Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, had a quick Twitter convo with nintourhistory about this. It would be amazing if we could pull together and figure it out exactly, but I'm sure you're right there's no way to be sure, even if we collectively agree on how to define what counts as a NIN show.
    Of course, the best way to address it is Trent comes on stage every night of the tour and says, this MIGHT be our 1000th live show!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Of course, the best way to address it is Trent comes on stage every night of the tour and says, this MIGHT be our 1000th live show!
    Haha. They should just bill every show of the tour as their 1,000th with an asterisk to fine print that reads "depending on how you look at it."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toadflax View Post
    haha. They should just bill every show of the tour as their 1,000th with an asterisk to fine print that reads "depending on how you look at it."
    arg?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Haha. They should just bill every show of the tour as their 1,000th with an asterisk to fine print that reads "depending on how you look at it."
    They should play "Maybe Just One-Thousand" from Purest Feeling every night*.

*Ooookay that is one of the corniest, worst jokes I've ever made. Extremely cool that they're going to (probably) hit that milestone though; that is an incredible testament to NIN's talent though.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 05-24-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    In New Orleans, you're paying for parking or you're fucked. They are extremely strict down there. I parked at a garage that was $12 for 12 hours. My gas for the trip was about $40. I indulged and bought an award-winning $15 bloody mary from the Ruby Slipper and ate at Felix's Oyster Bar for $18. Every penny was worth the opportunity of getting 5th row center tickets at an amazing venue to see my favorite live band.

Plus, we still had service fees at the box office. My $175 tickets were $194.50 and my $125 tickets were $141.50. It was slightly cheaper if you paid with cash. I'm not complaining though. It's all worth it.
    that's pretty steep for fees, and surprises me because at the aragon, the fees totaled $5. so a $99.50 ticket + $5 fee for $104.50 total, which was way less than i was expecting because i've gotten so used to exorbitant fees.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    In New Orleans, you're paying for parking or you're fucked. They are extremely strict down there. I parked at a garage that was $12 for 12 hours. My gas for the trip was about $40. I indulged and bought an award-winning $15 bloody mary from the Ruby Slipper and ate at Felix's Oyster Bar for $18. Every penny was worth the opportunity of getting 5th row center tickets at an amazing venue to see my favorite live band.
    That's great seats! In comparison, my husband flew down to NOLA from MN and the plane tix at the last minute were not cheap. In fact I am sort of embarrassed about it so I won't say how much. But the bus from the airport to there was $1.50 so that's a deal right?? Also, it's the first time we weren't together for a NIN thing, due to that cost. Anyway, we ended up with perfect seats, so I have zero bad to say about the process. I was actually worried that "best seats available" meant some rows back after whoever got access to the best seats available. Happy to say I was wrong! Honestly, if given the opportunity to do this same thing again for access to the best seats, we will 100% do it again. Never in a million years could we actually end up with these seats at the regular (or presale) online sales. Do you have any recommendations what else we should see while there? If so, please PM me!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm really surprised that GA tickets for both nights in DC are still available, I figured it would be sold out by now.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'm really surprised that GA tickets for both nights in DC are still available, I figured it would be sold out by now.
    That first night in Phoenix is looking sad, too. Over half the venue is available- and it’s the first night of this “tour”.

Speaking of, I hope it’s different (set list wise and lighting wise) from the Vegas and summer festival shows. Doubt it though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    San Francisco still available as well.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    San Francisco still available as well.
    Not surprising, that place is actually pretty big. ~7,000 people. Tool plays there often and is an easy ticket to get.

EDIT: and Thursday Chicago show is still available. Also looks like one will be able to get good seats at Red Rocks- still seats available and a shit ton are on StubHub.
    Last edited by Krazy; 05-25-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I wonder how much of the "it's not sold out yet??" is because of price. Maybe I have a shit memory, but these prices seem much higher than the large-production tours even were.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    . Maybe I have a shit memory, but these prices seem much higher than the large-production tours even were.
    They are, but every band charges quite a bit these days. Was a bit surprised NIN was charging $100 for the Vegas dates but it is what it is now with musicians reliang on ticket sales and merchandise rather then album sales.

