Page 75 of 123 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So will there be more music like this?

After listening to the album about 30 times or whatever, i kind of get a "fuck you, i'm not doing this anymore" vibe.
    Like a "that version of me is dead and burned."

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I shot an email to firebrand to see if they could clarify when they expect this to be shipped out. I'll let you guys know what they say.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Physical component is actually Trent showing up to your house to give you a noogie.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Physical component is actually Trent showing up to your house to give you a noogie.
    All of that for $13? Now that is money well-spent.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Do we need to add any of these to ninwiki?
    Done.

or this one?
    The version above is higher resolution, but isn't as dark. There's a very slight chance that the one on Instagram is the same, but for having potentially been run through an Instagram filter. I say stick with what's there, and don't worry about the Instagram cover.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    That's what I did it all for...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    believe me or not but I found another hidden pic on nin.com actually it's the same 6th cover but in larger size

http://cdn.nin.com/wp-content/upload..._streaming.jpg
    D'oh. I'm an idiot for not deleting the 800x800 at the end of the link and giving that a try a few days ago. Thank you as always, sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that this is only a teaser of what's to come. I feel like this EP is an intro to a bigger concept and full length album. I could be totally off on this but it seems like NTAE ends on a cliffhanger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    I think that this is only a teaser of what's to come. I feel like this EP is an intro to a bigger concept and full length album. I could be totally off on this but it seems like NTAE ends on a cliffhanger.
    There's still ~6 track names floating around from that twitter handle that was leaking track names before anyone knew of any the releases (Deviations or NTAE)... Correct me if i'm wrong..

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i sure fucking hope so, because as stated above, i feel like NTAE ends on a "fuck you all, it's over" sort of note. Throw the carcass of old dead version of me in the fire and let it burn, and i hope you all choke on the smoke or whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    There's still ~6 track names floating around from that twitter handle that was leaking track names before anyone knew of any the releases (Deviations or NTAE)... Correct me if i'm wrong..
    As far as I can tell, all of the numbered track names that twitter handle listed were part of either Deviations 1 or NTAE, and they were all listed the day that everything was announced. It seemed like everyone was fairly certain that account is fraud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i sure fucking hope so, because as stated above, i feel like NTAE ends on a "fuck you all, it's over" sort of note. Throw the carcass of old dead version of me in the fire and let it burn, and i hope you all choke on the smoke or whatever.
    I interpreted Burning Bright as him burning the newer version of himself (Hesitation Marks era) and that he is accepting that he is and has always been the person that made The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, With Teeth, Year Zero etc. However, this album has only been out for a little bit and I still need some time to totally figure it out. I can say with certainty that he enjoys making music such as the palette he gave us with NTAE

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I interpreted Burning Bright as him burning the newer version of himself (Hesitation Marks era) and that he is accepting that he is and has always been the person that made The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, With Teeth, Year Zero etc. However, this album has only been out for a little bit and I still need some time to totally figure it out. I can say with certainty that he enjoys making music such as the palette he gave us with NTAE
    Ah HA! now that i can get behind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipley View Post
    As far as I can tell, all of the numbered track names that twitter handle listed were part of either Deviations 1 or NTAE, and they were all listed the day that everything was announced. It seemed like everyone was fairly certain that account is fraud.
    I thought it preceded the release... Now going back, I see it was the same day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "She's Gone Away"

The killings started out slowly and steadily, like the beginning of a roller-coaster, but now they're out of control. He started off with a few local political murders, then decided to branch off: "law" enforcement officers, celebrities; The coaster is escalating.

All of his killings were done very meticulously, but he made statements with them, maybe too far: "You dig in places til your fingers bleed." The killings have created a social phenomenon, people wait with bated breath to see who bites it next. Nicknames are coined: "The Midnight Murderer", "The Doctor", "The Visitor", "The Royal Butcher".

Copy-cat killers materialize and join together for mass slayings: "Spread the infection, where you spill your seed."-also meaning he will somehow kill someone very close to him in his life (the woman he loves the most).

He thinks back on how he can't even begin to remember how she made him feel back then, when she was still alive:"I can't remember what she came here for." On a larger scale he can't remember what things were like before the killings started: "I can't remember much of anything anymore." He's changed forever.

