Thread: The Media, Fake News, Fox, CNN, MSNBC and any other media outlets, Trust No One

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    I will say this and I will stick to it. Social media is a blessing and a curse. The corporate media is panicking. ( that whole CNN/TRUMP wrestling meme was proof they are panicking) Its the only thing we have to keep things honest. The downside is every fucking one has a voice. We need to find a way to silence the shit and the only way to do that is to establish credibility. What we are seeing right now is everyone positioning themselves and their credibility for the next 100 years. Who's going to win? I don't know. I am just scared the lengths everyone will go to to win.
    Social media IS a blessing and a curse. 99.9% of people using it have no financial stake in it whatsoever though, and are just shouting because they want to be heard.

ACTUAL news outlets, on the other hand, are decades (if not a century or more) old, and the livelihood of those involved with them depends on success. Unfortunately, the truth is only successful if people want to know the truth. These days, many people want whatever they believe is true to be the truth, instead of trusting vetted journalists with a proven track record of accurate and unbiased reporting and accepting the truth when it clashes with their desires.

It's a battle of literally "anyone with a Facebook account" vs "established media outlets", and if the former wins, this entire country is fucked beyond repair. That's all there is to it. Journalism is a noble profession full of people who work ridiculous hours and put their own personal beliefs behind them to deliver facts for a really shitty paycheck. Social media is a bunch of cranky assholes on a power trip who insist on being right whether there's a shred of evidence to support them or not, and preying off of anyone who will believe whatever bullshit they write.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    The pizzagate story was a trap. Unfortunately the folks doing critical thinking fell for it
    There are times when people make it too easy. I wonder if you even see the irony in this quote.