Id kill for another high production NIN arena tour (ok, maybe not “kill” but one gets the idea) but those days are most likely over.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe it’s a demographics thing. Younger people go to concerts more than older people but can’t afford $100 tickets. I don’t know if the fan base is growing very much. I hope it is. Older fans (like me) just don’t go to concerts much (not like me.) And many of the ones that do, just want a nostalgia trip. It’s been interesting to watch NIN fan culture change through the years. THTF brought in a whole new generation of younger, less aggressive fans. At the same time, many older fans fell away. But there hasn’t been a big hit like that since. It’s a tough business. I’m not sure how much new NIN is getting heard by new people.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Meh I’m kinda over arena shows. They never sound as good as a small theater built for music performances. I’m thrilled to finally see nin at the Fox after missing them there when I was 16. My dad wouldn’t let me go. He was not into the fuck you like an animal guy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Meh I’m kinda over arena shows. They never sound as good as a small theater built for music performances. I’m thrilled to finally see nin at the Fox after missing them there when I was 16. My dad wouldn’t let me go. He was not into the fuck you like an animal guy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True, but these balllrooms and clubs sound like utter shit (worse than arenas) as well. To each their own.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    That first night in Phoenix is looking sad, too. Over half the venue is available- and it’s the first night of this “tour”.
    I noticed that, too. I’ve also noticed on FB that a lot of people still think you can only get tickets in person.

I already have pit tickets for both nights, but it would be a bummer for that first show to be light on attendance. Here’s hoping it picks up steam.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I don't care if it's an arena or a club nearly as much as I care about if there's a GA pit (up front, not lawn or GA seating). Even with getting older, I enjoy shows much more when I am able to move around a little more, and feel so confined with a seat. Sure, I am dead by the time Hurt comes on, but it's just such a different experience. I am SO READY for Vegas.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't care if it's an arena or a club nearly as much as I care about if there's a GA pit (up front, not lawn or GA seating). Even with getting older, I enjoy shows much more when I am able to move around a little more, and feel so confined with a seat. Sure, I am dead by the time Hurt comes on, but it's just such a different experience. I am SO READY for Vegas.
    All of this.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, I have a friend who is the same age as me (35) and he says he's too old for the floor and needs a seat etc. I don't agree with him in the slightest. There is no such thing as "too old for the floor" as I've seen people in their 60s rocking out down on the floor. It's a mindset. If you convince yourself you are "too old" you will think that. It's floor or bust for me. I can't stand being stuck confined to a 2 foot by 2 foot seat. It doesn't feel like a rock show to me. I may as well be at home watching a live dvd or something.

Being on the floor is part of the experience.

I was at a festival a couple years ago, and was in the pit for the offspring, people were going apeshit for some reason over the offspring, punching, kicking hurling themselves around, I walked out of that pit so beat up, my girlfriends skirt was torn in half, had to walk back to the hotel in her underwear. After that show I said "I think I'm too old for this shit" and then the next show I went to, 2 weeks after I got seats. So I was sitting there in my seats bored silly. I was like "this sucks. People actually like this?" I found myself missing the adrenaline rush of being in the pit. I looked back at the festival I went to 2 weeks prior and I was like "you know, getting beat up is kind of part of the experience." And from that point on, I never got seats again. Unless I was forced to (I'm looking at you a perfect circle...)
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-26-2018 at 12:06 AM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I was seriously bummed out to see that. Ugh. I hope it picks up. It was depressing seeing all those empty seats. But there's still plenty of time. Either way we're in for a great show, so there's that. But still.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I feel like if I’m not on the floor giving back just as much energy to the band as they’re putting out, I’m not doing my part.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I try to get floor tickets for every concert I go to and if I'm on the floor, I try to get as close as comfortably possible. Sometimes if I'm with a group of friends that I know don't want to get too close, I defer to their comfort level as far as proximity to the stage is concerned. One thing about concerts that has pissed me off lately is this: if you're in the seats and people in front of you stand up, you can't see very well while still seated, so you stand up too. That's just how that goes, but in the past year, I've been around some people who were absolute fucking assholes about this. And hey, if you're handicapped or something, that's different and I get it, but if that's not the case, then you should know what you fucking signed up for. Also, most bands appreciate playing to a crowd that's on their feet and seems into it, not sitting on their asses like they're watching a movie. Last summer, my parents (who are in their 60s), my wife, and I saw Tom Petty and we had seats in the lower level and everyone in front of us stood up when the show started, so we of course followed suit. Unfortunately for my mom (and unbeknownst to me until after the show had ended), some old (mid-50s, certainly not older than my parents) fat asshole poked my mom in the back and kicked her chair several times while making making rude comments to her. Her level of discomfort because of this piece of shit nearly ruined the entire show for her. This was a special show too because she's the reason I'm a Tom Petty fan (I grew up listening to my parents play his CDs) and it turned out to be the last time we would ever see him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’ve seen a lot of people say they should stick to the old presale way of making tickets non transferable. However when I saw them in London in 2014 we had amazing seats but there were loads empty around me. Either a lot of people suddenly couldn’t make it or touts were buying those tickets too and then found they couldn’t resell them. Do touts learn? I don’t know, but maybe that was a factor in the physical world thing.

