them Sunday. When they first started touring this year it was a LOT of the new album and not a lot of the old stuff (hits.) Some of the new album was cool, but i wasn't digging MOST of it. I was kind of disappointed, but they seemed to change back to more hits as the tour went on. That being said, I'm gonna give the new album another spin before the weekend.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just realized, since Trent has a history of "I don't play the song the tour is named after", I'm thinking Branches/Bones is out of rotation.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Just realized, since Trent has a history of "I don't play the song the tour is named after", I'm thinking Branches/Bones is out of rotation.
    Better not be. Seeing them open with that at Panorama last year was one of the most face-meltingest moments out of all 6 shows I've been too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Is that true? I’ve never noticed that.

Edit: that definitely can’t be true because I’m pretty sure I saw With Teeth on the With Teeth tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    No problem

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Heh. I'd forgotten how disappointed I was when they didn't play "Mr. Self Destruct" in 1994. Thankfully, they did it at the Orlando show in 1995 when the tour changed to "further down the spiral."

I was lucky enough to get "The Fragile" in Lakeland back in 2000 & "With Teeth" in Reno in 2005, but no such luck for "Lights in the Sky" in 2008 or "Not Anymore" last year.

Anyhow, I think "Branches/Bones" & "Not Anymore" will be a part of this tour's set.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think he's generally got the right idea with his setlists for headlining nin-festival shows. Lots of new stuff, some of the hits, most of the deep cut staples (like Terrible Lie and Gave Up), and a few rarities. Pretty good way to please everyone, even if you don't always get specifcally what you want.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I would love to see the remaining unplayed songs from NTAE and AV get debuted this year. The only song I could see being difficult to fit into a set is This Isn’t the Place, but they managed to make Way Out Is Through work in festival setlists, so they’ve pulled weirder shit off before. I’ve seen Somewhat Damaged, Copy of A and Branches/Bones all open shows and Branches/Bones is the best opener of the three. It’s really that good live.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    NIN just added the INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL in Korea to the tour.

It seems odd they spend a week in August visiting Korea, Thailand, & Japan and not schedule anything for Australia. Are there any festivals happening around that week?