Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm not sure what is going on with the download version I have, but I've noticed it is the only thing that crackles - especially on The Background World's vocals. I thought it was my speaker, but everything else is clear. I'm cautious about buying the CD because I don't want to spend more on it, if it's going to do the same. I have no idea about this aspect of it. Has anyone noticed if the quality is better on the CD?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    I'm not sure what is going on with the download version I have, but I've noticed it is the only thing that crackles - especially on The Background World's vocals. I thought it was my speaker, but everything else is clear. I'm cautious about buying the CD because I don't want to spend more on it, if it's going to do the same. I have no idea about this aspect of it. Has anyone noticed if the quality is better on the CD?
    Can you point precisely where you are hearing any flaw?
    I think the download is perfectly fine.
    CD should be a downsampled version from the studio master. You would not notice a thing even with the most golden ears on earth.
    If you happen to have Sennheiser headphones, check the music with that too.

Perhaps your woofer has a defecting coil. Check your drivers...
    The MD5 hash for FLAC of "TBW" is 852CD82634A82B38E9AC75F05DC3B1E3.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    At about 1:58 in The Background World, the voice starts to break up. It seems only to happen with this song, mostly on my car stereo. Maybe the transfer of files didn't work properly. I've tried to delete and upload again, but it still happens. No other song playing softer seems to do it. It's probably the file. Thank you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    At about 1:58 in The Background World, the voice starts to break up. It seems only to happen with this song, mostly on my car stereo. Maybe the transfer of files didn't work properly. I've tried to delete and upload again, but it still happens. No other song playing softer seems to do it. It's probably the file. Thank you.

My digital download load has the crackling but my cd doesn’t at the 1:58 part so must be a problem with the digital copy (I have a mp3 version). I thought that’s how the song was when I first listened to it till you mentioned it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Played back my file (I have the 24-bit WAVs). No issues on my end.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I tried to upload AV to listen to in my car and TBW didn't even upload properly at all. I gave up (I tried I gave up) and uploaded the MP3 to my phone and said hell with it and that was fine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @mostlymad is your digital file mp3?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I like the matrix code format Capitol Records uses for this US CD pressing: "07/21/2017 07:15.PM#12937"

Not sure if later pressings will keep the date/time, but it will be interesting to see (assuming this release gets a later physical pressing).

Otherwise, I'm just going to purchase the Japanese pressing on Hostess once it's available.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @mostlymad
    Can you provide a sample of your mp3, so we can determine if this mp3 is defective.
    I'm sure it will be fine to get another mp3 to replace this one.
    You can PM me for help.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I like the matrix code format Capitol Records uses for this US CD pressing: "07/21/2017 07:15.PM#12937"

Not sure if later pressings will keep the date/time, but it will be interesting to see (assuming this release gets a later physical pressing).

Otherwise, I'm just going to purchase the Japanese pressing on Hostess once it's available.
    is there a difference with the Japan version?

Edit: my cd doesn’t have that code on the disc.
    Last edited by Leprekon666; 10-16-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    @mostlymad
    Can you provide a sample of your mp3, so we can determine if this mp3 is defective.
    I'm sure it will be fine to get another mp3 to replace this one.
    You can PM me for help.
    It is an mp3.

But I've been going through everything, and the only place it now seems to distort is either on my phone speaker or through the car. If I plug in my headphones, it is fine. The file on my computer is fine through my headphones, too. Is it possible the car signal is distorting it. I've never had just one song do this. Usually, I can tell if a speaker has blown by other songs, but for some reason, I swear it's just this one part of this one song. Not knowing is driving me nuts.

