Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    US Muslim Population...3.3 Million out of 325 Million
    UK Muslim Population...3.4 Million out of 65 Million
    France Muslim Population...6-7 Million out of 65 Million

Its not the same . If the US had the same demographics of France you would have 35 Million Muslims....
    Maybe because I don't think that there's anything wrong with being Muslim, to me these are not scary numbers...

Being Muslim doesn't mean you didn't integrate into a culture. My wife is a nurse, and the hospital she works at has 40% Muslim doctors. They're people, just like anyone else. Some are fantastic, some are not. My favorite ice cream shop is owned/run by a Muslim family. Wearing a hijab doesn't mean that you didn't learn the local culture. It's fine. The ladies behind the counter make the ice cream with a hijab on. So what? They're just as American as the white people buying their ice cream.
    Last edited by hellospaceboy; 02-23-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The videos coming out of these townhalls are brutal, and beautiful at the same time.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The videos coming out of these townhalls are brutal, and beautiful at the same time.
    Oh yeah I ESPECIALLY love the one with the lady yelling at Mitch McConnell:

http://boingboing.net/2017/02/22/its...o-watch-m.html

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Hoping it leads to a lot of them being voted out in 2018 but I should clarify that I don't have much hope at all in it actually happening.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    got written up because I had count-down clock on my desk "days since trump screwed" up. was told it created a hostile environment. might give my two weeks I feel I have the right to open political expression!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I felt literally - not figuratively, literally - sick after reading this.

This
    is also the kind of thing that makes me lose all faith in America.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    got written up because I had count-down clock on my desk "days since trump screwed" up. was told it created a hostile environment. might give my two weeks I feel I have the right to open political expression!
    -Louie
    You probably don't have that right. Most companies have policies that limit your ability to express yourself at work.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    You probably don't have that right. Most companies have policies that limit your ability to express yourself at work.
    That wouldn't be surprising, and honestly I don't find it shocking. You want the workplace to be as neutral as possible, in general. If everyone starts to display his personal opinions on their desk, you're asking for one ugly mess, and a serious obstacle to productivity.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Correct. The 1st Amendment (right to free speech) is limited and protects you from being ARRESTED BY THE GOVERNMENT for said free speech (which does not apply to dangerous speech like yelling "FiRE!" in a crowded room, or "HI JACK" in an airport, etc.) Said 1st Amendment does NOT apply to employment, etc.

For instance: Federal employees are specifically barred from discussing any kind of political matters or participating in specific political activities while on the job, including the wearing of t-shirts, buttons, etc. per the Hatch Act of 1939.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-23-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    99% of the time, I keep political and religious opinions as far as possible from any work environment. I'll admit that, given that I live in California and work in a mostly liberally dominated field, I have voiced my opinion on what's been happening. Maybe it was just out of shock, since I usually don't come close to doing that. I guess, fortunately for me, I'm in southern California, so nobody got pissed

It's generally not a good idea, and probably not the best method of protest or self expression.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It DOES have the potential to create a hostile work environment, from a management standpoint.

The less people know about me at work, the better, is my motto. I don't want to eat with them, drink with them, hang out with them, etc. I have gone out to lunch a few times but that's so they don't think I'm secretly planning to kill them, otherwise I don't come to work to socialize; I come to work to WORK, then I go home to my real life and my real family and my real friends. I've seen far too many people get bitten on the ass for bringing their personal lives and opinions to work.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    that Trump poll was apparently not even tracking the results of the poll answers, but looks more like a viral bid to raise funds via the donation link.

https://medium.com/@justdevin/donald...dcd#.hcoqlctz0

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    yelling "FiRE!" in a crowded room, or "HI JACK" in an airport, etc.
    But what if I haven't seen Jack in forever!?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Hello or 'sup should do fine!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    What happened to states rights here? He wants the bigot states to be able shun transgender folks but will punish the states that enacted recreational laws.
    More contradictory bullshit from these assholes.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So Trump said the deportation was going to be a military operation. He apparently misspoke. According to Spicy, he meant it will be precise. Military was used as an adjective in this case.

Also,

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    So Trump said the deportation was going to be a military operation. He apparently misspoke. According to Spicy, he meant it will be precise. Military was used as an adjective in this case.
    I can believe that. That Trump would use words like that to describe something, when he means something much more specific. He has a horrible vocabulary, news at 11.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It DOES have the potential to create a hostile work environment, from a management standpoint.

The less people know about me at work, the better, is my motto. I don't want to eat with them, drink with them, hang out with them, etc. I have gone out to lunch a few times but that's so they don't think I'm secretly planning to kill them, otherwise I don't come to work to socialize; I come to work to WORK, then I go home to my real life and my real family and my real friends. I've seen far too many people get bitten on the ass for bringing their personal lives and opinions to work.
    Been there; going back there soon. It sucks. My industry has a lot of great, hard-working and compassionate people...but it's also got a lot of disgusting assholes who make me cringe every time I see or hear them. Depending on the job, I don't have the luxury of avoiding them too much - you work, eat, and live in a small metal box with them. Add politics into the mix and it can get even worse. That's why I show up, be a professional, do my job, and then spend as much time as possible being alone or with people who I would actually consider a "real friend" if we lived in the same city.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Let's play "guess who said this crazy shit?!"

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

GUESS!!!!!

No.... you might think I'm making this up..... video evidence:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b08ab70dc0f646
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-24-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Further proof that citizens of other countries are smart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    it should be stated that I work in cyber security, and a lot of ex-military conservatives, I do not shy away left liberal leanings I said nothing when they found out i was native-ameamerican, and made my feelings known about standing rock, asking me if I was going howling for hair, or smoke'em peace pipe at lunch, or calling me chief straining buttons.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    it should be stated that I work in cyber security, and a lot of ex-military conservatives, I do not shy away left liberal leanings I said nothing when they found out i was native-ameamerican, and made my feelings known about standing rock, asking me if I was going howling for hair, or smoke'em peace pipe at lunch, or calling me chief straining buttons.
    That is the very definition of workplace harassment! It's fucked up!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    But he saved 800 jobs, what are you complaining about?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    90% of my work is remote I don't have don't have to see or deal with anyone on a daily basis I have a sense of humorI thought the chief straining buttons was funny, and a reminder to continue my daily workouts, I apologized and erased the count-down clock from my whiteboard will i continue to call Trump out on his shit Yes! life moves on
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 02-24-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So the White House decided to block several medias from attending Spicy's briefing.

"CNN, The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend."

AP and Time Magazine were invited but declined to attend.

Breitbart, Washington Time, One America News were allowed.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That's dictator behavior right there folks. He is such a little whiny bitch and needs to be taken out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    So the White House decided to block several medias from attending Spicy's briefing.

"CNN, The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend."

AP and Time Magazine were invited but declined to attend.

Breitbart, Washington Time, One America News were allowed.
    Jesus Christ.... HOW is anyone in this country "ok" with this!?!?!?!