Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    One of the few things that has been consistent throughout Manson's career is his craving for attention. There's zero chance Manson wrote that comment. I'd be surprised if he was even aware of that page's existence.
    Last edited by Airbornefeline; 04-20-2017 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post

I don't expect that will be anytime soon seeing as how he titled his new album Say10. It's like he has Benjamin Button disease and as he continues his music becomes more and more juvenile and lacking of substance. Sad.
    well said, the guy has morped into an uninteresting teenager. it's sad bc his albums used to be so powerful and his stage presence dominant.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm completely out of the loop.

I was never a FAN of MM, but I did enjoy Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and even Holy Wood.

A few years ago I started watching some old interviews on Youtube (from around the Portrait era and on) and I was surprised at how lucid and clever he was, very articulate and respectful.

What happened to him and his band? Just the old "rock and roll" cliche (eaten up by his own ego)?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I'm completely out of the loop.

I was never a FAN of MM, but I did enjoy Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and even Holy Wood.

A few years ago I started watching some old interviews on Youtube (from around the Portrait era and on) and I was surprised at how lucid and clever he was, very articulate and respectful.

What happened to him and his band? Just the old "rock and roll" cliche (eaten up by his own ego)?
    He axel rosed the band, nose dived into addiction and ruined his legacy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Say10 is now Heaven Upside Down (uǝʌɐǝɥ?)

Last edited by imail724; 05-09-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

Wow, he has smoked/snorted/drank himself retarded. It's really too bad, he used to be insightful and give good interviews.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Wow, he has smoked/snorted/drank himself retarded. It's really too bad, he used to be insightful and give good interviews.
    His mom did die of dementia. I wonder if this could be an early sign?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, he's just babbling on about absolute nonsense. I had to turn it off. I couldn't listen to him anymore. He's going on like a crazy old man. I feel bad for this guy, he isn't even 50 yet.

Still want to hear his new record though... still no news? No single?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    On the one hand I'm glad they realized Say10 is a stupid, stupid name.

On the other...does he even know where he is?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's not as bad a title as before but it's still pretty terrible. If we can just get an album with the sound of TPE but with lyrics that aren't tryhard teenager notebook scrawls I'll take whatever it's called, but I'm doubtful of either of those things happening.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It's not as bad a title as before but it's still pretty terrible. If we can just get an album with the sound of TPE but with lyrics that aren't tryhard teenager notebook scrawls I'll take whatever it's called, but I'm doubtful of either of those things happening.
    i told my wife this morning that he changed the title and she went "say10 was a WAY less stupid title" and had the most amazing look on her face...like she had just heard the worst joke in the world. we both loved TPE and were hoping for more in that vein but i'm starting to worry :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have no issues for the music going forward. Some past titles weren't the best or brightest either haha.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i don't think that's early onset dementia or the long term effects of drug use in that clip. it appears to me that with that lip licking shit, the dude has just RECENTLY snorted some coke or ice.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nah, it's just what it's always been for the last like five years...EVERY answer has to be a joke...EVERY answer has to be 'oh so very witty'...fuck it's gotta get tiring. I don't care how bad the interview questions are...there was one where it was actually a pretty legit set of questions...he won some shitty magazine award, and the interviewer tried for so long to keep crackin' bad jokes along with it but after a certain point it's like we get it...you're a riot. How about you answer like an adult for the next one?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Of course his fansbase ain't what it used to be, but it's still hi-fucking-larious to picture the one or two Mansonites who already have SAY 10 tattoos right now...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    Of course his fansbase ain't what it used to be, but it's still hi-fucking-larious to picture the one or two Mansonites who already have SAY 10 tattoos right now...
    And right on the palm's of their hands, written just like this:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

"No..I don't do drugs...EVER.." (Says in the most stoned tone)

How convincing...

But to be real.
    He sounds rather extremelly depressed, I dunno, he really doesn't seem to be high here, just devoid of any joy or life. But that is just my guess.

Maybe he was just drunk, but he sounds extremelly "out of it" and not just in a drunk kind of way, but the "I wish I could die right about now" kind of way.
    Last edited by HWB; 05-10-2017 at 03:56 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I used to really look up to that guy. SO much.

I'm really glad I'm nothing like he is now

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'd guess drunk. He hits the bottle harder than anything else from what I gather.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    phew it's getting worse and worse with this guy... and what do I see on FB today? He's touring this fall... I'm curious but don't want to spend any money on this mess...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, he must have been really fucking pissed that morning when he put his make up on. What a fucking mess. It's all over his shirt and everything. What are we going to do with him?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    phew it's getting worse and worse with this guy... and what do I see on FB today? He's touring this fall... I'm curious but don't want to spend any money on this mess...
    I'll save you time, the first show will have 3 or 4 new songs. then after that, the show will consist of one new single and the same damn songs that has been overplayed forever. Beautiful People will close and he might fall over and kids who weren't there for the good years will say how awesome it is.

Before I get shit, I am still and always will be a Manson fan. But at least I know the live show has gone to shit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hopefully that's only a promo photo. If it's an indication for the album artwork it might be the worst one yet.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I the mess of it was the point of the photo or something. Remember when the guy took good photos?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    But at least I know the live show has gone to shit.
    I won't act like it hasn't been extra terrible over the past decade compared to the "glory days," but even then, I've seen so much footage of genuinely terrible and disastrous shows from the ACSS era on. He's always seemed to have a very tenuous grasp of his vocal abilities live, has had issues with maintaining the unnecessarily-high energy he tries to open up with, and has forgotten lyrics, stumbled all over the place and laid down on the stage constantly for pretty much ever. There was a time where I think that chaotic, unhinged vibe felt like an intentional and valid part of the show and not the depressing and embarrassing process that it is now, but I don't think MM was ever really a band that was dependable live.

And, in all fairness, at least nothing's been as horrifyingly bad as that THEoL tour where everybody was legitimately worrying that the guy might die.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I forgot about that tour. I never saw a one off show but I caught the mayhem tour with him. That was a hard watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I'll save you time, the first show will have 3 or 4 new songs. then after that, the show will consist of one new single and the same damn songs that has been overplayed forever. Beautiful People will close and he might fall over and kids who weren't there for the good years will say how awesome it is.

Before I get shit, I am still and always will be a Manson fan. But at least I know the live show has gone to shit.
    I agree ,the setlist are boring as hell and the performance (on his parts at least ,cuz the band is on point)sucks ,i saw him in Montreal opening for slipknot and it was horrible to watch ,i swa him twice during the GGG tour and still some of the best shoe i've seen ever . Do you guys remenber when he would talk between songs ,it was always some powerful and meaningful stuff taht would pump the crowd like crazy ,like before the fight song in the GGG tour or before The refelcting God in the dead to the world tour ,those where the good old days ,now when he talks you just want him to shut up

But i'm still a fan of the album he puts out ,loved TPE and i'm impatient to hear HUD (yeah thats the acronym for the next one loll )
    Last edited by maniac; 05-15-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    *Draws a portrait of Eric Draven's face out of cocaine and NTAE physical component powder*

*Slams self facefirst into it*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Heaven (upside down). Reminds me of bowie's heathen. Isn't that upside down on the cover? More bowie rip offs. Ugh. Give it up Brian.