Page 36 of 135 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Album scans confirm: the music is just Tyler Bates (who also wrote all of it) + Gil on drums and a couple of insignificant guests here and there. No Twiggy on the album, despite the early reports of him being involved. No Paul Wiley or Daniel Fox either.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Aaaahahah I’ve been making this joke since I first heard that song.
    i don't get it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i don't get it.
    Around the time of Born Villan, Manson got into some sort of physical altercation at a Denny’s restaurant with some random guy. It was tabloid fodder and became a joke I guess. I consider it his version of Danzig’s “knockout” video moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It's sad to say, but now that he's lost his parents, I think he might be kind of lonely. He probably realizes that life is too short to hold grudges and he is trying to rekindle his friendships. Whether or not they are going to take the bait is a different question.

I just feel bad for Manson reading pogo's response. Like, If you want to talk about someone who hate shim, he really, really despises him beyond words.
    It's kind of sad thinking they can't get passed the past and move on. But, I've had friendships destroyed and I tried to be the better person and reach out to them, and they just ignored me. So, I guess if anything, it says a lot about pogo as a person and not Manson.
    Me too but I hate to open a can of worms but I’m part of a Jack Off Jill group opened and ran by the band, mainly Jessicka Adams, and there’s so much bile and vitrol towards Manson in the group based on a post I never got to see that she spoke about. Something from the past that relates to him and someone he employed or another band mate...Twiggy perhaps, or at least that’s who it seems alluded to. It involves sexual assault or something. Not sure what to think of it really but it’s dismaying to see more people spew stuff elsewhere also.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-14-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i don't get it.
    “I MAKE SONGS 2 FITE AND 2 FUK 2”
    -gets punched in the face at dennys-

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Around the time of Born Villan, Manson got into some sort of physical altercation at a Denny’s restaurant with some random guy. It was tabloid fodder and became a joke I guess. I consider it his version of Danzig’s “knockout” video moment.
    It wasn't even that long ago, was during TPE tour. [Googles] April of 2015...

http://m.tmz.com/2015/04/07/marilyn-...-punched-face/

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarktrent View Post
    On JE$U$ CRI$I$:

I didn't know the lyrics to the song so I had to look them up. Soon as I saw the first line my shitty chest cold came rearing up from the laughter. Thanks a lot, asshole

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    It wasn't even that long ago, was during TPE tour. [Googles] April of 2015...

http://m.tmz.com/2015/04/07/marilyn-...-punched-face/
    I thought it was 2012....how time lines blur. I‘m old.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Jessicka has been openly calling Twiggy a legitimate rapist for many years.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Jessicka has been openly calling Twiggy a legitimate rapist for many years.
    I never was in that loop till I was invited to that Facebook group. Shows how much I pay attention to things of that nature. Jeordie doing that? Seems completely out of character, even in 90's attitudes.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I never was in that loop till I was invited to that Facebook group. Shows how much I pay attention to things of that nature. Jeordie doing that? Seems completely out of character, even in 90's attitudes.
    I obviously have no clue how any of these people are in real life, but it sure seemed like every person who actually knew that group back in the day was backing up Jessicka as telling the truth. I don't know about Jeordie's personality but I do know he is a fan of his groupies. He's definitely not always Mr Wholesome lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I obviously have no clue how any of these people are in real life, but it sure seemed like every person who actually knew that group back in the day was backing up Jessicka as telling the truth. I don't know about Jeordie's personality but I do know he is a fan of his groupies. He's definitely not always Mr Wholesome lol.
    Yeah, I don't read up on it often because I'm not glued to Facebook like a teenager but I know Bier and Putesky frequent the group and interact. I'm sure back in the day in 1991-1993 there was plenty of debauchery from all sides of these scenes. I know his fondness of groupies and the infamous taste for "whiskey and speed" so who knows what he does when intoxicated, nor then. I wasn't there. Just startling to read I suppose.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ....how time lines blur. I‘m old.
    As am I.

Spoiler alert: it doesn't get any better or easier lol. (by "better" I'm not talking about life really, just time flies by fast as fuck and keeps going by faster)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    As am I.

Spoiler alert: it doesn't get any better or easier lol. (by "better" I'm not talking about life really, just time flies by fast as fuck and keeps going by faster)
    It's all relative.

I guess deep inside, the way we measure time is pointless, considering our only constant through life is ourselves. I mean, when you are 3 years old, 1 year is a whole third of your own existence... that's a lot!!! When you are 40, one year is 1/40 of your own existence and so forth and so on...

Is everything speeding up, or are we slowing down?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I haven't listened to the new album, but I'll try to approach with no expectations and an open mind. The video for WKWYFL seems forced, and as much as I like the music, it feels too long. I haven't paid attention to the lyrics. I found the video for Say10 kinda boring and the music didn't touch my special area... pretty meh... and the girl playing with herself... whT's the point? Whoever is directing these videos could do a better job, this is not even a shadow of the work of the old stuff. The imagery used to be so rich and seductive. This new stuff seems derivative, creatively cheap and lazy.

About Pogo... wow. He's not doing himself any favours talking so much shit on social media. It's pretty embarrassing, actually, and sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have recently read through all 37 pages of this thread and have really enjoyed the different views and takes on Manson and his career.