another thing about the tour not selling out immediately - I think one big problem in music today is the perception of success and the way everything has to sell out instantly or it’s a total flop, particularly in the pop world but that attitude filters through everywhere (like the guy when HM was released who started a whole thread about being flabbergasted that NIN aren’t as currently successful as Ariane Grande and people on reality tv). The bitchiness between pop fandoms is insane and admittedly entertaining though
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-26-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Mentioning people >50 old makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable
    —It’s all between your ears—

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Mentioning people >50 old makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable
    —It’s all between your ears—

That's very true and it wasn't my intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable (sorry!). Like I said above, my parents are 60 and 64 and they're very cool people who seem much younger. I was also at an outdoor Weezer concert last summer where my wife and I had another uncomfortable interaction with a younger (early 30s) woman behind us. The age factor isn't the problem here. Sometimes I think there should be a section for people who want to sit down while watching the show, kind of like how restaurants used to have smoking sections.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-26-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’ve seen a lot of people say they should stick to the old presale way of making tickets non transferable. However when I saw them in London in 2014 we had amazing seats but there were loads empty around me. Either a lot of people suddenly couldn’t make it or touts were buying those tickets too and then found they couldn’t resell them.
    Ticket printed with name so you can't re-sell, but allow for refund and the venue puts them back up online (maybe for a small % re-listing fee). If a show sells out, you can enter your e-mail/phone number to get a message as soon as a ticket is refunded and available.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Ticket printed with name so you can't re-sell, but allow for refund and the venue puts them back up online (maybe for a small % re-listing fee). If a show sells out, you can enter your e-mail/phone number to get a message as soon as a ticket is refunded and available.
    That seriously sounds like the best possible way to handle it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah there are probably ways around this, the total non negotiable aspect always sent me into a bit of a panic as when you have kids there are so many things that could prevent you going (there are anyway) because if you’re the named person you’d let everyone in the group down not just yourself

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Yeah, a big 3 days festival nearby (65000/day) already uses this method for years now. You can’t sell your ticket to another one. Everything needs to be done via that festival. You get your money back and people queuing digitally can buy that ticket on name again. Tickets are on name and legitimation is needed when you enter. Works perfect.

Last edited by witte; 05-26-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    On the price thing I do think these tickets are pretty expensive. I was actually shocked since the wave goodbye tour was relatively cheap. I actually considered not going because of price. When compared to the other shows I've been to this will be the second most expensive.

On seating honestly while I like being in GA getting seats is less of a headache. I'm never near the stage yet I always have to fight to keep my spot. And it's annoying just waiting around hoping to get a good view of the stage. Plus my girlfriend who often comes with can't really stand very long at shows. I totally agree with the seats. It's pretty much expected people are gonna stand which I'm fine with.

But some ass tried to make me feel bad about when I saw the cure. She poked me in the shoulder and asked if I was gonna sit even though everyone else was standing. And the worst crowd was when I saw Hall and Oates. It was a mainly older but a good amount of people were standing. Yet people were still bitching at others to sit down. Dude if they want to stand up and dance, let them. It's a concert. It's to be expected.