"She's gone"-he's crying, blubbering to himself holding her body in his hands. How could he let this happen to her? It was an accident-100%. He came back from killing a degenerate celebrity stealing money that could go to hospitals, the homeless...He slit the throat of the woman and soaked up all the blood with her money. He came home and pulled out the knife from inside of the cloak he wore when he went to work, still stained with the fresh blood. He heard a glass shatter on the floor and saw Her looking at him, face as white as the woman he just murdered. He tries to start explaining when she runs for the door, pleading...begging for her life, to be let go. He tried to put a hand on her neck. It happened so quickly-she went so silent so quick and slid down to the floor. It was buried so deep in the side of her neck, he didn't even feel it go in...The roller coaster has reached the highest point, the tippy-top.

Moments later he just looked up at the ceiling, waiting for something to happen, he didn't know what but something just had to happen. "Nothing to hold you back now..." As heavy as his arms and legs felt at that moment, his mind felt sharper than the blade he had killed two women with.

"A little mouth opened up inside, yeah I was watching on the day she died": His killer side has complete control of his mind and body, now that She has gone away. Even though mere minutes have passed since she died, he knows he "can't get the feeling back."
    Last edited by Tommy_Macbeth; 01-18-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Email from Firebrand
    Hi Tony -
    The physical component is set to ship by the end of the month, you will receive a shipping confirmation once it is headed your way.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or there is anything else we can help with.
    Well, I guess that's the answer we already knew lol

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Well, at least that means we can stop running to the mailbox every day- until we get the notification, of course.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Fuck I cannot wait to hear The Idea Of You live.

I wonder how they'll do it. The obvious answer is to blast it right out of the gate like the album version, but I could imagine them teasing an extended, built-up intro or something. Those four piano notes repeated against perfect silence until DADADADAN DADADADAN DA*etc*

I wouldn't have guessed that in 2017 a new NIN song would enter my all-time top-10. But there it is.

With the connection between Reptile and She's Gone Away in mind, I wonder if they'll do a segue between the two.

Christ I love this thing. My only beef it it's too short and leaves me wanting more. As designed.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

I wonder how they'll do it. The obvious answer is to blast it right out of the gate like the album version, but I could imagine them teasing an extended, built-up intro or something. Those four piano notes repeated against perfect silence until DADADADAN DADADADAN DA*etc*
    Assuming they do do it live, it'll be interesting to hear how they deal with the whispered vocals. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a completely different approach to the verses on that one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    About The Idea Of You. We already know about the song's similarities to With_Teeth. But I've been thinking. You know that song from the With Teeth Poster called "The Life You Didn't Lead"? Well, I feel like the lyrics of that song can be whispered to The Idea Of You, and TIOY is similar to With_Teeth....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Thanks for that. Super vague, but then again I should have known better ordering something called 'physical component'!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    About The Idea Of You. We already know about the song's similarities to With_Teeth. But I've been thinking. You know that song from the With Teeth Poster called "The Life You Didn't Lead"? Well, I feel like the lyrics of that song can be whispered to The Idea Of You, and TIOY is similar to With_Teeth....
    The origin of The Idea Of You is simple:

HYPERPOWER! and Zero-Sum had weird sex.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

I wouldn't have guessed that in 2017 a new NIN song would enter my all-time top-10. But there it is.

With the connection between Reptile and She's Gone Away in mind, I wonder if they'll do a segue between the two.

Christ I love this thing. My only beef it it's too short and leaves me wanting more. As designed.

What about Dear World, where left and right channel at the same time have different lyrics? I really love that part of the song

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    The origin of The Idea Of You is simple:

HYPERPOWER! and Zero-Sum had weird sex.
    Id like to follow that with Dear World being the love child of Only and Memorabilia..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm most intrigued by if/how Dear World would be played live w/ the two channels singing simultaneously.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    I'm most intrigued by if/how Dear World would be played live w/ the two channels singing simultaneously.
    I think DW is the least likely song on the EP to be played live. If it is, there's a good chance they either swap that part out for something more live friendly or just have the original dialogue play through the speakers while the band does other stuff. Would be cool and triply to have it spoken live, though!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Ok so by now every NIN song has fucked or abused every other NIN song and procreated with its own sisters, sons and grandpas.

Next album will be made of lack of chin, supernumerary fingers and oddly shaped genitalia.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well, Trent likes messing with reverbs, delays and other vocal effects, right? I think DW could totally work out if one channel is just a messy delay of the other one. I would love to see that happening.

And I gotta admit, although I didn't like it very much at first, I'm now rather excited about TIOY. That song will definitely kick ass live!

BTW: I hope there will be a live stream. The thought of missing out on all of that is killing me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    Trent's not the only person in the world that can sing

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Trent's not the only person in the world that can sing
    He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles!