Page 131 of 135 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It’s a good vocal delivery. But, given the widely accepted interpretation of “get behind me, Satan” in the Bible, I don’t see how this fits into the rest of the song or lyrics. I know, this is Manson, and I should look beyond whatever he is trying to say, and I generally do. But, this song feels like Shooter said to Manson, “Listen Brian, you get one song to say whatever the hell you want, the rest I get veto power on, ok?”

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    As I understand it, "get behind me, Satan" is an abashment. In the case of this song, I think it's him working within his own idiom of the spooky and demonic to say "shut up, hater."
    That and/or Satan fucking him.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    How should I go about opening that 7 inch that came with the album? Anyone open it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    How should I go about opening that 7 inch that came with the album? Anyone open it yet?

Box cutter along one of the edges should do the trick. Both tracks on it are already available online and it’s just black wax so I’m keeping mine sealed.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    We Are Chaos sounds like So Long and Thanks For all the Fish by APC.
    Yeah, it’s been brought up in this thread before... ::cool_sunglasses.gif-heh::

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Box cutter along one of the edges should do the trick. Both tracks on it are already available online and it’s just black wax so I’m keeping mine sealed.
    Good to know! I think I had it in my head that it was colored vinyl so thank you!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is still a great listen a few weeks later. There's something left in this crazy fucker. Shooter, if it's all you, you did good, kid. You did good.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Both tracks on it are already available online
    Where? I can't seem to find the remix anywhere except for that shitty quality YouTube upload.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Looks like new video for Don't Chase the Dead should be coming out today. I think he mentioned Norman Reedus is in it? I assume it will be related to Walking Dead?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Everything about this era and it's presentation has been everything I hoped Manson would be at this age when I was a kid. What a fucking turnaround in every way imaginable.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    No wonder he had an ear infection, haha

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Everything about this era and it's presentation has been everything I hoped Manson would be at this age when I was a kid. What a fucking turnaround in every way imaginable.
    It really is something, huh? I've spent years trashing the dudes post Holywood career, always saying it was a shame he couldn't do to himself what Trent did for himself. But damn, man, here we are, Manson FINALLY growing the fuck up and making music with passion again. I haven't genuinely thought this in probably 20 years, but if this is Mansons hopeful trajectory, lets see what happens when him and Trent work together again.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Manson does have this tendency to follow up a great album with a bad one. THEOL of a mindfuck of a record and varies in styles from song to song. Then Born Villain was a lame attempt at trying to recreate 1996. Then he follows it up with Pale Emperor which was a great record and more mature sounding. He got rave reviews for that and then follows it up with HUD which was even worse than BV in its desperate attempt to reclaim 1996. Now he follows that up with this new album which is brilliant and his most mature record to date. I just hope he doesn't follow this up with another wannabe ACSS Part 5. I hope he sticks w Shooter and continues on the path they started for WAC. This is the path he should take for the rest of his career.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I haven't genuinely thought this in probably 20 years, but if this is Mansons hopeful trajectory, lets see what happens when him and Trent work together again.
    I'd be pretty surprised if they worked together again. Being on good terms is one thing, but I doubt TR would take the time out of his busy schedule of producing scores and his own NIN work to produce another album for him or anything that substantial. I could MAYBE see Trent doing background vocals on a track like Queens of the Stone Age's "Kalopsia" and "Fairweather Friends," but I'd be really surprised by anything more serious than that.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 09-24-2020 at 01:55 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The new video looks great! There's something about the visual style of it that reminds me of another band, but I can't put my finger on which one. Works well with the song I think.

Also, Lindsay looks gorgeous in here. There's a scene in the first third of the video where she's standing in front of the visuals in a silky robe with her hand on her stomach and for a split second I thought "Is she pregnant??" But I think it's just the robe/lighting that sort of gave that illusion. Made me do a serious double-take though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Wow- a video from someone who looks like they actually spent time, thought, and possibly money on. 2020 gets more odd (odder?) by the day.

Two thumbs up.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, that video was a huge step up from "We Are Chaos".

