Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Tonight would be a perfect night to camp out too.
    A little chilly for that in NYC. I’ve brought my lighter winter coat, a rain poncho and an umbrella. It may not even hit 60 and it gets cold if you’re out for hours. I’m going to show up around 8 hopefully. If I get tickets I get them; if not I still love being in NYC. I better hit the hay.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    A little chilly for that in NYC. I’ve brought my lighter winter coat, a rain poncho and an umbrella. It may not even hit 60 and it gets cold if you’re out for hours. I’m going to show up around 8 hopefully. If I get tickets I get them; if not I still love being in NYC. I better hit the hay.
    my sentiments exactly.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just to add to the already well written critiques about this ticketing system, I've been tossing this thought around in my head ever since I read the "people will bitch about it" comment.

Yeah. People will bitch about it. Because they WANT TO SEE YOU. They want to pay money to watch what is, in the opinion of most of us, the BEST live performance out there. NIN regularly makes top shows lists all the time from people who aren't dedicated fans.
    The one thing that shouldn't make you mad about your fanbase is the fact that something making it harder or impossible for them to see you perform makes them upset.
    We love NIN live so much that we try to figure out how to afford flying across the country just to get tickets, and then when we just can't budget it, we get frustrated.

I am lucky enough that my husband's lifelong friend moved to Denver a few years ago and is a huge NIN fan because I have a very good chance that she will get tickets for Red Rocks and I'm going to save up my entire "summer assignments" money so we can drive out there for the show. It'll be just over a month short of being a perfect 10 year anniversary of when I took him to the Hamilton ON Lights In The Sky show (and asked him out the next week). THAT is the kind of reason why fans are so upset about not being able to go to these shows.
    NIN shows are special events for us. We meet up with old friends we've met at other shows, we make new friends, we have an experience that will last in our memories forever. These are AMAZING events.
    But making it so much harder, or even impossible, for a majority of the fans in this country to make it to a single show, Trent shouldn't be mad at us for bitching about wanting to experience this.

edit: I'm used to traveling for shows, and I'm fine with that. My closest show was still a few hour drive, never seen them in my home state, 1/3 of my shows are in another country. I'm flying across the country to see them next month and then hopefully driving across the country a few months later to see them again.
    Traveling to shows isn't the problem.
    Traveling TWICE for one show is what's making these financially impossible for too many of us. As someone else said, it's cheaper for the fans who are bitching about this system to buy scalper tickets than to physically get to the venues to buy them at face value.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 05-18-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here’s why Trent doesn’t give a fuck: this show will sell out immediately no matter what.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Here’s why Trent doesn’t give a fuck: this show will sell out immediately no matter what.

Whether or not they sell out immediately, or at all, I don't think that is how Trent will decide if this was successful or not. I may be naive, but I still believe Trent genuinely cares about his fans enough to see beyond "the show sold, I made money, it worked".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Whether or not they sell out immediately, or at all, I don't think that is how Trent will decide if this was successful or not. I may be naive, but I still believe Trent genuinely cares about his fans enough to see beyond "the show sold, I made money, it worked".
    But it already has worked.

There will be lines of diehards tomorrow and there is a buzz around NIN.

A vocal minority is upset. Well that’s okay, there may be an online sale.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    People are already in line in NYC and Chicago; this “presale” is a joke

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    People are already in line in NYC and Chicago; this “presale” is a joke
    Nothing in Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m wondering how bad Nashville will be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm probably getting to the parking garage in New Orleans around 3 AM. It says no lineups before 6 AM. I was already down in Louisiana tonight for other reasons so I figured I'd just fuck around until a few hours before. I'm wondering how the "pre-lineup" will be at 3 AM or now even (midnight).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Nothing in Dallas.
    That should be the slogan of the city.

