Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2069

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe Check the Trump: YZ thread. The guy's a troll. Set to Ignore and proceed.

He actually said he "hoped KEK boys didn't find this site because they'd destroy it."

New worst post in ETS history.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-20-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    This showed up on reddit back in December or January I think. I've had it in my itunes since.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...to_be_made_by/
    This is a jewel of a remix. I love it far above the original

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @eversonpoe Check the Trump: YZ thread. The guy's a troll. Set to Ignore and proceed.

He actually said he "hoped KEK boys didn't find this site because they'd destroy it."

New worst post in ETS history.
    i literally never go into the "headlines" section of the board because i know i'll just end up getting REALLY angry all the time. also, i have no idea what KEK means but i'm guessing it's not a nice thing to say.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i have no idea what KEK means but i'm guessing it's not a nice thing to say.
    Kicking Echidnas Knees?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    If you don't know who Jordan Petersen, and by proxy, Gavin McInnes are, you're lucky. Short answer: It's a lame alt right thing. 4chan level garbage.

Sorry, back on topic, loving the videos! But I'd also love a different set of closing songs the most! Overall, the setlist is good. I'd like to see Not Anymore and The Idea Of You.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-20-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I'd like to see Not Anymore and The Idea Of You.
    I think the Idea of you would be great live, maybe it'll appear after the festival shows?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I've been making this observation for a few years now, so it's not like it's anything new, but I think it's pretty amazing that cellphone cameras/mics have gotten good enough to the point where they can actually record decent footage at a rock show. I remember scoffing at folks recording stuff on their phones at shows, years ago, because the clips you'd get were invariably awful as hell. I also occasionally have these "we really are in the future" epiphanies, such as realizing that there's sufficient technology and infrastructure in place that someone can just go ahead and livestream a concert from their phone, effectively on a whim, and have it be good enough quality to be an enjoyable experience. Madness!

Anyway, slightly more ontopic: I agree that Burning Bright translates quite well live - I was worried about that one as well. The "constant unrelenting wall of noise" tracks sometimes have difficulty translating from studio to live, but BB seems to have stood up. I suppose it might just be because it starts at eleven and stays there, whereas a lot of those other tracks do tend to bump it up a notch towards the end, which is more difficult to achieve live when you don't have studio trickery to fall back on.

As for the setlist, the standard stuff doesn't really bother me at this point. Sure, I could personally do without another THTF->HLAH->Hurt outro, but they are festival shows they're preparing for, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of first-time concertgoers who'll be thrilled to hear that stuff live for the first time. I expect that if we do get a more extensive tour in 2018 it'll mix things up a bit - let's not forget that during Tension we got like eight or nine tracks from HM each night, and the "Hallucinate in High Fidelity" live compilation thing is over five hours long. I can't fault TR for playing it fairly safe for these handful of dates.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I've been begging for AATCHB to close since Still was released. The Background World would be wonderful as well. The two together might give me a stroke but that's a good way to go out, I think!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    "Hallucinate in High Fidelity" live compilation thing is over five hours long.
    What is this of which you speak... ?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    What is this of which you speak... ?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ive-2013-2014)

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm still cackling at that guy yelling "SHUT UP" during Hurt on the FB live video and then proceeding to cheer throughout the rest of the song.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    has anyone mentioned yet how absolutely tight the band was sounding last night? cuz they were fucking on-point.

Allesandro has really morphed into quite the band member.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but has there been any pictures posted of that exclusive poster from last night?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but has there been any pictures posted of that exclusive poster from last night?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...256#post364256

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Uninteresting. Uninspired. Same old. That's what I get from this new live show. Hopefully things change down the line. Because the 2013-2014 shows look like magic compared to this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Back home now.

Setlist = strong
    visuals = questionable
    visuals = nonexistent.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Uninteresting. Uninspired. Same old. That's what I get from this new live show. Hopefully things change down the line. Because the 2013-2014 shows look like magic compared to this.
    I would rank the show I saw in person last night higher than the NIN|JA and NIN|SG shows but below 2013 festival shows.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would rank the show I saw in person last night higher than the NIN|JA and NIN|SG shows but below 2013 festival shows.
    Goddamn that 2013-2014 run was something special. Just from seeing the production, it looked AMAZING. I kind of naively thought that's what NIN does; they push the limits of the live experience. Maybe that was just a one-off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For the next show, they should even leave out the microphones. Just try to scream loud enough to be heard. Show by show, they should reduce down and down until it's just Trent and Robin on stage staring at the audience for 90 min.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Fuck giant unnecessary hologram visuals. Just plaster my ears with sound.