Never liked "Don't chase the dead" until I saw the video.
    Sometimes a video can change your opinion of a song, odd how that can happen.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    THEOL of a mindfuck of a record and varies in styles from song to song. Then Born Villain was a lame attempt at trying to recreate 1996. Then he follows it up with Pale Emperor which was a great record and more mature sounding. He got rave reviews for that and then follows it up with HUD which was even worse than BV in its desperate attempt to reclaim 1996.
    I quite like Born Villain and think it gets an unwarranted amount of heat. Some good jams on that one that I think more people here groove out to than they let on. It might be Antichrist-lite but I'd still take that over EMDM or ACSS 2 Holywood..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Born villain a lame attempt to recreate 1996? That’s an interesting opinion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Awesome video, maybe my favorite since mOBSCENE

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I really hope Manson releases Paint You With My Love around christmas time

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    DCTD is the first recent Manson video I enjoyed in a long ass time. It's still visually striking like Manson's videos should be, but it doesn't feel like a tired attempt at trying to be shocking or disturbing. In terms of story, it's pretty straightforward and it's got some really cool shots in there. What a time to be a Manson fan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I quite like Born Villain and think it gets an unwarranted amount of heat. Some good jams on that one that I think more people here groove out to than they let on. It might be Antichrist-lite but I'd still take that over EMDM or ACSS 2 Holywood..
    I also quite like Born Villain. Yeah, it's not perfect and yes there are several songs that feel like he's trying to recapture the days of MA or ACSS, but there's just such a energy and brutality to that record that was missing from THEOL. After revisiting all his albums, I still can't into THEOL. I can definitely hear some of the direction he would go in on TPE and WAC and it has its share of good songs, but some of those songs are just so boring and overblown.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    I also quite like Born Villain. Yeah, it's not perfect and yes there are several songs that feel like he's trying to recapture the days of MA or ACSS, but there's just such a energy and brutality to that record that was missing from THEOL. After revisiting all his albums, I still can't into THEOL. I can definitely hear some of the direction he would go in on TPE and WAC and it has its share of good songs, but some of those songs are just so boring and overblown.
    lol I love THEOL. Ever since the day it came out. It's one of my favorite albums he's done and it's kind of a trip to see so many fans of his dunk on it. It gets weird, goofy and experimental as fuck (especially towards the middle) and that's what I find endearing about it. As somebody mentioned a few pages back, it's a lot deeper than most people realize. Completely ahead of its time. I remember rocking out to it on my drives out to the NINJA shows I attended. Great stuff..

Born Villain doesn't do as much for me, but it's still perfectly fine for what it is. That's the one where he sold off all his shit and moved into an empty house and just created from the ground up, isn't it? As long as you don't take it too seriously, there's some pretty good stuff on there..

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Thought/observation: Paint You With Amy Love sounds could be a Taylor Swift song. Also reminds me a hell of lot of Eminem’s “Headlights”.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lol I love THEOL. Ever since the day it came out. It's one of my favorite albums he's done and it's kind of a trip to see so many fans of his dunk on it. It gets weird, goofy and experimental as fuck (especially towards the middle) and that's what I find endearing about it. As somebody mentioned a few pages back, it's a lot deeper than most people realize. Completely ahead of its time. I remember rocking out to it on my drives out to the NINJA shows I attended. Great stuff..

Born Villain doesn't do as much for me, but it's still perfectly fine for what it is. That's the one where he sold off all his shit and moved into an empty house and just created from the ground up, isn't it? As long as you don't take it too seriously, there's some pretty good stuff on there..
    Born Villain works as an EP for me.

Slo-Mo-Tion
    Overneath the Path of Misery
    Children of Cain
    Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms
    Born Villain

I can take or leave the rest of the shit on it. Pistol-Whipped, The Gardener and Flowers of Evil are 3 of the worst songs in his catalog for me.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I seriously thought by some of those angles where his face appears to be surrounded by gore he was about to do a DoppelCoop/Bob thing and give birth to himself out of his chest. Or was that implied but not shown?

Either way, excellent video.

We Are Chaos is the album of 2020 for me. Surreal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Pistol Whipped is a joke no one wants to hear. I cannot comprehend how anyone could possibly find it funny.