I've never tried to share something in general, before. Here is the problematic section, if this worked:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...0RGX0RaNThhTVk
    Last edited by mostlymad; 10-16-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    My digital download load has the crackling but my cd doesn’t at the 1:58 part so must be a problem with the digital copy (I have a mp3 version). I thought that’s how the song was when I first listened to it till you mentioned it.
    I can confirm, Mp3 crackles as well. My FLAC is clean though.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I checked the sample and I checked the download. There is nothing wrong with the MP3 file.
    I now understand what is going on.
    This particular sample on the music can crackle on some drivers if you play it in a very loud volume.
    The reason it is because this section, with voice muffled, it uses very intense medium frequencies in the music.
    It crackles on my Sennheiser headphones. But they do not in my home stereo. So it will depend how loud you play and
    what equipment you are using. Now, these intense medium frequencies won't go away. They are on the record and that is it.

I usually do a ReplayGain on my albums so as it tames the loudness this does not come up.
    But with the RAW sample section in question opened in Audacity and high volume, it crackles even on headphones.
    I may emphasize that for you to hear this crackle in your headphones, you're asking to be deaf within a few days though.

There is nothing to be done.
    Blame the loudness race and mastering practices of music industry, and of course, TR himself, always wanting it VERY loud.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 10-16-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I checked the sample and I checked the download. There is nothing wrong with the MP3 file.
    This particular sample on the music can crackle on some drivers if you play it in a very loud volume.
    The reason it is because this section, with voice muffled, it uses very intense medium frequencies in the music.
    It crackles on my Sennheiser headphones. But they do not in my home stereo. So it will depend how loud you play and
    what equipment you are using. Now, these intense medium frequencies won't go away. They are on the record and that is it.

I usually do a ReplayGain on my albums so as it tames the loudness this does not come up.
    But with the RAW sample section in question opened in Audacity and high volume, it crackles even on headphones.
    I may emphasize that for you to hear this crackle in your headphones, you're asking to be deaf within a few days though.

Blame the loudness race and mastering practices of music industry, and of course, TR himself, always wanting it VERY loud.
    Your actually right. I connected my phonet to my car and no static. I disconnect it and static (phones full blast).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Thank you for that explanation and taking the time to make it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So about The Lovers, am I the only one who keeps thinking about the Forest Temple?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i burned my digital download to cd (mp3 form?) and the car cd player recognizes the cd as an 'error'
    i don't like messing with digital music; i don't understand the formats...
    so i ordered the actual cd from amazon and won't get to listen to it until after halloween (cause that's when i'll be home to check my mail)
    hmmmmpf!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muse-lyre candy View Post
    i burned my digital download to cd (mp3 form?) and the car cd player recognizes the cd as an 'error'
    so i ordered the actual cd from amazon and won't get to listen to it until after halloween (cause that's when i'll be home to check my mail)
    hmmmmpf!

i'm guessing you accidentally burned an MP3CD and that your car can't read it.

also, even if you format it correctly as a standard audio CD, using mp3s on it means it's lossy and won't sound good.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    is it 1998? everyone burning mp3s to cd?

Am I the only one who thinks "This Isn't The Place" is about Bowie?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks "This Isn't The Place" is about Bowie?
    I think everyone thinks that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muse-lyre candy View Post
    hmmmmpf!

Were you using the lossless version as your source? Maybe you didn't properly downsample to 44.1khz and the car is having trouble with 48khz data

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    so there isnt any digital booklet ? any scan to make one ? come one I lknow it's 5€ but I won't open the shit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @muse-lyre candy:
    If you want to enjoy your files properly on the car CD player, you might be interest in making a proper red book layout before burning.
    Use the application called ImgBurn, choose Write and create Cue file. Add the songs in there, and it will magically convert your files to what they should be.
    Make sure you have installed K-Lite Codec Pack (www.codecguide.com) for ImgBurn to interpret the audio through DirectX.

The error may be what folk said:
    - Perhaps you have mixed filesystem formats (UDF, Joilet, ISO), or non-compliant Joilet.
    - Perhaps your car MP3 decoder does not decode sources encoded in 48 kHz.

Take care about the flash USB drivers as well: If they are partitioned as GPT and not MS-DOS/MBR, GPT partitions will not be recognized as valid devices.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A word about the problematic sample, @mostlymad and @Leprekon666.