Can't wait.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Goddamn that 2013-2014 run was something special. Just from seeing the production, it looked AMAZING. I kind of naively thought that's what NIN does; they push the limits of the live experience. Maybe that was just a one-off.
    That was certainly my expectation leading to this show, based on the excellent track record between LitS, Tension, & HTDA. Instead it felt more like the run of club shows they did at the end of 2009 - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just different.

Fuck giant unnecessary hologram visuals. Just plaster my ears with sound.
    Not mutually exclusive.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'll elaborate a bit:

I trust TR to do visuals that he thinks will suit the atmosphere of the current work when out on tour. Compare the visceral nature of NTAE and its assault with guitars to the slick production of Hesitation Marks - The pomp and flashy display of the Tension tour was a perfect accompaniment to that album's sound. I was honestly wondering if they'd play in front of static-filled screens for NTAE songs. That album and AV don't strike me as needing that kind of visual ballast. They're much more aggressive, ominous and raw. We pretty much got what I expected.

I could see a projection screen or something, but not too much more than that.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 07-20-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ^^

That point is definitely agreed - they went with a much heavier than I expected setlist, which alleviated some of the need for visuals. Still, I'm going to be lying if I said I didn't miss those [multiple] LED screens....

Reference: the TGD visuals last night compared to the TGD visuals for LitS...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That was certainly my expectation leading to this show, based on the excellent track record between LitS, Tension, & HTDA. Instead it felt more like the run of club shows they did at the end of 2009 - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just different.

Not mutually exclusive.
    Amen. In a way, they enhance each other. I wish a lot of people, including Trent, realize that. It makes everything more special. I think there was an interview where Trent even makes that same point. He says something along the lines of if people are spending their money and taking time to come to a show, it's his job to put on a spectacle and the use of the visuals combined with the sound make for something special. That's what put NIN above other acts.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    THTF+HLAH+Hurt as the closer gets so fkkn tired. at least one of those should go.
    Hurt and/or THTF. HLAH should always stay b/c it's the song that started it all, its powerful, and its a far, far better song than THTF.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm surprised honestly, that at an NIN exclusive event like last nights' - that the setlist was so safe. I was hoping that with 2 new EP's, there'd be a lot more of the new music played, as well as one or two back catalogue rarities that either had seldom or never been performed. Especially with a killer performance on Twin Peaks, I thought for sure "She's Gone Away" would make it into the performance. I was at the 4 Tension shows and between them was able to hear most of that album. But I think with the 3 year break and the festivals coming up - this greatest hits heavy setlist is going to be the standard. Certain songs just have to be played every show and unfortunately, that leaves very little room for new music.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    imagine if trent had the balls to do something more concentrated on newer stuff and pull out a setlist like this, radiohead style:

branches/bones+elements of not anymore
    less than
    dear world,
    the frail/the wretched
    survivalism
    the big come down
    god given
    head down
    disappointed /or she's gone away
    the lovers
    piggy
    in two
    terrible lie
    vessel

-encore 1-
    somewhat damaged
    head like a hole
    burning bright

-encore 2-
    this isn’t the place
    burn
    the great destroyer
    the background world
    Last edited by hani; 07-20-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Hurt and/or THTF. HLAH should always stay b/c it's the song that started it all, its powerful, and its a far, far better song than THTF.
    Agreed. If they're going to close on anything, it should be HLAH. Hurt has had it's time to shine. I think that song can be retired for a tour or two. Resurface it in a few years. As much as I'm tired of HLAH, at least it closes off the set on a high note.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He needs to stop playing Hurt. This was like a greatest hits show, such a shame. So much hype for Year Zero-ish content for nothing.

The show should have ended with THE BACKGROUND WORLD and continued the loop until everyone left.