NOTHING IN DALLAS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I agree, personally I think maybe one of the problems he’s trying to resolve is that when the touts buy up all the tickets for resale and the show is sold out people generally give up and then the show ends up physically ‘undersold’ even though it was sold out officially because people aren’t either willing to pay excess money or they just don’t know the ticket prices have gone down before the show
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-19-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Thanks to @Sarah K for posting exclusive merch from THE PHYSICAL WORLD presale event at RCMH in NYC:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/n7aqXjV

Hopefully other cities will post updates on this merch.

*edit*
    Atlanta is setting up merch.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 05-19-2018 at 07:14 AM. Reason: The new info

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    He wouldn't be able to pull this stunt with an arena tour. Numbers would be a disaster. With 3k-4k venues, yeah safe bet it'll sell out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    There’s already a gigantic line in Chicago. Fuck.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, if you didn’t expect an early line I’m sorry folks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, if you didn’t expect an early line I’m sorry folks.
    True story. Took a chance and came down to the Memphis lineup at 4:30 this morning and I’m 9th in line. Zero enforcement of the line up time. Line up here is down 4 city blocks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am really holding hope the scalpers fuck up and have to sell for "less than" face value, you can get 6-16 vegas tix for 89 plus fees on stub hub. He'll my whole vegas trip for one night (6-13) after hotel, flights and ticket was under 500. Just 2 nights in a hotel downtown chicago would be like 400 bucks, fuck. Irving tx seems to have cheap rooms for around 80 bucks. I already have a room booked in Memphis in case I can get tix latter and am still considering Nashville just in case,lol. I really am thinking I will just over pay for Memphis or sit in the lawn for dallas since there is cheap rooms there. Hell I can't get enough,lol. It bad as i am thinking and wishing to go in September, October and November. I always said I live in the best spot cause all theses and around me and doable just can't make any today of course.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 05-19-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I am really holding hope the scalpers fuck up and have to sell for "less than" face value, you can get 6-16 vegas tix for 89 plus fees on stub hub. He'll my whole vegas trip for one night (6-13) after hotel, flights and ticket was under 500. Just 2 nights in a hotel downtown chicago would be like 400 bucks, fuck. Irving tx seems to have cheap rooms for around 80 bucks. I already have a room booked in Memphis in case I can get tix latter and am still considering Nashville just in case,lol. I really am thinking I will just over pay for Memphis or sit in the lawn for dallas since there is cheap rooms there. Hell I can't get enough,lol. It bad as i am thinking and wishing to go in September, October and November. I always said I live in the best spot cause all theses and around me and doable just can't make any today of course.
    They won't have the lawn open for the Dallas shows, actually.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    No lawn. There are a ton of people in line actually, maybe not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Holy shit they have “listening stations” for Bad Witch available.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I’m in line in nyc- did the best I could but too old to line up the night before- the line literally goes around the entire block and then starts again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

I’m in line for Phoenix. Glad I had a hard time sleeping and got here an hour earlier than I initially planned. There’s already a decent-sized line.

A listening station, eh? Fuuuuck yeah!
    Last edited by caca; 05-19-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Looks like they added a third show in Chicago. This feel so improvised.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Saw a tweet about what looks like some sort of printed physical thing being handed out in Atlanta? Anyone know what it is?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Saw a tweet about what looks like some sort of printed physical thing being handed out in Atlanta? Anyone know what it is?
    It just has info about the pop-up shows and restaurants with specials in the area.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It just has info about the pop-up shows and restaurants with specials in the area.
    Ah. I was hoping it was the third physical component...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They circulated this in the line at Nashville. Nothing really new here. Red Bull reps we're giving away energy drinks a little earlier. Other than that, nothing really surprising, but I'm nowhere near the front of the line, so we'll see how things turn out in half an hour or so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    Having a good job with a lot of PTO helps. I feel bad for fans who work at Wal-Mart and in the food service business who won't be able to go because they can't get off work on short notice.
    Bless you for this post. It is EXACTLY what I'm going through right now and I can't take off work because of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol the Hollywood line wraps around the venue twice. Fuck.