Today I tested "The Background World" in my home stereo.
    It's a Yamaha Receiver (RX-V359) and I set the volume to -28dB (pretty moderate loud).
    My loudspeakers are DIY type. I have a tweeter and a 8" mid-woofer in both.
    There is no cross over, but there is an attenuation to the tweeter, done with a resistor to cut off some dBs.

It did not crackle in these loudspeakers.
    My Sennheiser phone is entry level HD 201. It will crackle if played loud (but with a volume that is beyond 85dB).
    It doesn't crackle with a lower proper volume for listening (40-60dB).

Being that said: This is a sample which stress the coils of equipment, if it's good enough, it should handle it with no issues.
    Commercial plastic made loudpeakers (towers) that come with home-theaters and other commercial budget quality speakers might suffer on this sample.
    As far as I can recollect, in DIYAudio.com, in a general sense, car speakers are considered to be of low quality drivers because there isn't a certain project that will fit most of them.
    If attention is taken on this subject, you will see that a project for a boxed room loudspeaker is complex enough to work fine.
    When I talk about project I mean acoustics project, the driver datasheet, the box specifications it requires, the cross-over.
    The cross-over itself is a nightmare to do, because you will need to determine which frequencies to be left out and others to remain.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 10-17-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A word about the problematic sample, @mostlymad and @Leprekon666.

Today I tested "The Background World" in my home stereo.
    It's a Yamaha Receiver (RX-V359) and I set the volume to -28dB (pretty moderate loud).
    My loudspeakers are DIY type. I have a tweeter and a 8" mid-woofer in both.
    There is no cross over, but there is an attenuation to the tweeter, done with a resistor to cut off some dBs.

It did not crackle in these loudspeakers.
    My Sennheiser phone is entry level HD 201. It will crackle if played loud (but with a volume that is beyond 85dB).
    It doesn't crackle with a lower proper volume for listening (40-60dB).

Being that said: This is a sample which stress the coils of equipment, if it's good enough, it should handle it with no issues.
    Commercial plastic made loudpeakers (towers) that come with home-theaters and other commercial budget quality speakers might suffer on this sample.
    As far as I can recollect, in DIYAudio.com, in a general sense, car speakers are considered to be of low quality drivers because there isn't a certain project that will fit most of them.
    If attention is taken on this subject, you will see that a project for a boxed room loudspeaker is complex enough to work fine.
    When I talk about project I mean acoustics project, the driver datasheet, the box specifications it requires, the cross-over.
    The cross-over itself is a nightmare to do, because you will need to determine which frequencies to be left out and others to remain.
    I only noticed this only on my iPhone 6 speaker (full volume) with nothing else plugged in.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This is a weird question (and arguably not the right thread for it), but I had this thought while packing for Vegas last night. I haven't worn my Add Violence shirt yet as it's felt inappropriate to me with how violent this year has been, and I especially didn't want to wear it to a concert in Las Vegas. I don't know if I'd mind if the band name was on the front, but it just says ADD VIOLENCE (with the meter below it and the NIN logo on the back). Has anyone else had this thought, or am I just being oversensitive?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    This is a weird question (and arguably not the right thread for it), but I had this thought while packing for Vegas last night. I haven't worn my Add Violence shirt yet as it's felt inappropriate to me with how violent this year has been, and I especially didn't want to wear it to a concert in Las Vegas. I don't know if I'd mind if the band name was on the front, but it just says ADD VIOLENCE (with the meter below it and the NIN logo on the back). Has anyone else had this thought, or am I just being oversensitive?
    It ran through my mind as well, I decided out of respect to not wear it at the Vegas gig.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don't know about overall but I would definitely say wearing it to vegas would be tone deaf at best.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I pretty much only wear it with a jacket on that obscures it. If someone knows the band they recognize it, if not they don't think I'm a Nazi. I definitely wouldn't feel right wearing it anywhere that an actual shooting had happened recently.