Have listened to HUD around 6 times now. I think its a pretty decent latter day Manson album. It does have it cringe moments for sure - the chorus to Say10 and Jesus Crisis in its entirety for example. The key is not to compare a new Manson album to any output up to and including Holywood. It will inevitably come up short but if there are some tunes that get my foot tapping then that will do at this point in his career. Same with (for example) a new Stones album. I don't compare it to Sticky Fingers or Exile because it just isn't going to cut the mustard. Nor will a new Metallica album rate alongside MOP or RTL. You just accept that those days are gone and take what is offered at this stage. I think Revelation 12, Tattooed in Reverse and Saturnalia are fantastic songs.

One thing that does raise my eyebrows slightly are the accusations of fakery in Manson's lyrics. Are they really that fake? I mean we are not talking about a clean middle aged man who is settled down with a wife and kids here. From what I know of Manson's life, he has a string of failed relationships behind him, both romantic and professional. He has serious substance abuse issues, the main ones seeming to be cocaine and alcohol. He does not strike me as a happy camper at all. In that sense, many of his lyrics are not forced. I don't see a happy settled man forcing himself to write lyrics which embody bleakness and nihilism to appease his fanbase. I think he is painting what he sees. Obviously the quality of these lyrics is sometimes questionable but I don't think the sincerity is.

The bitterness of some of his ex bandmates I find rather embarrassing. A quick glance at the official Jack off Jill FB page makes my toes curl in terms of the slander and bile being spewed. Move on, get over it. Put your energy into building yourself up instead of putting someone else down. The irony of it all is that the a lot of these people can only get attention these days by using the name of the man they all claim to reserve so much disdain for.

Oh and one other thing. My vinyl copy of HUD arrived today and Saturnalia is a minute and a half shorter than the digital version, thus missing off the great intro. Not happy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Doesn't anyone else think that Saturnalia is just a sub-par rip off of Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarj View Post
    Doesn't anyone else think that Saturnalia is just a sub-par rip off of Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus?
    Like, ten other people have posted that. Other than the three descending notes in one part of the song I don't hear it. Three notes is hardly plagiarism.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Like, ten other people have posted that. Other than the three descending notes in one part of the song I don't hear it. Three notes is hardly plagiarism.
    Maybe the style of the song is the same but I probably wouldn't have noticed or compared the two if it wasn't for this board mentioning it before I heard the song for the first time. Now listen to "Turn Me Loose" by Loverboy on YouTube, then listen to Slo-Mo-Tion. That one I noticed on my own, but who cares, they are both great songs from different times. It's been a while since I heard a riff that was completely original and caught my attention.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think Daisy’s cancer is back. He is not looking good

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I think Daisy’s cancer is back. He is not looking good
    Aw, I liked that guy. He seems like a real cool, down-to-earth kind of guy. Fuck Cancer.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Listened to the new album again and I must say....I really hate it...First couple listens I thought it was OK but I think it sucks now....Seems uninspired and the vocals are awful...Too bad cuz I thought the dude was onto something with PE
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-17-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    .not a good year for Manson and his bandmates

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Um, wow. This is a really difficult read. If half of this is true then one of my favorite musicians is a fucking monster.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Sad if true. A bit off topic, I never heard the term riot "grrrl" before. Had to google it since I thought it was a typo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Um, wow. This is a really difficult read. If half of this is true then one of my favorite musicians is a fucking monster.
    I am right there with you. I fn love Twiggy and that was rough to read. Ugh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

Twiggy isn’t the same person he was back then. But rape is still rape. Jesus.

Edit: I read her post, wow. Poor girl
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 10-20-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, fuck. I am now officially a terrible person for liking Jeordie White as a musician and as part of my favorite NIN band lineup because he did something during Antichrist Superstar era that's considered unforgivable, especially when not accepting the accuser's word by itself as absolute proof that he committed rape is considered to be the same as supporting rape. Manson himself was never exactly a saint, especially not during that era, so I guess that this proves that being a Manson fan automatically makes you a bad person. I'm not saying that what he did was okay; I'm saying that I'm really getting sick of how many seemingly okay people turn out to be unforgivable monsters, and you have to completely change your views on every aspect of their existence or else you're also a monster. I'm probably going to be flamed for being hesitant to pull a complete u-turn on all things Manson because of this, given that Manson's songs have helped me get through life, but each revelation of someone committing rape/assault/abuse/etc really does hurt a little when I wasn't already fully aware of it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just found that to be disturbing. Especially what he did to that woman when she was just talking to Trent as he was so possessive. If NIN ever gets inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame. I hope he's not part of that group and not thanked. Fuck Jeordie.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I honestly don't have an Opinion on either person, but would suggest not to jump to conclusions. It doesn't look good right now but people (male and female) do lie or can stretch the truth.

Hope it's not true but if it is he needs to face the consequences of what was done.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    Oh, fuck. I am now officially a terrible person for liking Jeordie White as a musician and as part of my favorite NIN band lineup because he did something during Antichrist Superstar era that's considered unforgivable, especially when not accepting the accuser's word by itself as absolute proof that he committed rape is considered to be the same as supporting rape. Manson himself was never exactly a saint, especially not during that era, so I guess that this proves that being a Manson fan automatically makes you a bad person. I'm not saying that what he did was okay; I'm saying that I'm really getting sick of how many seemingly okay people turn out to be unforgivable monsters, and you have to completely change your views on every aspect of their existence or else you're also a monster. I'm probably going to be flamed for being hesitant to pull a complete u-turn on all things Manson because of this, given that Manson's songs have helped me get through life, but each revelation of someone committing rape/assault/abuse/etc really does hurt a little when I wasn't already fully aware of it.
    People still like Roman polanski movies, and he sexually assaulted a 13 year old.